Subject: "Thoughts" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138141
Show all folders

IshuliSat 01-Feb-20 09:24 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138235, "Thoughts"

I don’t take it as a dig. So no worries there. Prepare for a longer-than-necessary post because you were kind enough to share your thoughts!

I watched you come to the shrine a number of times and talk to Aelekai, without praying, and so I was waiting watching for the pray like “Aha, maybe, here we go!” – but that’s different from Ishuli. Ish is focused, scholastic, very aloof when it comes to emotional needs/comfort/encouragement/etc. It’s one of the last things on her mind since she’s focused on whatever interesting/intriguing/research thing is at hand. That *totally* doesn’t mesh with everyone, and I’m aware of it. So no insult taken at all, just like no insult was intended when I said you were a great char but less than Ish-tastic. Sometimes things don’t click – and not everything has to. Heck, I’ve had followers before who chastised Ishuli about her approach to some things (validly, from their RP).

I read every note you sent, and have them all saved and organized, and was ready to chat about them at Pohdtid’s request (and challenge them and push you to do something even more ridiculous).

In general you have to go to an Imm’s shrine and pray. The best time to do it is when they’re visible, since 99% of the time that’s advertising they are free. You prayed a number of times when I wasn’t visible, or online at all, but then when I was visible you didn’t pray – though you did come by and talk to a shrine-mob.

Sorry it left a bad taste in your mouth, best thing I can encourage you to do in religions in general is to “be up front” and if you’re feeling lost, hit your imm up – not just notes, not prays when they’re offline – but a pray while they’re visible while you’re online and let them know what’s up IC.

You **weren’t** doing poorly when we did talk, Pohdtid came across as sensitive but cheerful, encouraging/emotional, and focused on goodness from a more personal side than Ishuli would. That’s perfectly fine! But Ishuli’s religion demands a sort of focused approach where research>other things. My chance to nudge you about that is when you pray to me and we have a chat. Otherwise Ishuli just assumes you’re not interested in the discussion or you’d be bugging her to have it (she has research too, ya’ know!).

Still, great character and you brought a lot of fun to a lot of folks, so don’t take it as a jab, and don’t let it leave a bad taste in your mouth .

-Ish

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Pohdtid the Affirmation of Life,... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 18-Jan-20 07:00 PM
Reply Back to the Azure Fields!, dillamond, 01-Feb-20 02:45 AM, #4
Reply That's hilarious!, SPN, 01-Feb-20 07:30 AM, #5
Reply Thoughts, Ishuli, 01-Feb-20 09:24 AM #6
Reply Is this the official stance of immville?, SPN, 01-Feb-20 11:34 AM, #7
Reply RE: Is this the official stance of immville?, Daphedee, 01-Feb-20 12:17 PM, #8
Reply That's a yes from me, dawg, Korsgaard, 01-Feb-20 03:50 PM, #9
     Reply I'm not a dog. (n/t), Aithiar, 01-Feb-20 05:32 PM, #11
Reply Thank you, Pohdtid (Anonymous), 01-Feb-20 04:08 PM, #10
Reply Sorry for the frustration, Sel (Anonymous), 01-Feb-20 05:40 PM, #12
Reply RE: Sorry for the frustration, Pohdtid (Anonymous), 01-Feb-20 06:08 PM, #13
Reply I was a big fan., Cexonza (Anonymous), 01-Feb-20 07:19 PM, #14
     Reply RE: I was a big fan., Pohdtid (Anonymous), 01-Feb-20 09:00 PM, #15
Reply GJ, Ishuli, 28-Jan-20 01:52 PM, #3
Reply One of the best friendships developed IC in my years he..., Gruntner (Anonymous), 27-Jan-20 07:37 PM, #2
Reply RE: One of the best friendships developed IC in my year..., Pohdtid (Anonymous), 01-Feb-20 10:16 PM, #16
     Reply RE: One of the best friendships developed IC in my year..., Gruntner (Anonymous), 02-Feb-20 01:07 AM, #17
Reply Well done, Padwei, 20-Jan-20 03:13 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138141 Previous topic | Next topic