Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DEL) <SCION> Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=1308
1308, (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jun 20 21:04:41 2001

2 o''clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Winter Wolf on the Theran calendar Lokilith perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:457
PK Ratio:76% (closer to 100% is better)

1309, See you in your next character
Posted by Bessian (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

We never really talked, but I did spot you on a few interviews. We've tangled a few times one on one, a scion defense major doesn't have much of a chance to kill a paladin except in the rare luck circumstances such as lag, stupidity, catching them with sanct down or after a fight with someone else, etc.

I will be curious to see what your next character will be..

Bessian
1310, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Paelnor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a damn pain. The only time I ever fought you one on one, it was meant to be two on one, and the paladin ran away for god only knows what reason. You pulled the gargoyle card. I had been talking to my friend, he said to just call a beast, use a staff, and go make a sandwich. I figured out why he'd say that. You had that knack for getting away alive, in one form or another. This was an excellently played Shifter, though IC Paelnor had to hate him to no extent. I think it's a shame that the playerbase is losing you for the summer, since I figure winter boredom will bring you back, it's what gets half the players, me included. Have a nice summer though, and remember the most fun way to kill time in the winter (That's not snowboarding).

-Paelnor, ranger third class, beneath Kiac and Flontinot.
1311, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Lokilith (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And so I am done, again. I have the rest of my summer that I want to spend doing non-CF stuff. That added to the fact that Lok had almost become a job to me has more or less turned my interest in the character and the game. Since March Lok was expected to essentially single-handedly keep Scion on pace with the combination of Battle, Sylvan, Maran, Warlock, Dawn and sometimes even Nexus. It seems as though I always was one step behind. We had our moments…The likes of Daemelin and Tikar were monstrous when it came to giving us the little nudge we needed to get over that edge, but it was always short-lived compared to what the other cabals could throw at us and I think that that is how things will remain in the current cabal atmosphere and setup. When Scion gets a consistent base of heroes and leaders, things will change, maybe.

Lokilith was my first character in nearly two years and I never intended her to be anything more than an arcane transmuter who would poke around in the Master cabal. Right after I rolled I died in the Weald to a lynx or something because I had no idea where the kobold warrens were, and that essentially summed up life for Lok. I’d never seen Conjurers, new bards or new paladins…so much is still new to me, so forgive have naïve I was in the game.

How Lok got to where she was, I’m really not sure. I tried to be as conspicuous as possible so that I didn’t get drawn into the role Lok eventually assumed, for I’d been down that avenue several times before and I just wanted a nice relaxing character to play on my terms. I guess I got frustrated after seeing the original chancellors mass delete, followed by Maymunah’s hasty departure, and so I asked Valguarnera for the position. At first I thought I could make a difference, and with Salviar around I thought we’d get Scion rolling. Then came Salviar’s disastrous Lich quest. And I was the sole Chancellor for several weeks. Then comes Ritrav – for a week. And I was the sole Chancellor for over a month. Then comes Vehrak – for less than two weeks. And I was the sole Chancellor again.

I don’t blame anyone for what happens with Scion except for me. I think that the Scion immortal staff is great and I think that there are a lot of Scion players who are great players. Maybe I didn’t work hard enough to promote and maintain other Chancellors, maybe I inducted the wrong people. But whatever happened, I suffered serious Lokilith burnout after specifically setting aside at least an hour a day, at least six days a week, for interviewing. Generally, this hour stretched out longer, and on top of that I spent many, many hours trying to work the various Scion characters into one of the series of quests and/or studies that immortals or I had developed. I’d try to make sure everyone in the cabal was active doing something they’d enjoy, but at the end of it I’d turn around and realize that 5 of my best heroes that I’d spent all this time for had deleted or died in the last week or two. Perhaps it was the daunting fact that the obstacles that Scion faces are easily double what Empire faced that leads the people who play Scions to expect more than they are getting. Perhaps I spent my time wrongly, perhaps I didn’t set a strong enough precedent or perhaps I simply failed to interest them at all in the cabal, but whatever it is really burned me out.

I guess all I want to leave you with in this farewell is that yes, there are things wrong with the current cabal system. Yes, there may be slight class imbalances, particularly when they are exploited in this cabal system. But no, these are not major factors in how the game goes. The people behind the characters are what will drive this game, and when all you do is present excuses for why something can not be done, you won’t have any time left for figuring out how it can be done. Grit your teeth, dive in and enjoy what the game has to offer you rather than resent what the game DOESN’T have to offer you. The immortals do a great job at making the overall mechanics of Thera very dynamic and it’s a pity that a lot of people just don’t have the postive outlook and realize that this is just a game, albeit an incredibly addicting and consuming game, and that it should be enjoyed for what is there.

