Subject: "Okay I admit that was fun." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21137
Show all folders

BajulaThu 11-Sep-03 08:18 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
929 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21142, "Okay I admit that was fun."

2nd hero, first caballed (even if just a squire and not full maran)
To pat myself on the back for persistence: First mage I didn't delete at level 4 or 5 out of frustration. There are some awesome things they can do, but for me they are just ... well not for me.

Here is what prompted this character:

No animal hides in shame for being itself. No tree bends to the opinion of others. No wind avoids the granite face before it. Only human beings cultivate ways in which to fawn or cower before one another, and all for the sake of winning nothing but a fleeting feeling that for their cunning they have made it through one more day.
-- Guy Finley

At the beginning of the 'new' empire, and before Vynmylak's moving to India (Where they do have isp's ya know.. Hint. Hint.)

I thought: Hrm piles of imperials, Let's see if we can get someone into the fortress then. Now what would be one of the odder things to see.
Hence the female elven tranny.

By the time i learned how to use the character (Thanks a million Vorondel your advice was right on the money)
it was too late. I fell prey to what i thought was a stroke (scared the piss outta me) but was something like bell's palsy.
Luckily they tell me it is temporary. The left side of my face is still numb, and my arm is well like it's tingling after you lay on it too long. but at first it was just like a stroke to about the middle of my chest. cure = rest, steroids, rest insanely high doses of a specific form of b12 (methylcobalamin) helps re-grow nerve tissue. I didn't think anything did that. but cool to know.

The universe's way of telling me to friggin relax I guess.
For timing, note when I started using capital letters. My gf same one who hates this game let me use her laptop while I recouperate
(working shift keys included) Ain't she a dear? But one-handed (at first) is not the way to play cf. I did do a massive number of new aliases though. Hehe. That helped. I should probably take a break from cf, but TV is soooo boring.
Pathetic excuse is just to let certain people know what happened at the end there. (Sevarcan, yup i was slow that day hehe. I'm a little better now but they say it will take as much as a year to recover fully.)

On to goodbyes

First to everyone, as much as I hate playing a support character. Ye gods I had a blast. Most fun I have had in a long time, even getting my ass handed to me more often than Dimion did.

Imms
Thrak even when you are talking to a goodie you are pretty cool. I 'felt' gurgudu coming when I was talkin' to ya. and went invisible just in time. I should have stayed that way, but it sure was funny.

Rogardian: Well captain.. Guess I'll save ya for the fortress part of this considering it was hard enough to think of you as a god anyway. I kept stopping myself from asking things like 'if ya see so and so lemme know.'

Whoever gave me the xp bonus in the academy for role and desc, Big ol thanks there. Thats is what kept me playing this character long after i would have deleted it otherwise.

Ghuljun: Damn you for immorting. I worked the hell out of 'disrupt bone' just for you. got to hit you with it just once.

the imp: had me laughing so hard i spilled my beer.

dark voice: the non evil rager is the one who aced me and the one ky was chasing. glad ya didn't bolt me like the others. then again van had respect for gods be they evil or not. she'd state her case but not be belligerent. she wasn't about to talk smack.

Don't think I interacted with any other Imms.

Mortals:
Whew, umm just because I forget ya doesn't mean you weren't memorable, there's just so many people.

Fortress:
Killer fun, never boring. There was only one thing I had trouble with:
this char would have thrown herself against a horde of imperials or scion over and over til con death.(it was to be part of her nature if she ever got into the brigade.. ) BUT the moment I got into the fortress hide, stay safe. etc.. etc.. now IC grumble grumble etc. but since everyone was 'above' her from her point of view she listened.
well i'd blow off certain things from acolytes no offense there, I just assume (ic'ly) that y'all were too 'peaceful' to understand certain things i had to do.

For those who hate the fort and call out against actions taken by them that are 'dishonorable' If it was just IC cool. even makes sense.
OOC :'bite me' In most cases it's part of the job.
Now I'll admit the MARAN walk the edge between light and dark actions, but I thought we were supposed to. (some acolytes did this too, Heh, all I can say is you shoulda been brigade Van appreciated every time ya did it, just wasn't sure you were supposed to be doing it.

Obaz, Veth with either of you I could be pretty scary esp. after Izzy died. None of y'all feared that healer but me. I never worried about the thieves like y'all (after talking with Vorondel)*
*y'all being the fortress members not you two specifically

Lariya & Jaedren, best thing I could do for you is slow ya. and marshall the dirt thing works well.

Gwyyth, I'm pretty sure i have known some of your other bards. *wink*
much fun much fun.

Kyrissa: zooooooooom.. I loved following ya. most viscious of the dawnie's that I saw hehe.

