Subject: "Uh, yes." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90220
Show all folders

ValkenarTue 09-Feb-10 02:18 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90311, "Uh, yes."

> And worse, it's
>almost all predicated on the incorrect assumption that we're
>talking about ragers. Which we are not.

My entire argument isn't predicated on that assumption, only the part about your bias. It's not that pre-hero is lopsided in broad strokes, though in some cases (warrior vs mage) it is. But almost every *fight* is. Basically the dictum that if you didn't start the fight you should run away holds true much more in the low levels than at hero. At hero, it's usually worth sticking around a bit to see how it goes, as you essentially admit later.

>Lots of slow fights pre-25. Lots of big reversals. And only
>because you are narrow minded and lazy do you think that only
>ragers win fights at 25.

It's not that only ragers win fights. Certainly, warriors farming mages because they're easy kills is one category of lopsided fight. What you're saying here is contradicted by what you say later about not having time to make mistakes. Consider that a missed skill is functionally equivalent to a wrongly chosen skill most of the time. I.e. nothing good happens for you and you're lagged a couple rounds. If you can't afford the mistakes at lower levels, then you can't afford for skills to fail. Reversals are much rarer because one failed skill means retreat at low levels.

>>More, even if all that were true, what about post 25? The
>original poster said anything pre hero. You just said at 25.
>Ok, assume that were true. What about 30, 35, 40, 45?

His argument falls apart closer to hero. Around the late 30s early forties HP totals are catching up to damage output enough for it to be fun again. But there is still some validity to what he is saying. Picking on level 38 people with a final offense form is as lame as picking on level 25 mages with a warrior.

>It's all ridiculous. You have to use just as much if not more
>tactics and thought in early fights as you do later, just
>different ones. And it's more important precisely because you
>don't have those hp so you have to be right or you won't have
>time to escape like you do at hero.

That lack of time to escape is precisely what makes the fights boring. , because it's also a lack of time to pursue all but the very simplest of tactics. One bash being a whole fight is not fun. Like I said at that point it becomes all strategy: who can beg borrow or steal the better gear, who will bother training up skills.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicGone [View all] , Bandeth (Guest), Sat 06-Feb-10 06:30 PM
Reply RE: Gone, E (Guest), 07-Feb-10 06:04 PM, #3
Reply RE: Gone, E... again (Guest), 08-Feb-10 02:03 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Gone, Bandeth (Guest), 08-Feb-10 03:06 PM, #5
     Reply You make no sense, Graatch (Guest), 08-Feb-10 06:29 PM, #6
     Reply Because, Valkenar, 08-Feb-10 07:00 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Because, Graatch (Guest), 08-Feb-10 10:14 PM, #8
          Reply Yes, lopsided.., Valkenar, 09-Feb-10 11:11 AM, #13
               Reply Uh, no., Graatch (Guest), 09-Feb-10 12:29 PM, #14
               Reply Uh, yes., Valkenar, 09-Feb-10 02:18 PM #16
               Reply My take -, MalakhiiPhone (Guest), 09-Feb-10 04:00 PM, #19
                    Reply This is an awesome post. NT, TMNS_lazy (Guest), 09-Feb-10 09:35 PM, #21
               Reply You are seeing what you want to see., NMTehW (Guest), 09-Feb-10 08:06 PM, #20
     Reply RE: You make no sense, Bandeth (Guest), 09-Feb-10 05:18 AM, #9
          Reply RE: You make no sense, Graatch (Guest), 09-Feb-10 12:29 PM, #15
               Reply RE: You make no sense, Prometeuss (Guest), 09-Feb-10 02:22 PM, #17
     Reply Seriously..., Arrna (Guest), 09-Feb-10 06:58 AM, #10
     Reply RE: Seriously..., Bandeth (Guest), 09-Feb-10 09:08 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Gone, E (Guest), 09-Feb-10 10:27 AM, #12
     Reply That's because it is easy, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 09-Feb-10 03:41 PM, #18
Reply wtb beta access for whatever game it is! pm me! nt, Artificial, 06-Feb-10 11:42 PM, #1
     Reply RE: wtb beta access for whatever game it is! pm me! nt, Prometeuss (Guest), 07-Feb-10 04:22 AM, #2
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90220 Previous topic | Next topic