Take, for example, Daemelin. Daemelin was given the forms of a tiger and a mongoose. I have seen dozens of mongoose, and dozens of tigers, as well as many comparable combos. Instead of sitting back and saying ‘Damn, I’m the only Scion in hero range besides Lokilith and my combo is meat for a lot of enemy characters out there. Plus, the damn imms took away my rods. Might as well delete.’ he said ‘Hey! I’ve got the mofuggin tiger and moongoose! Look at all the people I can mess with! Let’s go wreck #####! I’ll tear their gizzards out with my bear hands! Woohoo!’ because he had a great outlook on the game and simply enjoyed playing for the sake of playing. It didn’t matter to him that certain classes or cabals or other combos could potentially whoop him without breaking a sweat, all that mattered was that he could log on and play. Because of this he became one of the most successful players that I ever played with and he found ways to do things that other people wouldn’t have thought possible.

That’s my mini-lecture for today, I guess. =P When I deleted 2 years ago I quit CF for other things and only started up Lok out of sheer winter boredom. I’m leaving again now and don’t expect to return because this damn game takes too much time, something that I seemed to have forgotten before I rolled Lok. It’s been good, all. Here’s a quick list of byes.

Scarab:

Qxorlarran – Lokilith bends down and writes in the sand ‘You’re perfect for your role.’
Drucyrus – Keep visible, man. Good fightins.

Herald:

Quesnel – Always wanted to get a better repertoire going with you, never happened. Kept sending spies to infiltrate your ranks but they always seemed to delete on me.
Tindarellin – Hell no, you don’t get any sanctuary from me and my posse, elfie!

Battle:

Torakkel – You were the toughest mofo warrior I ever faced. Nice work
Sargon – Keep pluggin. My forms couldn’t take you very well, but battle needs more of you.
Armand – Battle needs more consistency like you, too.
Rio – Log on when you’re a leader.
Tahren – Ballsy move, going unempowered paladin for battle. My respect.
Others – Lok drooled at the chance to fight ‘ragers who weren’t specialized in certain long skinny weapons. Rager is a tough cabal to play. Nice work.

Tribunal:

Gormarn – You were badass and what Tribunal needed to make itself not a joke.
Fellicitinia – Sorry Lok was so rude to you. Personally, you’re one of my favorites. You must have the patience of a rock to sit in the guildhall interviewing or whatever as much as you do. Props.
Trillox – Another of my favorites. You were good. Kudos on the swift cranial that finally brought me down to you, Gormarn and Fellicitia in Galadon after the fiasco.
Mudanathor – Thought I had you in the bag as my ‘inside guy’. And, yes, I deserved the flag. =P
Zieth – Lokilith slaps your hand for raiding Scion.

Sylvan:

Plyate – Nice work in building a strong cabal. Songs + sylvan powers = scary for most people.
Belarion – Got some balls between those legs, eh?
Various rangers – Snare is a nice skill. Keep settin’ and ambushing.
Saldradien – Good to see druids still exist.
Feirhuld – Did we ever fight?
Implagur – One of my old archenemies. It was good.
Aliborni – Tons of potential
Others – It’s good to see Sylvan alive and kicking. I did even worse with Sylvan as I did with Scion. Also, remember that you can chameleon right outside the Chasm now! =P

Entropy:

Nazgauga – Maybe my favorite orc, you were fun. Too bad you faded away…
Dariana – Tons of potential, never really came for me.

Nexus:

Tiberanius – I dig you.
Caelph – Not bad yourself. Too bad Lok hated Nexus.
Vahlen/Sanorik – Only got to go head to head once – before I got my major forms. I was itchin’ to have at the two of you.
Bonjo – I have more respect for you than anyone in the game. This guy had the roughest set I’ve ever seen on a warrior and was the only Nexus in the game. Plyate along with a couple invokers, rangers, a tranny and a healer came and took the scepter and there were only two or so other Scions about besides me. Even though the light only tipped the scales by a fingernail, Bonjo (a cloud giant) said he’d come along even though most people in the game would never do it. And he didn’t just come along. He waded in there with his unique set, wailing away, willingly taking whatever the Sylvans threw at him with more heart than most any Scion I’d ever been with in a similar situation. Poor bugger went down, of course, and lost it all. I remember sitting here, feeling bad and thinking ‘Damn, I don’t know if I could have done that.’ Great work.
Bladjix, Leius, Xillinas – Good work in bringing down the Giant of all Giants, Tikar. The ironic thing about it, though, is you all get titles for it…yet Tikar, who accomplished feats ten times that to even get his axe to that point, went untitled until * after * he died! Poor Tikar. =P Just goes to show you how frail the AP class really can be once the illusion of invincibility has been dispelled.
Others – Lok hated the Nexus.

