Subject: "RE: I wasn't expecting anything specific per se" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45393
Show all folders

nepentheSun 05-Feb-06 12:48 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#45473, "RE: I wasn't expecting anything specific per se"

You have a tendency to take offense where no one's meaning it. (Exhibit A: Valg-subthread above where it's pretty obvious to me he's talking about different-IC-language characters in a general sense and you seem to think he's trashing your character.) That being said, I'm going to ask you to read this post carefully about three times before getting surly.

I'll start by saying that this is the best character from you yet by a wide margin, and I have high hopes you'll continue to see such big improvements from character to character.

That said, this whole self-pity rant isn't particularly winning. You're basically complaining that you got to achieve a lot early in your character's life. Do you think you'd be happier if you had deleted at 300 hours still a Scribe or still waiting to get inducted into your cabal? I don't.

Did you waste 170 hours of your life? Only if the journey wasn't fun. CF as a game isn't about what you achieve, it's about the fun you have playing. Nobody in 5 years will care how or when you got your last name. You probably won't even care. If you're lucky, you'll have some fun memories of playing.

RP, like so much of CF and life, is often about what you make happen. If you want RP, go out of your way to RP with people, get things started, and do. Be proactive. You have a somewhat passive/reactive style, and there's nothing wrong with that, except that it leaves you waiting for other people to come and create fun for you, and that's something you're clearly unsatisfied with.

Austira, from what I saw, was a solid effort and a solid Acolyte. Without question, in my mind, your best yet. Take that for what is and be happy with it. Was this a character I personally would have picked for a quest form, some custom quest interaction, or cabal leadership? I would say no. These are standards you have yet to rise to, in my mind. The good news is, if you don't wallow in self-pity too much and continue make great strides of improvement with each character, you will get there if you want to.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(Deleted)[Fortress] Austira Eldhwen... [View all] , Austira (Guest), Thu 02-Feb-06 06:17 PM
Reply RE: (Deleted)[Fortress] Austira Eldhwen..., Grunlath (Guest), 02-Feb-06 02:35 AM, #15
Reply Yeah, when it was just me vs god knows how many(its coo..., Austira (Guest), 02-Feb-06 12:46 PM, #17
Reply RE: (Deleted)[Fortress] Austira Eldhwen..., Alidove (Guest), 01-Feb-06 06:40 PM, #13
Reply Smelly fela!!! Not felar!!!, Austira (Guest), 02-Feb-06 12:44 PM, #16
Reply RE: (Deleted)[Fortress] Austira Eldhwen..., Thakhad (Guest), 01-Feb-06 01:07 PM, #9
Reply RE: (Deleted)[Fortress] Austira Eldhwen..., Austira (Guest), 01-Feb-06 01:14 PM, #10
Reply Bah I will miss you, xorvant (Guest), 01-Feb-06 12:18 PM, #4
Reply Unfortunately, I remember talking to you...but not what..., Austira (Guest), 01-Feb-06 12:27 PM, #5
Reply So it was you then., Endalion (Guest), 01-Feb-06 10:08 AM, #3
Reply Hmm..., Austira (Guest), 01-Feb-06 12:31 PM, #6
     Reply Heh. I tend to return to shifter class too., DurNominator, 01-Feb-06 04:56 PM, #11
          Reply I was pretty hard core with the felar speech..., Austira (Guest), 01-Feb-06 05:05 PM, #14
               Reply Flavour. Don't convey messages with obscure made up lan..., DurNominator, 01-Feb-06 06:20 PM, #12
               Reply Except:, Valguarnera, 01-Feb-06 07:56 PM, #20
                    Reply I didn't expect anyone to memorize it..., Austira (Guest), 02-Feb-06 12:48 PM, #18
                    Reply And please do know the character before posting..., Austira (Guest), 02-Feb-06 04:14 PM, #19
                         Reply I understood you fine., Erivoran (Guest), 03-Feb-06 01:55 PM, #21
                              Reply I am not angry at any of the players actually..., Austira (Guest), 03-Feb-06 01:58 PM, #22
                                   Reply I thought you portrayed a perfect Felar., Bjurn (Guest), 03-Feb-06 03:26 PM, #23
                                        Reply Thanks man.., Austira (Guest), 04-Feb-06 01:34 PM, #24
                                        Reply Out of curiousity, nepenthe, 04-Feb-06 01:46 PM, #25
                                             Reply I wasn't expecting anything specific per se, Austira (Guest), 04-Feb-06 01:58 PM, #26
                                                  Reply The only thing that I didn't like about this character ..., Bjurn (Guest), 04-Feb-06 07:15 PM, #27
                                                  Reply RE: I wasn't expecting anything specific per se, nepenthe, 05-Feb-06 12:48 AM #29
                                                       Reply No, no not that..., Austira (Guest), 05-Feb-06 09:57 PM, #30
                                        Reply And I meant ..., Bjurn (Guest), 04-Feb-06 07:20 PM, #28
Reply You're wrong!, Gnedden (Guest), 01-Feb-06 09:08 AM, #2
Reply I Do apologize, if I forgot who you are..., Austira (Guest), 01-Feb-06 12:35 PM, #8
Reply RE: (Deleted)[Fortress] Austira Eldhwen..., Karel, 01-Feb-06 03:10 AM, #1
     Reply It all went downhill after Rialnis deleted, honestly..., Austira (Guest), 01-Feb-06 12:33 PM, #7
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #45393 Previous topic | Next topic