Subject: "(DEL) Sandoria the Grand Mistress of Shapeshifting" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16978
Show all folders

UlthurSat 19-Apr-03 06:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16978, "(DEL) Sandoria the Grand Mistress of Shapeshifting"

Well, my first ever mage above level 30-something. I'm a cleric type, with the occasional warrior type thrown in. This character was rather flat... there was nothing interesting about her what so ever. Wanted to delete a while ago so I could focus on my new idea, but I just couldn't delete a character with that nice a gear, so I decided to play till I died and lost it all. It took forever! Finally died to Mufasaw, Apla, and Shazelyx when I jumped them at the volcano... you guys lagged me out the entire fight between pebble, cranial and misdirect. Yeesh! Lucky I didn't catch you while you were on a storm giant. Never underestimate the power of LAG!

This character was really rolled as more of a time-filler, but human mages can hero REALLY fast, and I flew my way up. Going for the Fortress was in my role, but I didn't play on actually doing it. A good opportunity came up though, so I did. What the hell is with all the shifters?! I was on once and there were 7 shifters in hero range. Oh well. My biggest gripe by far is that shifter fights are BORING. flyto;murder;jaguar;bite;bite;bite. Not for me.

My forms were golden jaguar and osprey. Osprey seemed to kick some ass as far as air forms go, while the jaguar... didn't. The jaguar grew on me a little bit after I used it for a while, but it's still pretty darn inferior to the other major offense forms, as far as damage goes. And guess what... most people pick offense because they want to do damage It was certainly nice several times to be able to dodge though... having spent time with a few lions, those things get lit up comapred to the jaguar. The stackable bite for bleeding and strength loss was the biggest plus, really. I only ever used forestblend to hide from people, and I don't think I ever ambushed anything other than a mob or two. My pk ratio was 56%... not bad I guess, for my first ever mage. Wands were one of my biggest frustrations... you can find sources, but they're never freaking there! I did have luck finding shield wands usually, and there at the end I found some aura. (thanks Ylare!) Never did manage to find any barrier.

Anyway, poor Sandoria had big shoes to fill, and her feet were too small. Hopefully now I can really get into my next character. Thanks to everyone I interacted with - I'm going to skip all the individual goodbyes for now, since I've got to hit the highway for the weekend. If I think of it when I get back, I'll post some.

Ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Sandoria the Grand Mistress of Shapeshifting [View all] , Ulthur, Sat 19-Apr-03 06:48 PM
Reply RE: (DEL) Sandoria the Grand Mistress of Shapeshifting, Fahnrore, 21-Apr-03 06:41 PM, #10
Reply Ugh, Jhanderin (Guest), 21-Apr-03 03:25 PM, #9
Reply Some individual mentions, Ulthur, 21-Apr-03 09:02 AM, #8
Reply Cya, Elrys (Guest), 22-Apr-03 10:16 AM, #11
Reply Liked your RP., Shadowmaster, 20-Apr-03 08:59 PM, #4
Reply Your uninduction and Tribunals, Ulthur, 21-Apr-03 08:31 AM, #5
Reply Good riddence!, Sakard (Guest), 20-Apr-03 12:58 PM, #3
Reply RE: Good riddence!, Ulthur, 21-Apr-03 08:35 AM, #6
Reply It was fun flapping around with you., Briessa (Guest), 20-Apr-03 09:32 AM, #2
Reply RE: It was fun flapping around with you., Ulthur, 21-Apr-03 08:38 AM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Sandoria the Grand Mistress of Shapeshifting, Vashka, 19-Apr-03 07:52 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #16978 Previous topic | Next topic