Subject: "Actually...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #1308
Show all folders

Lokilith (Guest) (Guest)Fri 22-Jun-01 12:51 PM

#1325, "Actually...."

I've never really ever directly gone after immteraction with any characters outside of empowerment and in one or two cases where I went after tattoos. In Lokilith's case, I think it was mainly the fact that I was one of VERY few evil heroes to be active and survive at all through late February and early March, so naturally if the immortals wanted to watch any sort of alignment-based interactions at all they'd have to look to me at least once and a while. I stuck to my character through everything and was pretty successful considering the situation. I finally sent a one-liner to Valguarnera right after Maymunah deleted essentially stating that if he wanted a Chancellor who was going to do something for Scion, he'd better choose me. Within 10 minutes I had the job. From there I continued to stick it out and do what I could. Somehow I guess I caught Scarabaeus's eye and he came to me with the 'Disola quest' that essentially amounted to me having to knock off one of the Warlock's most-logged-in characters. I never asked for a quest form or even hinted at one simply because I feel kind of cheap asking the imms out of the blue for anything whether it be quests, prizes or just immteraction. I've always found, with all of my characters, that two things consistently will end up rewarding your character in time, if you are patient enough. First, you just have to stick to a character, never go ooc and develop his role and have him or her live that role. The second thing that worked for me is that my characters have always been somewhat different from the rest of the characters comprising the playerbase at the time. For instance, with Lokilith I was the first real defense/offense 'muter to hit the hero ranks and I was able to make a big impression with some tough forms before the rest of Thera really caught up. Also, the fact that she was one of the few evils around made her much more visible than she would have been during the times when evils have dominated the game. I guess it isn't something you plan, but when opportunities present themselves you have to jump at them and if you stick to your character it should come naturally.

I guess another thing that might have aided at least with the quest form is that I absolutely HATE groups at hero levels. I cringe when I go to Hell or exploring elsewhere with groups, and I hate massive raiding parties. I figure I don't have enough patience for them or something (which was pretty obvious to many who traveled with me and watched me completely botch group raids because I liked to simply run in without formulating any sort of team strategy). So what ends up happening is that unless I need to be in a group I fly solo most of the time. When you aren't in a big mass of people you tend to stand out, as well, and since I always get a little rush out of hitting tough odds, had plenty of opportunity for it and I had great forms with Lok for doing it with some success, I likely stuck out for immortals who watched the cabal fights.

I'm not certain what is is that got me on Scarabaeus's and Valguarnera's good sides, you may want to ask them.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 20-Jun-01 07:05 PM
Reply See you in your next character, Bessian (Guest) (Guest), 21-Jun-01 08:10 PM, #22
Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Paelnor (Guest), 21-Jun-01 10:07 AM, #15
Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Lokilith (Guest) (Guest), 20-Jun-01 07:13 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Daemelin (Guest) (Guest), 20-Jun-01 07:48 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Lokilith (Guest) (Guest), 20-Jun-01 08:05 PM, #3
          Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Kadsuane (Guest) (Guest), 20-Jun-01 08:24 PM, #4
          Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Daemelin (Guest) (Guest), 20-Jun-01 09:19 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Fellicitinia (Guest) (Guest), 20-Jun-01 08:29 PM, #5
     Reply You the drow., Valguarnera, 20-Jun-01 09:35 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Blah to you to Val. :P, Qxorlarran (Guest) (Guest), 20-Jun-01 09:59 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Waigerits (Guest), 21-Jun-01 02:15 AM, #9
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Lokilith (Guest) (Guest), 21-Jun-01 05:15 AM, #10
          Reply Guess we switched classes, heh(txt), Kravidian (Guest) (Guest), 21-Jun-01 03:40 PM, #17
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Paneros (Guest) (Guest), 21-Jun-01 06:01 AM, #11
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Grunkenheim (Guest), 21-Jun-01 06:23 AM, #12
     Reply Fine Job, Yathonos (Guest) (Guest), 21-Jun-01 07:37 AM, #13
     Reply Good work, Tahren (Guest), 21-Jun-01 08:28 AM, #14
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Disola (Guest) (Guest), 21-Jun-01 12:39 PM, #16
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Daemelin (Guest) (Guest), 21-Jun-01 05:18 PM, #19
          Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., disola (Guest) (Guest), 21-Jun-01 07:48 PM, #21
     Reply I can not believe someone remembered me, Duasgel (Guest) (Guest), 21-Jun-01 03:52 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Astirath (Guest) (Guest), 21-Jun-01 06:01 PM, #20
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Caslandrien (Guest) (Guest), 22-Jun-01 06:40 AM, #23
     Reply Actually...., Lokilith (Guest) (Guest), 22-Jun-01 12:51 PM #25
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Zulghinlour, 22-Jun-01 12:43 PM, #24
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Lokilith (Guest) (Guest), 22-Jun-01 12:59 PM, #26
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Greil (Guest) (Guest), 22-Jun-01 01:16 PM, #27
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Karnavex (Guest) (Guest), 22-Jun-01 05:35 PM, #28
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Lokilith (Guest) (Guest), 23-Jun-01 09:10 AM, #29
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Elsindai (Guest) (Guest), 23-Jun-01 06:09 PM, #30
     Reply RE: Lokilith, Scarabaeus (Guest) (Guest), 25-Jun-01 07:38 AM, #31
     Reply RE: Lokilith, Daemelin (Guest) (Guest), 25-Jun-01 03:22 PM, #32
          Reply RE: Lokilith, Lokilith (Guest) (Guest), 25-Jun-01 04:48 PM, #34
               Reply RE: Lokilith, Daemelin (Guest) (Guest), 25-Jun-01 07:35 PM, #35
     Reply RE: (DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, H..., Pohanad (Guest) (Guest), 25-Jun-01 03:49 PM, #33
     Reply Huge Respect, Minyar, 02-Jul-01 09:30 PM, #36
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #1308 Previous topic | Next topic