Subject: "So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13743
Show all folders

Uncle BobTue 31-Dec-02 02:40 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
166 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13744, "So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!"

What can I say…this was one of the most interesting CF experiences to date. First of all, why am I quitting? I have a new years resolution…I want to finally become published by 2004. And when I sit down at the PC, and I have my mangled short story in front of me, and I think, “It would be so easy to log on to CF. Just one…little…click…” And that’s happened far too often lately. That’s a testament to the greatness of this game. So I’m not leaving out of frustration, anger, disillusionment, or any other negativity. Not to say I haven’t felt all of those in spades at one time or another.

Imms: You all keep this thing running, and very well at that. Keep up the Faith. Valguarnera…thanks. It’s been fun, and you were just what I imagined my (Trajeona’s) god of reason would be. I would have liked to have talked with you more, to flesh some things out, but then, so it goes.

Scion: It’s been fun, all. I remember when I first joined…it was kind of bleak. Then, eventually, we scratched and clawed our way to the top. I leave now knowing things are in good hands, although it is somewhat depressing some of you leave already. In any case, Anith will keep things going I have no doubt.

Anith, what can I say…we made quite a team huh? That little bit at the end was fun, and I had some plans do continue what we were doing, to make things…interesting all around. I just don’t have the time to put in the chasm that you, the Scion, the applicants, everyone else, or even our little melodrama deserves. Best Scion I ever saw, you. Although you are kind of a bastard *wink *

The rest of you, there were so many it’s hard to name names. I started jotting some down, but I can’t do justice to you all…it has been some time, after all. The vast majority of you have been great, at least, lately. I was a little frustrated when I first became Advisor. By the time I got Chancellor, you all really started shining through.

Enemies: We had plenty. Too many to mention. Needless to say, you made things interesting for us. In my many hours as Trajeona, I don’t believe I had one spare minute, ever. Good luck, all of you.

Allies: Behnestkitn, and the lackies, and the Nexus, thanks all. Believe me, each and every one of you were appreciated.

Trajeona held sphere Reason. She always tried to let judgment and reason rule her, not emotion. I was hoping to be a somewhat aloof, coolish drow. At the same time, I was sick of all the “All of you suck” drows, so I wound up being raised by a human blind woman who taught her the value of reason and calmness of spirit. Blah blah blah, in short, I was a ‘can catch more flies with honey than vinegar’ kind of person. Not sure how well it worked, especially trying to lead something as evil as Scion, but there you have it. So those of you who were wondering why I didn’t rule with more of an iron fist, there it is. It simply wasn’t in ‘me.’ I’d post my role, but it wound up kind of mangled. You all would mock and ridicule me. I do have it though, maybe I’ll throw it up sometime for kicks.

I had a blast with this character. In my nearly 400 hours, I don’t think I had more than 5 minutes at a time free. Applicants, allies, enemies, Scion, and miscellaneous all made for a busy time. For those of you who contacted me wanting to talk, I can only say, I talked whenever I could with you all. I very rarely sat anywhere doing nothing; so if I didn’t talk with you, it wasn’t out of being a jerk. It was pure chaos at times, many times half a dozen people or more contacting me. Through all that, I replied ‘misspoken’ not nearly as much as I would have guessed.

Thanks, all. It was truly fun. I’m not going to be rolling anything for awhile, but I’ll definitely be popping in and seeing what’s what.

(And maybe next year at this time, I’ll have some good news to report…)

I would beg, I would plead
I would shake
On a hook dangling wide awake
I’m so young and beautiful
I’m no fool
Time goes by, tables turn

First it giveth, then it taketh away.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Trajeona Lil Waela, Chancellor of Scion [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 31-Dec-02 02:29 PM
Reply So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of meat!, Uncle Bob, 31-Dec-02 02:40 PM #2
Reply Awww!, B. Dalton (Guest), 31-Dec-02 03:03 PM, #3
Reply I don't wanna be a wannabe-writer! I wanna be a writer..., Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 03:16 PM, #27
Reply A writer eh?, Anith (Guest), 31-Dec-02 04:28 PM, #4
Reply RE: A writer eh?, Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 03:12 PM, #26
Reply well good luck, behn (Guest), 31-Dec-02 05:31 PM, #5
Reply RE: well good luck, Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 03:02 PM, #25
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., Bajula, 31-Dec-02 08:50 PM, #6
Reply Thanks, Dimion...I enjoyed your character...good luck! ..., Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 03:00 PM, #24
     Reply RE: Thanks, Dimion...I enjoyed your character...good lu..., Bajula, 04-Jan-03 05:45 AM, #34
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., Aginal (Guest), 31-Dec-02 09:14 PM, #7
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 02:59 PM, #23
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., Yhorian (Guest), 01-Jan-03 11:08 AM, #8
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 02:57 PM, #22
Reply Long and nice fights...thanks for good times... n/t, Guenrayn (Guest), 01-Jan-03 02:57 PM, #9
Reply Ah my favorite villager, Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 02:55 PM, #21
Reply RE: Hmm, Virinahn (Guest), 01-Jan-03 03:07 PM, #10
Reply Thanks...and the same to you. (nt), Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 02:53 PM, #20
Reply Well done, Sosuphan (Guest), 01-Jan-03 04:41 PM, #11
Reply RE: Well done, Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 02:52 PM, #19
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., Ulthur, 01-Jan-03 06:15 PM, #12
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 02:49 PM, #18
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., Valguarnera, 02-Jan-03 12:43 PM, #14
Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 02:47 PM, #17
     Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., nepenthe, 03-Jan-03 08:44 PM, #30
          Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., Scarabaeus, 03-Jan-03 09:23 PM, #31
               Reply RE: So long, and thanks for all the bloody hunks of mea..., Karel, 03-Jan-03 09:38 PM, #32
Reply The list gets shorter, Kierning (Guest), 02-Jan-03 05:53 PM, #15
Reply Didn't forget!, Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 02:42 PM, #16
Reply Great job, Uelveyye, 03-Jan-03 04:33 PM, #29
Reply Farewell!, Quimo (Guest), 04-Jan-03 05:14 AM, #33
Reply Well, sheeoot., Scion (Guest), 31-Dec-02 02:36 PM, #1
     Reply Ahh...the madness, Killag (Guest), 01-Jan-03 08:18 PM, #13
          Reply Sorry, Uncle Bob, 03-Jan-03 03:20 PM, #28
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13743 Previous topic | Next topic