Subject: "Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for the he..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58243
Show all folders

A2Tue 15-May-07 06:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#58243, "Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for the he..."

The longer I wait the more I'll forget.

I had one mage before this, an uncaballed muter that I shot up to 50 and pretty much deleted right away so I don't tend to count that. So this was my first mage as far as I'm concerned.

As far as necromancers go. A very well done class as far as a balance between power and fragility. Also, the rp aspects of the spells makes it so much fun. I wish as much thought went into the flavor of shamans as has been put into necromancers. Something I noticed, the playerbase at large seems to despise necromancers. That vibe carries through in gameplay, not the characters mind you, the players. I'll echo the one thing I've consistently heard about necromancers over the years, making zombies sucks so much ass its not even funny. I got so tired of spending my first 1 and half to 2 hours of my 3-4 hour session trying to build an army and stopped messing with it for the most part. They are horrid to try and level too. And finally, sitting at spectre is a huge disadvantage on one hand fighting heros but on the other, you get to bottom feed off the people just outside of hero range. By the way, for all of you who complain about how lame necros and sleep are, paladins take lame to a whole new level when you are playing a necro.

There were really only two people I talked to, Isabaeux and Nuloh, so once they were gone it was worse than being uncaballed. Special thanks to Sekhuroth for the pick me up at the end there. Isa and Nuloh, showed me a ton, helped a ton, though a good bit of the time I felt like you could tell I was new to the evil mage show and really just felt bad as players and wanted to encourage me. Thanks either way. Also, shout out to Rebin for trying to help me level, it was mind boggling when I have a hero defense muter willing to tank for a group and no one wants to stay.

Trib is probably not something I'll be chomping at the bit to try again anytime soon. First trib too. For the most part an ok cabal, probably not my cup of tea, maybe more so when there is more imm interaction helping keep things moving along.

I started off strong on the role and then I just kind of lost the urge to add to it and flesh it out. I had it all in my head I just couldn't get the motivation to write it. There at the end I just started pissing away con again like I have a habit of doing when I stop really feeling the character so I knew it was time to just delete and move on instead of pad people's pk ratios on my way out the door. I haven't gotten much sleep so I won't go any further into the good byes specifically, post if you want and I'll reply.

Garenth, Laenelis, Thestune, Landren and now Vessit with many others sprinkled in there somewhere.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicVessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for the he... [View all] , A2, Tue 15-May-07 06:53 AM
Reply Sad to see this., Sekhuroth (Guest), 15-May-07 02:42 PM, #11
Reply RE: Sad to see this., A2, 15-May-07 03:10 PM, #12
Reply P.S. My first two role entries got chopped off., A2, 15-May-07 01:29 PM, #9
Reply You didn't get any comments or a quest because txt, AnonGoodieMage (Guest), 15-May-07 12:43 PM, #8
Reply Lichquest, Someone (Guest), 15-May-07 12:13 PM, #6
Reply RE: Lichquest, A2, 15-May-07 12:36 PM, #7
Reply Re: PBF, A2, 15-May-07 10:21 AM, #5
Reply RE: Re: PBF, Daevryn, 15-May-07 01:39 PM, #10
Reply I appreciate you taking the hit, A2, 15-May-07 04:43 PM, #14
Reply I think you did great sticking it out., Yhorian (Guest), 15-May-07 03:33 PM, #13
Reply RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..., Isabaeux (Guest), 15-May-07 07:44 AM, #3
Reply RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..., A2, 15-May-07 07:52 AM, #4
Reply RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..., Brinkmun (Guest), 15-May-07 07:41 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Vessit is dead and I'm too impatient to wait for th..., A2, 15-May-07 07:44 AM, #2
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #58243 Previous topic | Next topic