Subject: "(DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57035
Show all folders

Alarith (Guest)Wed 04-Apr-07 03:57 PM

#57035, "(DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood"

I deleted and I'm too lazy to wait for the 3-day potential reactivation period, so I figured I'd post something now when I've still got something on my mind.

Why? Because I lost the spark, more or less. I wanted to take a break from the character for a week or so, but after that week, I wasn't feeling any more sparkly and spent another one not playing him... and then finally realized when it's gone, it's gone. A pity, because AlucardAlarith was fun to play.

Yeah, that's right, Alarith was inspired by the story of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and its hero, Alucard, the half-vampire son of Dracula. I realized I wanted to roll one of those brooding, dark heroes, though I twisted it around to more of an anti-hero who was well aware of how much evil he's doing, but from his POV everything was allowed to achieve his greater goal, even selling his own soul in exchange of power to reach said purpose.

Other than for the matching first two letters of the name, an aura of nobility (I hoped to get that across) and a curiously similar appearance, Alarith was improvised mostly on the run. Especially the strict honesty and disgust of turncoats and betrayers; he never ever lied to anyone, so if I said something, it was true. Sure, it may not have been the whole truth, though.

Well, enh. I'll quit rambling now.

Assorted farewells:
Eshval - I'll admit that I'm not exactly an Eshval fan but your religion lent itself so perfectly for the role that I decided to give it a go.
I was never quite sure if I was doing okay, but since I didn't get horribly mutilated, only slightly so, I figure I could've done worse. Thanks.

Kastellyn et al. - I killed quite a few people with that dagger. It might not have been as awesome as a quest skill or whatever, but it sure was memorable and fitting. Thanks to you (and all the other imms who returned the dagger to me when it got stuck somewhere) too.

Nep - I hate your goddamn tower. Luckily it started hating me back so I had no reason to go instakill myself there anymore. What was that Alarith-Nanorab thing you mentioned earlier?

Tribunals, Empire, Scions, Battle: I mostly got along with you apart from a few trigger-happy duergar shamans and deliciously prominent victims. I didn't really have any "friends" among you, but exchanged a few words here and there. Hunsobo, keep on trucking. Pesh, very helpful of you.

Outlanders: sure, I was killing Outlanders if given any excuse already, but trying to gank me outside the inn was the straw that broke the camel's back and I stopped pretending not to care. Heh. Good times.

Marans: it was fun terrorizing you guys. Zephon, Aithirmeis, other maran assassins... I couldn't terrorize you so I just had to go with the ruthless assault approach.

Nexus: backstabbing scum that I always meant to kill more than I did, but it was hard with you always having someone watching your back.

Heralds: even though I can't bring myself to play one anymore, I still have somewhat of a soft spot for people who do... well, at least the non-crazy ones. Siladhiele, Sokde, it was nice brooding with you around. Zaphoedrine, unfortunately you were crazy AND a ranger.

All the other rangers I killed: sorry. Alarith's point just was that you were all untrustworthy and sneaky savages that had to be put down ASAP.

Yeah, that was short, if you have something to add, please do.

P.S. nice work on the edges, imms. Some of my choices were a bit, shall we say, limited, but for free bonuses... not bad.

P.P.S. Did I mention I'm lazy? I also have no credit card, nor any reason to get one, so if someone can pick up the PBF, cheers.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood [View all] , Alarith (Guest), Wed 04-Apr-07 03:57 PM
Reply You sir are a ####er X2, Tallanalas (Guest), 07-Apr-07 09:34 PM, #14
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Bahiel (Guest), 07-Apr-07 05:07 PM, #13
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Eshval, 06-Apr-07 08:25 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Alarith (Guest), 08-Apr-07 03:33 PM, #17
Reply Alarith., Sokde (Guest), 05-Apr-07 05:24 PM, #10
Reply RE: Alarith., Alarith (Guest), 08-Apr-07 11:17 AM, #15
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Daevryn, 05-Apr-07 12:18 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Eulinda (Guest), 05-Apr-07 02:02 PM, #4
Reply I've got lost, Dwoggurd, 05-Apr-07 03:47 PM, #5
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Alarith (Guest), 05-Apr-07 03:56 PM, #6
Reply Its safe to use 'ass-hole', Nano (Guest), 08-Apr-07 02:52 PM, #16
Reply By the gods, man!, bugboy, 05-Apr-07 09:03 AM, #2
Reply RE: By the gods, man!, Alarith (Guest), 05-Apr-07 04:07 PM, #7
     Reply RE: By the gods, man!, Meora (Guest), 06-Apr-07 04:41 PM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Siladhiele (Guest), 05-Apr-07 08:14 AM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Alarith (Guest), 05-Apr-07 04:21 PM, #8
          Reply RE: (DELETED) Alarith of Faramwood, Siladhiele (Guest), 05-Apr-07 04:51 PM, #9
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57035 Previous topic | Next topic