Subject: "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8737
Show all folders

Amora (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 12:24 PM

#8762, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"

Well.....it was extremely fun.

I hope most people only hated me ic and not ooc. If its any consolation...Amora died alone with just her faithful darkenwood treant as she lived most of her life.

Amora was the most work I ever put into a character, and it was extremely my best experience ever. For the first time I had went beyond a two paragraph role and my role actually ended up being about...15 pages. Conceptually, ooc wise, I wanted to play a druid that did two things. Demonstrated their power, as they were *extremely* underplayed..(when I started....only Dhaomael about..and rarely...and the other sylvan druid had just con died). And secondly...take note here...I had an extreme pet peave with druids: Coming from playing two former sylvan druids, and looking at all history of druids...with the exception of perhaps Beornin and a few scarabs...all druids might as well have been elves or running around with golden auras. This was also very true of the sylvan cabal. I wanted a druid that was not cookie cutter and countered this.

It turned out to be a great roleplaying experience. Much of Amora's earlier life was built around her love of the night and being born a dark sapling to counter the balance. This was as close as she came to promoting the balance. Also, she firmly believed that the sylvan mocked nature by proposing that any mere mortal could upset the balance. She believed that nature was *not* a fragile thing and should be feared at all times. To lock oneself behind shutters and doors was useless. The view on druids as elven stereotypes was really played out in her encounters. Her first 100 kills were a lot of paladins saying out loud instead of fighting, "Why are you attacking me as a druid? I'm a paladin". as they went down dying...or battleragers saying..."Why do you attack? I didn't kill any forest creatures".

My sphere was destruction. I was empowered by Cyradia and told that I was to weave a path of destruction or I would witness horrible and terrible things that I could not begin to imagine. (Yep, followers of Cyradia do not sleep well at night) This was also applied to clothing and I hated full looting as I didn't do it with other characters, and really hated it ooc wise. Later as a scarab, (and for the long persuit of before hand) this became especially important, as I thought to leave clothing was a sign of compassion.

I was extremely impressed with Cyradia as she made this my most memorable chracter. It had earlier been my intentions to go Scion. And I stayed true to this for a *LONG* time. Early in my life, Dullameh sent a scroll that no scions were to attack me. This made for a long long time of awesome politics and alliances. Eventually, I was turned evil, after much working towards this and had to sacrafice a few things. There is no advantage to an evil druid by the way, (ooc: though I didn't intend their to be). But so you know, you only do less damage to those of the light with protection, easily counters your own protection potions...and paladins can wrath you. I had actually thought I would never be able to fight paladins because of what I had seen of wrath as a scion warrior, but I underestimated druid powers.

Both Dullameh and Urden tried to induct me into Scion, but it would not let them, even though I was evil. An immortal had to do it. I spent the next 2 weeks trying to pray for such, as did Dullameh praying here and there. I made about 15 visits to Zulghinlours shrine, and prayed to Valguarnara about the same. Never got a single response. Now on a downside, this was my most discouraging immortal experience...but on an upside....they do an *awesome* job on programming projects and valguarnara was on vacation. I continued to roleplay amora and the timing of events became critical. Valguarnara returned from Vacation as he posted here on the forums. However, I spent the next 48 hours in reflection ic wise and decided based on a few experiences with Amora and how they affected her views and beliefs, to shift towards a student of the scarab. Despite Valguarnara returning, I decided to go for the Scarab though it was a longshot despite having more support for Scion. (And yes, sometimes I wonder how a scion druid would have been, but I owed a lot to Cyradia and was happy with my choice)

Oh wait, no...the following was my most discouraging moment. When Cyradia told me...that to join the Scarab...I had to slay Dullameh. Now you know dullameh I was not trying to be another random backstabber, there was a point. When asking Cyradia for advice, she told me....get a weapon..."Hold handle, point end lich". Well, it didn't work Though I felt a little jipped, I had you come to the Mists of Barovia, it was a maze, I waited to all the phylacteries fell, hunted you and attacked.....you were taking mangles/demolishes, but disappeared instantly with the soapstone. The immortals said this was perhaps not as it should be...and would speak to both the creators of the hunt and phylacteries...oh well chance blown.

