Subject: "It was truly a great experience." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14953
Show all folders

DullamehThu 06-Feb-03 01:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
11 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#14959, "It was truly a great experience."

What can I say?

I've been playing this game for years, on and off, and I finally thought I ought to go look at it from the other side.

I quickly found that although the other side was fun, it was also a job. I don't mean "job" in a negative way, though. I mean that it requires an amount of responsibility that I simply couldn't handle along with school and work and my social life. Therefore, I chose to drop the least necessary piece of my life, which happened to be suffering the most anyway: Carrion Fields.

That said, from MUDschool to Asgaard, Dullameh was by far the best experience I've had on CF.

Immortals:

Valguarnera: You were awesome. You were largely responsible for the countless (well, I guess they're countable... but they're a lot) hours of fun I had as both a mort and an Immortal. Thanks for that.

Arvam: I enjoyed talking with you, also. I couldn't say anything bad about you if I tried. I really feel like I let you down, which is more than half the reason I decided to delete instead of staying around and risking dragging it out.

Shokai: A few times I stayed logged on just to chat with you, even though I was so tired my eyelids felt like they were about to fall off. I'm especially grateful for that chat at the end. Thanks a bunch, chief.

Ilraeth: It was great to chat with you again. I wish we could have finalized something though.

Savraeth: Thanks for everything you did for me as well... I'll leave it at that as not to ruin anything.

Calradian: Man, we go way back. I'm glad you're being super-productive and stuff and time-willing, I hope to interact again with you in the future. Great character and a great guy behind it too.

Iunna: Had fun roleplaying with you as a mortal and our brief chats up in Heroimm land.

Gwimdorf: You bastich. Between our little naked heroimm fights and Zulghinlour's fun, my PKratio plummeted! What will Arolin think of me now!?

Alysrith: *wink* And that's all I have to say about that.

All of the other Imms: Thank you all for the opportunity, experience and time. I wish I could have contributed more in one way or another.

Now, onto the mortals I interacted with as mort-Dullameh/heroimm-Dullameh... I'm absolutely certain I'll forget most of you, sadly.

SCION:

Tilaen: You, sir, were a blast. Everyone hated you, and even I did for a while. I, as a player, grew to love Tilaen though... you did a lot to help me Lich and hero. We tore stuff up.

Krivohan: We were sick together. You carried your character very well and had several idiosyncrasies that made your character come to life... Kriv wasn't just a mindless evil sphere Death character, but an almost endearing (violent) old man. You and Tilaen were what helped to keep Dullameh interesting to me for so long.

Dwoggurd: You were a damned beast. Despite some people calling you a one-trick pony or whatever, you consistantly surprised me with both your skill and perserverance. Good stuff.

Kalraak, Dranolian: Toward the end, I kept getting the feeling you were going to try to betray me. You never got around to it though, for whatever reason. Something bothered me about you both. Can't put my finger on it.

Anith: I tried to make it rough on Scion leaders in my own little way. They should be as stressed out to make progress as the Scions they lead, in my opinion. You were interesting to talk to.

Trajeona: You softy! Same as Anith.

Orinah/Karel/Whoever: Your problems are your own fault.

NEXUS:

Nydeikon is the only Nexite that really stands out. Damned good job, I liked you from our first conversation on. Sorry I had to kill you a lot.

Kazahando: You lucky bastich I couldn't bring myself to hate you, even though I jumped you a lot.

SYLVAN:

Erm... Alysrith and... uhm... Moving on.

WARLOCK:

Shila: Conquered by the Mighty Chill Touch!...?

Lardovian: You stuck it out pretty well, all things considered. Thanks for the fights.

HERALD:

Dieca: I tried. But it just didn't work.

Everyone else, Imms included: I guess the biggest compliment I can give is that you helped to create a part of my life. A good part, all in all, I guess. Even if I look back on it in a year and don't decide to come back or even groan and blush at the thought of CF. I found release in it sometimes and even a few friends I hope to keep in touch with.

I'll be checking back periodically, at least.