Paumer, Raun, fun ranking in the younger days, didn't see ya much later.
Rhual mean an tough.

Loth(could never spell it right) ever notice how long it took me to fix your eyes? A) don't post your goodbye less ya mean it.
B)glad ya came back in. I liked when you were in the 'we just got our asses handed to us, they outnumber us, we had no clothes, let's go get the orb' mode.

Karth 'damn that extra h' horne I loved speelling ya up and watching you go.

Gorthalon fun fun. had a blast. yer pretty mean for a dawnie too.

Gudd, such a poet. you were great. sorry to burn up your mind the other day hehe. say heal me? say aura? vethna says heal? vethna says 'aura?'

Murzik sorry I could never keep up with the spells for ya. Mostly sorry for missing the wording of ya at the chasm that day. I got it off as ya fled. Then was too late scanning for ya and getting there.

Vorondel well what can I say. that 7% I got there that was all you.

Jirash sneaky sneaky. wish our playing times had coincided better. After Rogardian though It was hard to think of you as captain.

Erenthell well you were an inspiration for van, way way back.

Karun think i said it all already in your goodbye. thanks for the talks real growth for the character in it.

Buncha folks I am probably forgetting. sorry don't mean to.

Rogardian: Well well what can I say. I summed it up in a note ic as I was fading. I was the hard drinking foul-mouthed elven mage and never knew how that sat with ya. I think you acted more the elf and i more the dwarf there, and thought that was great.

Prior to this I was playing alot of fighter types, helluva change for me there. Next time I play a Maran I'm gonna do it with something I already know how to 'use'
I knew I had one death left. and purposely logged in when I knew there would likely be a lot of imperials, an none of the fortress.
Just wish I could have gotten the orb back before dying. or in the process. that would have been a cool way to go out.

Scion: Zaknafir(sp?) I really wanted to catch ya once I could harm you
to get back at you for Murzik. I hear Transmuters can be pretty hard on other mages, never got to try it.

Battle:
ozlif. sorry there, all i knew was you were beating up on a friend. when i was told you walked in the light i was shocked though.

zsomeunpronounceablething. the tick hit right after you knifed my throat, so i could cast again. that's how it happened.
These two and hell everyone else in battle i fought
here's how it went: you yell help...you have been killed. they coulda just skipped all the red stuff in the middle.

sylvan:
Van really liked all of you. I'm getting tired and can't spell half your names so i apologize for not doing this right.
the e invoker and bard. no offense intended, i just thought i'd throw my hand in anywhere I could aid when you went against my enemies.
the c druid, and that A something storm fella (who i think just deleted?) y'all were much fun too.

nexus: kinda steered clear of ya. figure I didn't need to either piss ya off or drag you into something you needn't be doing.

warlock: Liked all of y'all I met.
thanks for all the shielding etc..

Herald: i was never sure who was one of y'all or not. i didn't hang out in the inn much.

Empire:
oooh you dastardly fellas.
I know i forgot many of you :0
so i'll highlight.
as a whole how the hell did ya time it? every time my defenses start falling you guys would pop out of the woodwork. I can't count how many times i died to
say some random thing in a conversation with someo.. you yell help (backspace like mad) you have been killed.
I was never much of a 'prepper' did start doing some towards the end there, but it still 'feels' cheap.
shez, yan, and other thiefly fellas. once I figured some things out I didn't sweat y'all unless you were with someone who could summon. then I just figured I was dead.

grrhanr I can't count the times you killed me. The time I let ya by thinking of all the 'stay safe' advice I had been handed, I got a 'dressing down' from Rogardian. from which came the learning to pk phase of this character's life. so you sparked it. Vorondel just told me how to pull it off. The 7% doesn't reflect how many people i jacked up so bad they couldn't fight off the other fella who ate them alive. so thanks! j/k I would have liked to talk more. Van was always interested in the 'why's' of her enemies.
you just barely missed being the one to take me out for good.
I was almost to hamash when I popped out to renew my 'flatness' and you had logged off.

izzy: you strategist you.. everytime I popped out you and I'm pretty sure you had anyone with you if you could get away with telling them to, redirected on me. good choice, or I'd have maledicted the crap outta you and whoever with ya. I missed our 'battle of faith'.

Isengrim: what can i say. you and yan together are a killing machine.

wuntarro sorry would have loved to banter with ya yeling the other day, but this typing thing doesn't go so well right now.

Zhenzar OOC I liked ya. you had an interesting way of doing things.
IC grrrrr. nice talk at the end there. I always respected your char.

