Subject: "On laws. (longish)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15548
Show all folders

UlthurMon 24-Feb-03 09:14 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
44 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15567, "On laws. (longish)"

First, thank you for backhanded compliments.

Sorry, they weren't meant to come across as backhanded. It was supposed to be a compliment, then a seperate complaint.

It's not the Spire raiding the Fortress. And it certainly was never anyone taking the maran hammer, or later orb. It was going after an individual who was seeking sanctuary in a place. Once someone decides to get flagged - and please agree with me that it's the criminal's decision, nobody forces someone to break the law - then they have decided to put themselves in the position of being hunted if there is a Vindicator or Justiciar in the game. They know what's going to happen. If they choose to bring their cabal mates and guardians in, that's their choice. I, as a player, don't say whether that is right or wrong, it's a choice the character needs to make. But you can't blame the tribbies for doing their job. It would be like saying "You can hunt evil, but not in their cabal."

Let me see if I can clarify. There is a big difference between raiding Tribunal, and raiding anyone else. You say to agree with you that it's the criminal's decision to get flagged. This is true, in the same way that it's an evil persons decision to be evil. Nobody forces them to be evil, and they put themselves in the position of being hunted if there is a Maran in the game. The difference is not something you can justify complaining about IC, it is simply frustrating to me as a player. Being flagged is a death warrent, no matter the character. Maybe not right away, and maybe some few classes (healers) are better suited to keeping flags for long periods of time, but eventually it is. As a Maran Shokai follower, I have to watch you raid the Fortress, then I'm in a bad spot. From my characters standpoint, ofcourse, I should just run in with the troops and hunt an evil tribunal down. From a player standpoint, that means I, and everyone with me, has to die every time I want to do that. It seems like they're saying the roleplay of a Tribunal is more valid than any other roleplay, by setting up additional punishments for trying to strike at a Tribunal in the Spire. However, I think that would be acceptable, IF Tribunals were not allowed to raid into other cabals. Otherwise, it shouldn't be flaggable to strike at Tribunals in the Spire. That's the hypocricy. Keep in mind that I KNOW what it's like, I played an Arbiter for near 1800 hours. I didn't like the policy then, and I didn't like it before that, when I was playing Delyn and took the Knights to war with the Arbiters. I'm also fairly sure that this is all pointless, since the policy has been the same for as long as I've been playing, but there's my frustration. It was accented with Farnsworth, since you were evil and agressive. Hope the long ramble makes some sense.

As for lying, I think you are mistaken. I didn't really lie, almost never in fact... The only time you did attack me was when I was at either the inner or outer gaurdian, and you're allowed to do that.

I guess I was confused then... I heard several people report to me that you had threatened to take the orb if a criminal was within the Fortress, and figured that was a lie to further Farnsworth's ends. There was another instance as well, though I've completely forgotten the details now. As for raiding, I also didn't realise things were broken down that much. I also don't agree with it. If you're in the cabal, you're raiding, it doesn't matter if you're striking one of the guardians or not. You're saying if I attacked Farnsworth one south of the Watcher, I would have been flagged, but at the Watcher, I'm fine? That, with no disrespect meant toward you as a player, is crap also. Is that a Tribunal policy?