The villagers were an interesting experience. I literally killed them over...about 100 times? This made a lot of sense when I sought scion and the fact battleragers didn't think druids should attack them or anyone of nature. With a few bad multiple cranial/pincer experiences...and karkanens undisclosed technique...I always had the upperhand usually. When I no longer sought scion, I incorporated into my search of truth the revelation that to kill battleragers when they were not the highest on the list of profane, was to kill out of habbit. And that I why the village and I made amends of sorts. Now here we have to give lots of praise to the immortals of the Village. Wow, I have never had a character have so much interaction with immortals not of your cabal/religion. Almost ten battleragers deleted after dying to me. The battle Gods would contact me and point out that I had demonstrated to them who was weak among them. A lot of villagers who stuck it out, were really shown to be stronger: hence the title I believe, Forger of the Untamed Soul. It was neat seeing that side of you Thror, though in hindsight...I was a druid with metal allergies in your forge It should be noted, I was actually changed from Hunted by the Village to Hunter of the Village...but then got the new title, which was spiffier anyways. PS: Thrak is an awesome God also...I had a lot of fun with the elf killing...was kinda funny...Paladins kept coming from everywhere to attack and you'd say...."That ain't no elf, You go kill elves" Once again, I think its really above the call of duty when an immortal does interaction *OUTSIDE* of the shrine and makes for awesome experiences.

Ooc Wise: I was kinda glad to stop fighting the village. I had just played two villagers who autodeleted and some of the first few slaughterings were former ic friends. Falkim, Shalven, etc. ACK: Raliyas though not of the village is high on this list. It also was going to the third generation of villagers to be slain next and was getting a bit rediculous.

Druids in general. Awesome, love them. This was my third druid. I found it ironic that the one scion invoker Margonus? something like that...was Palin and Zharradim....at that means I had fought him with all three druids at some point in different lives. I had really played the druid spectrum. The first time, we had bearform and birdform, but could change in combat and no herbs existed as a requirement. The second druid...they took away bearform and birdform to balance them. And this one was way better of course, mainly because of herbs. Though I found forms rarely to be used. There is a reason for this besides herbs running out. To use them was to often die easily.

Despite popular belief, I did not just spam sunray. Only in fights where it made sense. Which granted is a lot of fights. If you are fighting multiple targets, you often take out the less protected fastest with sunrays as oppose to moonbeaming everyone.

I entangled 15 people to death, had 12 die as a result of spores, killed 35 with fireseeds, etc. And here is a humerous statistic...about 10 people died to briartangle, no...not just the lag(that would be countless)...10 actually died to the little briartangle damage. And I also call lightninged to death about 15 people. And the fight with Dakizar.....we fought in the arena...which oddly was indoors...and I had no pets and couldn't sunray there. Another odd statistic...I survived 30 assassination attempts. Sorry Huraz, Shaitarak, and a few others.

The most challenging thing about Amora was the overwhelming odds. I was enemies at first with the village, sylvan, icy drake, maran/dawn, and warlocks. Later in life exchange the village for nexus/scion. It made for some really crazy scenarios. It was not unusual to have 3 or 4 groups of 4 for each of the above hunting me in ajacent areas at the same time. However, I was able to defeat groups of 4-6 into total slaying only 3 times with no one escaping...but beat that many into retreat about 25 times. Yet before you think druids are overpowered, check out some of the logs of me falling extremely hard.

My main cause for death were these: My love for adversity in fights and refusing to accept the situation of circumstances. There were times when the druid conditions were *NOT* right to fight...but I did so anyway...or just didn't distinguish the differences I would have or...refused to accept them. This is a lesson for any player on any class, but the pendelem swung a *lot* as a druid. I had the fastest turnover rate of equipment ever I think. I'm surprised at my 85% kill ratio. Considering I con died, and had about 5 extra con on top of the 20 I started with, thats more kills that I expected, but someone else can do the math and it matters little compared to everything else.

Geez guys, I just don't know what to play now after this character.
Suggestions please? (Considering a Battlerager with good roleplaying that can survive to age die *good luck there*)

My previous going backwards were starting with Amora: Amora, Lacasia(Scion), Tambra(Battlerager), Amarellis(Battlerager), Tiera(Sylvan Druid), Amarellis(Empire War Mistress), Crystanthia (Sylvan Druid, Captain)