Tribs exousia grrrrrr...
cerath<sp?> ozlif took me out a few more times i think after i jumped in for ya that day

uncaballed or folk i didn't know were caballed.
Huomdrest. Thanks for all the clothes. you rocked.
Benvale (maybe was herald?) my old bud who passed me up like greased lightning. I remember when I was the one helping YOU out.
tcatma you should be a maran.
the ksomething shaman guy. that was fun.
everyone I cast spells on before grouping with.. sorry was still figuring this junk out.
elssomething the bard *wink* don't you forget that song now.

umm who else,

amitofo, you bastard
Drialger, said it in your goodbye i think.

Aersomething? bard empire friendly. okay jacked, slept by the necro, knockout poison, and you start singing sleep? trust me enough was enough, without plague, just poison y'all could have walked away and i'd have died before waking up.

I know there are about a hundred people I am forgetting and I am sorry for that. Just holler to remind me if you deem it worth it.

Worst thing about transmuters: they can't tank well anything. if you con it and it says you can kill it with your little finger, get someone to sanc you before taking it on.
Best thing: duo which would be over powered except for the massive lag on it and not able to effectively use where, where pk, who pk etc..
need to go to the bathroom? c duo grab a beer? c duo
wooo hooo!
now i have all these bad habits from duo so my next fighter type will die all over the place. spamming directions is one of them.

Okay brain is fried now I have been pecking at this for about 4 hours (yikes.) I'd better cut it from here and paste it in something else so I don't lose it if I try to post.

Vanadulin
once Dimion

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Vanadulin the High Wizard of the ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 11-Sep-03 04:20 AM
Reply Huh?, Benvale (Guest), 12-Sep-03 05:02 PM, #18
Reply RE: Huh?, Bajula, 12-Sep-03 07:00 PM, #24
     Reply Thanks for reminding me never to even try playing a tra..., Benvale (Guest), 13-Sep-03 06:38 AM, #27
     Reply The pk thingy..., Benvale (Guest), 13-Sep-03 07:09 AM, #28
Reply Okay I admit that was fun., Bajula, 11-Sep-03 08:18 AM #3
Reply Best of luck on the next, Huomdrest (Guest), 11-Sep-03 08:48 AM, #4
Reply Gotta do something about goodbyes then :), Bajula, 12-Sep-03 03:21 PM, #13
     Reply goodbyes, Huomdrest (Guest), 12-Sep-03 03:35 PM, #15
          Reply RE: goodbyes, Bajula, 12-Sep-03 06:48 PM, #23
Reply Nice one, Denzibah (Guest), 11-Sep-03 09:50 AM, #5
Reply RE: Nice one, Bajula, 12-Sep-03 03:26 PM, #14
Reply Now, just don't tell me you..., Ksomething (Guest), 11-Sep-03 10:37 AM, #6
Reply RE: Now, just don't tell me you..., Bajula, 12-Sep-03 04:55 PM, #16
Reply Forgot Sevarcan! sorry man. oh and a couple more empire..., Bajula, 11-Sep-03 12:10 PM, #7
Reply RE: Another transmuter. Swell., Sevarecan (Guest), 11-Sep-03 05:28 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Another transmuter. Swell., Bajula, 12-Sep-03 05:01 PM, #17
Reply Doh!, Tcatama (Guest), 11-Sep-03 03:17 PM, #8
Reply RE: Doh!, Bajula, 12-Sep-03 05:03 PM, #19
Reply RE: Okay I admit that was fun., Rogardian, 12-Sep-03 09:58 AM, #10
Reply RE: Okay I admit that was fun., Bajula, 12-Sep-03 06:10 PM, #20
Reply RE: Okay I admit that was fun., Jirash (Guest), 12-Sep-03 11:15 AM, #11
Reply hahaha, Bajula, 12-Sep-03 06:26 PM, #21
Reply damn it, why didnt you tell me about that thing, karthhorne (Guest), 12-Sep-03 12:29 PM, #12
Reply RE: damn it, why didnt you tell me about that thing, Bajula, 12-Sep-03 06:45 PM, #22
Reply RE: Okay I admit that was fun., Guddo (Guest), 14-Sep-03 06:52 PM, #29
Reply fracklefriggl$%# you!, Bajula, 14-Sep-03 09:14 PM, #30
Reply Farewell Vanadulin, Vorondel (Guest), 15-Sep-03 03:25 PM, #31
     Reply Thanks Cardinal, Bajula, 16-Sep-03 02:38 AM, #32
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Vanadulin the High Wizard of ..., Zhenzar (Guest), 11-Sep-03 04:51 AM, #2
Reply Thanks, Bajula, 12-Sep-03 07:04 PM, #25
Reply Nothing but respect to you.., Gwy (Guest), 11-Sep-03 04:45 AM, #1
     Reply awwww shucks Gwyyth., Bajula, 12-Sep-03 07:08 PM, #26
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21137 Previous topic | Next topic