Subject: "Bah!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33842
Show all folders

Khard (Guest)Wed 05-Jan-05 09:57 PM

#33854, "Bah!"

Thats what Khard says when he dies.

Well, guess to start from the beginning. Don't exactly know why, but started out with a dwarf named Khard. Knew he was going to be a battlerager (its in me blood, me swears) but didn't exactly know how to get him there like all the other cookie cutter ragers. So sort of made it a quest from his deceased king to become a villager and find a way to wipe out the evil that invaded his homeland. Mind you, its not magic that took his homeland, something else.

As for specs, I remember reading on these forums once that someone would just like to see a dwarf/giant/elf and nothing exotic. Got to thinking on that, so I thought, what the hell. Ain't nothing more dwarf like than a dwarf using axes and maces. Also, gave a lot of people grief about not having dwarf like specs, using "pigstickers" or "pigpokers" instead of axes/maces. Also along these lines of playing a dwarf, I figured I may as well use forge, and forge a lot of weapons I did. My favorite one that I forged was a certain sword for Xaden that topped out at +10 Dam or above.

Axe spec dwarf is almost unstoppable at 20-40. Lost a couple of fights but learned a lot from those few times I died. Learned that if you fight a dagger spec, you better be prepared (ie lots and lots of plus str) and know when to flee from a spear spec after he has you impaled so that you don't die from the bleeding. Mace spec was allright, was really good for ranking. Also good against shifters as well. No complaints on either.

Legacy wise, on the otherhand, I was kind of dissappointed. Ward of blades didn't seem to help my tanking against mobs at all, but on the otherhand, I remember tanking Graanaak for 10+ rounds of combat, and still getting away. Incindary wave works great for ranking, but I wasn't too impressed with it when I was fighting. Guess I just started to not take notice when it was going off and stuff. I also thing I needed to do some other things in order to get both these legacy's to work better, but didn't take the time to do it.

One of the biggest problem being an axe/mace spec is the inability to tank mobs. I told most people when I grouped with them, "Me tanks bout like a rock floatin in waer!" Also, not being able to tank when it comes to the imperial council mobs made it really tough for me to raid. In fact, I tried once, and had to quit after about an hour of going in, working on them, and fleeing to rest. It also made it difficult killing some mobs for equipment, but surely but slowly.

One last thing, Khard was a blast to play. Had lots of fun interacting with eveyone and anyone, and it always seemed that I had something to do. Not once do I remember being bored with Khard, which I think helped me keep intrest in him.

Goodbyes:

Immortals: My thanks for keeping up with the game. Been playing for a while, and love every moment of it.

Kastellyn: Didn't see too much of you, but know your there somewhere.

Ordasen: Glad you gave me the title, made swollowing not getting more con all the better. Seen you quite a bit, and was glad. Overall, you and Kastellyn are doing a good job with the village in my mind, contrary to what some people seem to be saying.

Muuloc: Fought you a few times before you immorted, though I don't think you ever died. Was lots of fun.

Mortals:

Village: If I am forgetting anyone here, just post and Ill let you know what I thought.

Iborenn: Loved giving you crap in Khard's younger days for being a drow in the village. Was lots of fun doing anything with you. Even picking the fights like you did, and the exploring as well. Even though that exploring more than likely got me killed

Acaga: After you died, thought that I better step up to help repalce you. One hell of a berserker, learned a lot from you about the village and being a berserker in general.

Glaurthran: Fun running around with you. Dagger specs are still really nasty.

Karashin: Also lots of fun running with you. Sorry I could not protect you better when Wungar came that one time on the mount, and glad to have helped you like I did with the armor on the other time.

Alathin: Good bard, helped keep me in line. Keep up the good work.

The other villager, there were quite a few. My apologies....

Scion: One thing you could count on, it was a good fight from any scion. You guys all seem to have A/B/S and you all know what you are doing. Lots of fun.

Fort: Pissed a few of you off, had some good friends amongst you. Also killed a couple of you as well.

Empire: What happened there at the end? Hell, was getting to the point that I was fighting more fort people than empire, a total switch from when I first was a villager. Various high prest shamans, had lots of fun fighting you all. Various warriors, not too many survived me, I think. Tyranious was one to note, always coming after me alone.

Outlanders: Helped you guys out once, and got it so that it seemed that you were not going to hunt me anymore. Then BAM! out of the blue one of you comes and swoops down, and attacks me. Was king of annoyed about that, but I should have expected it. Killed a few of you, ran with a few of you. Ran away from a few of you also.

Cathoria: Skilled warrior who knew what they were doing.

Tribbies: Only one worth mentioning here, and he posted below. Otherwise, lots of fun fighting you all, and still somehow surving.

Hlaqyiobt: Thanks for all the fun times ranking. I don't think I ever would have gotten anywhere without you there tanking all those mobs. Was fun, hope your dragon hunting is going well enough.

Thats it. Post, and Ill try to reply.

Khard/Krathrael/Kraethal/Cylandrael/Cylandrex and a whole bunch of others.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Khard the Legend of the Battlefield... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 05-Jan-05 12:12 PM
Reply Bah!, Khard (Guest), 05-Jan-05 09:57 PM #6
Reply Good job, Granaak (Guest), 06-Jan-05 12:48 AM, #7
Reply RE: Good job, Khard (Guest), 06-Jan-05 03:13 AM, #10
Reply RE: Bah!, wungar (Guest), 06-Jan-05 01:50 AM, #8
Reply RE: Bah!, Khard (Guest), 06-Jan-05 03:11 AM, #9
Reply Good rager, Muuloc, 06-Jan-05 10:54 PM, #11
Reply RE: Good rager, Khard (Guest), 10-Jan-05 12:29 AM, #14
Reply The thing I loved about Khard..., Jurt (Guest), 06-Jan-05 11:31 PM, #12
Reply I think it would have been something like this...., Khard (Guest), 10-Jan-05 12:32 AM, #15
Reply Rather liked khard., Bajula, 08-Jan-05 03:33 AM, #13
Reply Heh, I'll defenitly miss having a good berserker like y..., Iborenn (Guest), 05-Jan-05 05:53 PM, #5
Reply RE: Heh, I'll defenitly miss having a good berserker li..., Khard (Guest), 10-Jan-05 12:35 AM, #16
Reply Damn!, Glaurthran (Guest), 05-Jan-05 05:32 PM, #4
Reply You were a brave fighter., Agantas (Guest), 05-Jan-05 01:01 PM, #3
Reply Sorry noone else was there to see you off., Brahamanuh (Guest), 05-Jan-05 12:45 PM, #2
Reply Good dwarf, great fighter., Karashin (Guest), 05-Jan-05 12:16 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #33842 Previous topic | Next topic