Thanks for all the fish... and equipment!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Dullameh the Enlightened Wanderer [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 06-Feb-03 12:35 AM
Reply First chance I've had in a while to go through logs..., Dullameh, 15-Mar-03 03:25 PM, #31
Reply A day in the life of a bored Lich (Part I)., Dullameh, 15-Mar-03 10:11 PM, #32
Reply A day in the life of a bored Lich (Part II)., Dullameh, 15-Mar-03 10:06 PM, #33
     Reply Part III, the Grand Finale., Dullameh, 15-Mar-03 10:17 PM, #34
     Reply you need to look again at your editing of phylacteries, incognito, 15-Mar-03 07:38 PM, #39
          Reply (Moderator-fied.), Valguarnera, 15-Mar-03 10:31 PM, #40
Reply A bungled (but successful) raid., Dullameh, 15-Mar-03 10:29 PM, #35
Reply Part II, Dullameh, 15-Mar-03 03:50 PM, #36
Reply Dwoggurd, Daiken and I pick on Dawnies, Dullameh, 15-Mar-03 10:24 PM, #37
Reply Rhuean's final death, Dullameh, 15-Mar-03 10:21 PM, #38
Reply RE: (DEL) Dullameh the Enlightened Wanderer, Jento (Guest), 13-Feb-03 02:58 AM, #30
Reply RE: (DEL) Dullameh the Enlightened Wanderer, spooked (Guest), 08-Feb-03 03:15 PM, #29
Reply RE: (DEL) Dullameh the Enlightened Wanderer, Bajula, 06-Feb-03 09:51 PM, #24
Reply RE: (DEL) Dullameh the Enlightened Wanderer, Dranolian (Guest), 06-Feb-03 12:25 PM, #17
Reply RE: (DEL) Dullameh the Enlightened Wanderer, Racli, 06-Feb-03 02:17 AM, #5
Reply It was truly a great experience., Dullameh, 06-Feb-03 01:19 AM #1
     Reply Many Fights, lots of fun, Weswin (Guest), 06-Feb-03 01:30 AM, #2
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., Dugruain, 06-Feb-03 01:43 AM, #3
     Reply Farewell and a question, Phounye (Guest), 06-Feb-03 01:59 AM, #4
     Reply I thought you made a great lich and loved the interacti..., GinGa, 06-Feb-03 03:04 AM, #6
     Reply Good times..., Kazahando, 06-Feb-03 03:23 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Good times..., Yodinfrid (Guest), 06-Feb-03 12:35 PM, #18
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., Karel, 06-Feb-03 04:41 AM, #8
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., Ulfin (Guest), 06-Feb-03 05:24 AM, #9
     Reply 'If he says black....', Daiken (Guest), 06-Feb-03 06:59 AM, #10
     Reply *sniff*, Rhowyn (Guest), 06-Feb-03 07:57 AM, #11
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., Calradian, 06-Feb-03 08:39 AM, #12
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., Lardovian (Guest), 06-Feb-03 09:11 AM, #13
     Reply Sorry it didn't work out, Intronan, 06-Feb-03 09:38 AM, #14
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., Ulthur, 06-Feb-03 10:12 AM, #15
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., Taithin, 06-Feb-03 11:30 AM, #16
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., Krivohan, 06-Feb-03 01:01 PM, #19
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., Valguarnera, 06-Feb-03 01:47 PM, #20
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., Thyka (Guest), 06-Feb-03 02:42 PM, #21
     Reply What has already been said..., Nydeikon (Guest), 06-Feb-03 03:44 PM, #22
     Reply Peace man, Rithlan (Guest), 06-Feb-03 03:50 PM, #23
     Reply Hmm.., Gorach, 07-Feb-03 10:15 AM, #25
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., Kalraak (Guest), 07-Feb-03 03:38 PM, #26
     Reply Har!, Dullameh, 07-Feb-03 06:53 PM, #27
     Reply RE: It was truly a great experience., DC (Guest), 08-Feb-03 09:35 AM, #28
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #14953 Previous topic | Next topic