If you would like to reach me, it's ulthur88@yahoo.com

Ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 19-Feb-03 06:12 PM
Reply Coumadin, Farnsworth...enough (n/t), Zulghinlour, 21-Feb-03 12:48 AM, #28
Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, thedrunkard, 19-Feb-03 09:00 PM, #9
Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Farnsworth (Guest), 21-Feb-03 11:28 AM, #30
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, thedrunkard, 22-Feb-03 10:16 PM, #42
Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Farnsworth (Guest), 19-Feb-03 06:13 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Jesrelres (Guest), 19-Feb-03 06:29 PM, #2
     Reply Well well..., Dugruain, 19-Feb-03 06:43 PM, #3
     Reply I'm sure you don't remember me., Yuber (Guest), 19-Feb-03 06:46 PM, #4
     Reply Damn i hated you as a player, Anxor (Guest), 19-Feb-03 07:14 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Lightmage, 19-Feb-03 07:15 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Farnsworth (Guest), 21-Feb-03 11:31 AM, #31
     Reply Fantastic Job, Intronan, 19-Feb-03 07:36 PM, #7
     Reply Quick things I forgot, Farnsworth (Guest), 19-Feb-03 08:44 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Krivohan, 19-Feb-03 09:31 PM, #10
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Queesha (Guest), 19-Feb-03 09:56 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Bria, 19-Feb-03 10:29 PM, #12
     Reply Robert and Thomas, Almaola (Guest), 24-Feb-03 12:30 AM, #44
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, adrigon (Guest), 24-Feb-03 08:09 AM, #45
     Reply Hey man, well done, Yaofhil, 19-Feb-03 10:47 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Hey man, well done, Farnsworth (Guest), 21-Feb-03 11:34 AM, #32
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, BattleCharmed, 19-Feb-03 11:30 PM, #14
     Reply Damn, Graatch still kicking around? (n/t), Gabe, 19-Feb-03 11:37 PM, #15
     Reply Damn, you were Darmok too, and Loborguz, damn., Gre (Guest), 20-Feb-03 12:51 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Damn, you were Darmok too, and Loborguz, damn., Farnsworth (Guest), 21-Feb-03 11:40 AM, #33
     Reply Goodbye, Mr. Jones, Alnallander, 20-Feb-03 01:06 AM, #17
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Noldruk, 20-Feb-03 02:05 AM, #18
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Farnsworth (Guest), 21-Feb-03 11:43 AM, #34
     Reply Was there any reasoning behind...., curious (Guest), 20-Feb-03 02:20 AM, #19
     Reply RE: Was there any reasoning behind...., Farnsworth (Guest), 21-Feb-03 11:44 AM, #35
          Reply That was funny, Anith (Guest), 21-Feb-03 11:48 AM, #37
               Reply RE: That was funny, Enbuergo, 21-Feb-03 12:04 PM, #39
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Arehanah (Guest), 20-Feb-03 02:36 AM, #20
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Farnsworth (Guest), 21-Feb-03 11:46 AM, #36
          Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Arehanah (Guest), 21-Feb-03 11:50 AM, #38
     Reply A question, and a really long sentence, Abthalok (Guest), 20-Feb-03 02:55 AM, #21
     Reply Good job, Uelveyye, 20-Feb-03 09:51 AM, #22
     Reply Few things, Ulthur, 20-Feb-03 10:07 AM, #23
     Reply RE: Few things, Farnsworth (Guest), 24-Feb-03 12:09 AM, #43
          Reply On laws. (longish), Ulthur, 24-Feb-03 09:14 AM #46
               Reply You're taking an overly pessimistic view of a Wanted fl..., Young Nastyman, 24-Feb-03 09:46 AM, #47
     Reply Well done, Uncle Bob, 20-Feb-03 10:45 AM, #24
     Reply RE: Well done, Farnsworth (Guest), 02-Mar-03 01:07 AM, #51
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Lobengula, 20-Feb-03 02:12 PM, #25
     Reply RE: Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindicator, Suibhne (Guest), 20-Feb-03 04:43 PM, #26
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Jhyrbian, 20-Feb-03 05:04 PM, #27
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Karel, 21-Feb-03 01:23 AM, #29
     Reply Grudging respect, Anonymous (Guest), 22-Feb-03 07:53 AM, #40
     Reply semi-random comment, shokai, 22-Feb-03 03:27 PM, #41
     Reply RE: semi-random comment, Farnsworth (Guest), 24-Feb-03 09:13 PM, #48
     Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Niryaza, 24-Feb-03 10:01 PM, #49
          Reply RE: (DEL) Farnsworth Jones, Voice of the Raven, Vindi, Farnsworth (Guest), 24-Feb-03 10:16 PM, #50
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #15548 Previous topic | Next topic