PS: I have a *LOT* of goodbyes. Sadly I wish I had a name list as there are so many and I just need to remember all the names. And you are going to kill me....do you know that I had over 1,000 fights in this characters life, but didn't log one? You do now have permission to post them. Thanks for all the great experiences everyone. Thanks Cyradia.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 26-Aug-02 11:18 AM
Reply Druids are overpowered, Grumpy Old Man (Guest), 04-Sep-02 07:09 AM, #46
Reply I think..., Jareiah (Guest), 04-Sep-02 08:56 AM, #47
Reply RE: Druids are overpowered, Zulghinlour, 04-Sep-02 10:12 AM, #48
Reply RE: Druids are overpowered, GOM (Guest), 04-Sep-02 12:58 PM, #52
     Reply RE: Druids are overpowered, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 04-Sep-02 01:41 PM, #53
Reply RE: Druids are overpowered, Valguarnera, 04-Sep-02 11:37 AM, #49
     Reply Hrm., Delatanoris (Guest), 04-Sep-02 11:57 AM, #50
     Reply RE: Hrm., nepenthe, 04-Sep-02 12:13 PM, #51
          Reply Please dont listen to the hype., Blimbali (Guest), 07-Sep-02 12:03 PM, #58
     Reply Take a look at this fight then, Grumpy Old Man (Guest), 06-Sep-02 05:44 PM, #54
          Reply There are numerous comments I could make, nepenthe, 06-Sep-02 06:56 PM, #55
               Reply Well..., GOM (Guest), 06-Sep-02 07:06 PM, #56
                    Reply RE: Well..., nepenthe, 06-Sep-02 09:06 PM, #57
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, rezplayer, 03-Sep-02 02:23 PM, #45
Reply Feew, Gorach, 30-Aug-02 12:39 AM, #41
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, Flephen (Guest), 28-Aug-02 08:21 AM, #38
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, Dalewiki (Guest), 27-Aug-02 02:45 PM, #34
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, Amora (Guest), 27-Aug-02 08:51 PM, #35
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, Dalewiki (Guest), 28-Aug-02 02:50 AM, #36
Reply Didnt know you long......., Korran, 27-Aug-02 02:41 AM, #29
Reply Woohoo!, Cyradia (Guest), 26-Aug-02 06:11 PM, #22
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, ORB, 26-Aug-02 03:04 PM, #15
Reply "Why not another scarab...?", Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 03:31 PM, #16
     Reply You realize by the time your next char is rank 20, BANDWAGON :P (Guest), 26-Aug-02 04:36 PM, #19
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 12:24 PM #1
     Reply Just for the sake of contradiction..., Shaitarak, 26-Aug-02 01:18 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Just for the sake of contradiction..., Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 01:46 PM, #6
     Reply Oh man, Ulthur, 26-Aug-02 01:25 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Oh man, Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 01:49 PM, #7
     Reply wow the horror machine is gone, Lydian (Guest), 26-Aug-02 01:32 PM, #4
     Reply RE: wow the horror machine is gone, Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 01:55 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Simyar, 26-Aug-02 01:40 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:00 PM, #9
     Reply Loved you OOC... Loved you IC...., Karhon (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:00 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Loved you OOC... Loved you IC...., Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:06 PM, #11
     Reply Lacasia!?, Valarath n/t (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:28 PM, #12
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Nilushka (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:29 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Lardovian (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:59 PM, #14
     Reply Nice job old girl....*grin*, Wasarbre (Guest), 26-Aug-02 03:37 PM, #17
     Reply Karkanen's secret, Abernyte, 26-Aug-02 03:57 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Gromez (Guest), 26-Aug-02 04:52 PM, #20
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Rocheval (Guest), 26-Aug-02 05:51 PM, #21
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Uulgraz (Guest), 26-Aug-02 06:42 PM, #23
     Reply Yowsers!, Ransleyr (Guest), 26-Aug-02 07:43 PM, #24
     Reply I waited.., Jareiah (Guest), 26-Aug-02 08:10 PM, #25
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Falkim (Guest), 26-Aug-02 09:16 PM, #26
     Reply A hearty salute..., Barilan (Guest), 26-Aug-02 10:53 PM, #27
     Reply Good job, killer, Gyasi (Guest), 27-Aug-02 01:16 AM, #28
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Spyko (Guest), 27-Aug-02 06:30 AM, #30
     Reply PS: I cant believe you were Lacasia! -nt-, Spyko (Guest), 27-Aug-02 06:35 AM, #31
     Reply Thanks, nepenthe, 27-Aug-02 06:36 AM, #32
     Reply A memory, Jaxar (Guest), 27-Aug-02 12:26 PM, #33
     Reply Well done, Thrakburzug, 28-Aug-02 07:51 AM, #37
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Racli, 28-Aug-02 11:32 AM, #39
     Reply Ta Ta, Blimbali (Guest), 29-Aug-02 05:17 PM, #40
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Alysrith, 30-Aug-02 05:02 PM, #42
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Phoden (Guest), 31-Aug-02 10:27 AM, #43
     Reply So thats where you went..., Gunn (Guest), 01-Sep-02 08:06 AM, #44
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8737 Previous topic | Next topic