Subject: "[DELETE] FORTRESS Ardyana, Queen of the forest" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21117
Show all folders

Ardyana (Guest)Wed 10-Sep-03 12:22 PM

#21117, "[DELETE] FORTRESS Ardyana, Queen of the forest"

Well, I know she wasn't a hero and probably a lot of you don't care that she's gone, but there were some people that I roleplayed or interacted with that I'd like to thank and to mention here in her goodbye.

Ardyana became so difficult to play with and to keep alive and rank that I just got really tired of playing her, although I did enjoy developing her role concept. I used her to explore quite a lot in her teens and learned to find my way around a little better. I still have a LONG way to go to learn the lands but this character has helped some in that regard. Elf/Ranger/Fortress Scribe was a hard comnbo to do. I was hidden so much of the time and couldn't interact with other fortress people as much as I would have liked to. I also found ranking very hard to do because I often could not find groupmates. After 177 hours and still being at level 33 and her con already down to 12, it just became tedious.

Her role:

Ardyana was descended from the third noble house of Darsylon and was a cousin to the princess. When she was 10 seasons old her family fled from Darsylon during an invasion of drow Imperialists. They travelled to the southern continent to seek refuge among their jade cousins. Sadly, the refugees were overtaken in the forest by Imperial scouts and the whole family was massacared. Ardyana was saved only because her mother had pushed her into a thorn bush and had strictly warned her to stay hidden and keep silent.

The little elf girl closed her eyes and covered her ears to shut out the screams of her family as they were being tortured and slain. She emerged from her hiding place the following day and walked numbly away from the destroyed camp and the remains of her loved ones. She wandered for days in the forest and lived off the berries and whatever else she could find to eat, finally falling into an exhausted deep sleep. She was discovered by a jade elf hunting party and was adopted by the leader of the party and welcomed warmly into his home.

Ardyana's adoptive mother taught her who she really was and tried to teach her to be dignified and refined as a noble-born should be, but it didn't ever seem to take. As a child, Ardyana loved playing with her brothers, hunting, fishing, camping, and exploring. She spent much of her childhood helping with the herding of the goats and sheep. She loved to wrestle and could best many of the boys at it and she loved archery. To her mother's chagrin, Ardyana's language was influenced by the rough huntsmen that she often went camping and hunting with and she could curse and spit with the best of them. In reality Ardyana was very pretty, but she was very self-concious about one thing, her freckles, which she felt made her ugly.

When she came of age, Ardyana decided to visit her place of birth and see what her her home city of Darsylon was like. She set out to travel to Darsylon, but had to flee from Imperialists and so found herself traveling northward and eventually found the plains of Udgaard. There she stayed for many months living off the land and sneaking into Udgaard occasionally for a few supplies. She was extremely lonely though and missed the companionship of other humanoids.

One day as she wandered the plains, she came upon a beautiful white unicorn. The unicorn spoke to her mind and became her spirit guide. She named the unicorn Nimras (meaning white horn in her native tongue). The unicorn guided her by teaching her of the path of the Light, told her stories of past heroes, and especially about the gods of the Light. He told her of Lady Bria and Lord Shokai and also told her of the Fortress of Light. His stories were so inspiring that Ardyana became filled with a desire to help spread the Light and protect others who walked in that path.

Goodbyes:

IMMS: Always a pleasure to play this game! You make Carrion Fields a good place to have fun. I enjoyed what little interaction we had. Azuranda, you were fun as always.

Corthy: You helped Ardyana a lot when she was very young by giving her directions and guidance through new areas she had never been to before. I appreciate all your help.

Vorondel: I loved interviewing with you and was really glad you allowed Ardyana to join the Fortress. I just wish she could have been more effective in defending it. I felt frustrated that all she could really do was give the Maran herbs once in a while. Although she did try to stop the Imperials a few times, she usually died to them, unless she had a lot of healing backup.

Jaedren: Ardyana fell in love with you not long after she first met you, but didn't ever tell you until you were with Cersai. She loved it when you would call her Princess and always felt good when you would pay some attention to her. She became very jealous when you fell in love with Cersai, which you later found out. Eventually she accepted the fact that you were nothing more than a good friend and was grateful for the friendship both you and Cersai offered her.

Ruan: You are the reason I kept Ardyana alive as long as I did. The roleplay with you was a lot of fun. I haven't seen you around in a while though, so I decided not to prolong the inevitable any longer. Ardyana was always very impressed with your humble attitude, willingness to admit mistakes, and of course, your undying devotion to her.

Kasender: As I said in your farewell, you were one of my best ranking buddies. Thanks for offering to go with me as often as you did.

Vethna: We did some ranking and rp too. You're very good and I hope you keep the Fort on its toes.

Helio: I'm still wondering what it was you had in mind for Ardyana.

Sarkarian: You were a great big brother and fun to wrestle with...WHERE DID YOU GO?

Jerelt: While I was playing around with the waylay command...just learning how to use it. I typed "waylay Jerelt" and then, not two seconds later, you walked into the room with two or three other Imperials all coming to raid, all of whom were in my pk range. I was dead really quick

Verisla: I had a very bad feeling about you both OOC and IC after what you did in Darsylon to Ardyana. VERY opportunistic and a lousy way to play in my opinion. But do what whatever you have do to win at PK I guess. What bothered me more than the kill was the fact that you said I would do the same to you given the opportunity. You are totally wrong on that score, buddy. Ardyana was a Scribe, not a MARAN and she would never have taken advantage of a situation like that, but then I guess an Imperial would. If that was your roleplay great, but if it was just to get a cheap kill, well you got it and it wasn't much fun for me, maybe it was for you.

I learned a lot about the Ranger class, but I don't think I want to play an elf again. At least not until I have many more hours of free time to put into ranking. I'm currently playing another character that I'm having a lot more fun with than I did with Ardyana and I prefer playing only one at a time. That's why the delete became inevitable.

CYA in the fields,
Ardyana aka Sylvrin aka Xandrya

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic[DELETE] FORTRESS Ardyana, Queen of the forest [View all] , Ardyana (Guest), Wed 10-Sep-03 12:22 PM
Reply *wave*, Vorondel (Guest), 10-Sep-03 05:30 PM, #6
Reply Well, Ardyana (Guest), 10-Sep-03 05:49 PM, #7
Reply RE: [DELETE] FORTRESS Ardyana, Queen of the forest, Kas (Guest), 10-Sep-03 03:22 PM, #4
Reply RE: [DELETE] FORTRESS Ardyana, Queen of the forest, Tempranger (Guest), 10-Sep-03 02:51 PM, #2
Reply Good points., Nivek1, 10-Sep-03 02:55 PM, #3
     Reply To clarify some of this a bit..., Ardyana (Guest), 10-Sep-03 04:42 PM, #5
Reply RE: [DELETE] FORTRESS Ardyana, Queen of the forest, FriendFoe (Guest), 10-Sep-03 12:46 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21117 Previous topic | Next topic