Dawn:

Ambrose – Pluckly girl, ain’t you? Never short on words, at least. =P
Satinka/Tuyhon – Well done. You made life tough.
Elarion, Braiden, Grunk – Doesn’t the world already have too much dawn? =P
Tannice – You sopped up the pain I put on that warlock when you were young. Must have nearly killed you, but it did the job and sent me retreating.
Drepseon – Annoyed the hell out of me as a dawnie, things got interesting afterwards. Wish you would have stuck around so we could have really got things rolling.
Yathonos – A very interesting character…too bad you deleted.
Others – Dawn was part of the three-headed monster called the Fortress. It was fun going against you all. Keep raiding for the Scepter and you’re gonna surpass Maran.

Warlock:

Annalena – You must have done something right. I wish I would have gotten more out of our interactions but you always seemed to be on another boat or something. You always seemed displaced from the rest of the Warlocks, as though there was regular Warlock, and there was Annalena, Pet of the Warlock Gods. =P
Disola – Thanks for going down finally. I couldn’t do anything to stop the eagle/word of recall that you evaded me with so many times, so I’m glad Daemelin was able to hone in on you with that tiger.
Andulvar – Chase scripts are cheap. I’m already going one on five against you without counting the archon(s) and elemental(s)…and you want to us the processing power of your computer to outgun me, too? Other than that, I suppose, nice work.
Dastian – You had a deathwish and were recipient of the most god-awfully wrong round I ever laid on someone with my ram. Must have caught you slowed with stoneskin down. I liked how you separated yourself from the Fortress pack. Made you stick out in my mind, if nothing else.
Solmyr, Mealrocan, Celyrin, etc… -- Your cabal headquarters was in the one place that really made it potentially dangerous for me to go after the hoardes there when any of you invokers were around. Damn avalanches. I must have had about a thousand boulders land on my in my life.
Parcimus and the rest of the conjies – Goodie conjies have it made, with the cabal situation the way it is. Rarely, if ever, are there enough Scions compared to Fortress folk about to be able to neutralize your archons effectively before they are swarmed over by your allies. With Lok I felt I could take anyone in the Fortress solo with little difficulty – except for even a naked conjurer. Could be done, I suppose, but only with a ton of effort. Dunno. Never really faced many solo. =P Tough buggers you are.
Dachadaen – Talk smack talk smack talk smack talk smack, hit Tikar and Lokilith’s range, dead Dachadaen, deleted Dachadaen. =P
Isham – Hey buddy. Way to stick it out in the early years.
Greil – The one warlock shifter I knew I’d have to work to kill (not that I’m that good…my forms just were conducive to beating other trannies)! Great form combo and good character integrity.
Warlock trannies – Boy, there were a lot of you. =P As a whole, I thought you were all were a blast to go against.

Maran:

Balrahd – Short-lived rivalry. The only paladin I recall to put away his sword(s) or shield to use a polearm against me.
Vilaeren, Bessian, Amadioru and the rest of the paladins – It’s tough to bring you guys down! Good marans. Bessian, stay online when the going gets tough, man.
Ponahad (and Ilmora, though not a Maran) – Rivalry started before I knew what bards could do. Don’t know how I survived battles against you and Ilmora knowing what your class is capable of now. And to think that I’d get frustrated that I couldn’t kill BOTH of you simultaneously. Nice work, Po, miss your character, Il.
Ciemar – You were a bitch for Lok.
Talnic – You were a bitch for Lok, moreso than any non-rager warrior.
Ronahan – You, too, were a bitch for Lok in the early days.
Kamba/Warborf – Way to stick it out. Wish I could have interacted with you more than just with my quills.
Others – The last of the three-headed monster. Definitely the smallest of the three heads, but at times the most deadly.

Scion:

Daemelin – Who else to lead the list? You were incredible. Together I felt we could do anything. A pity you never got a quest form, and some thought you deserved Lok’s. But then…Lok brought you in on the quest for a reason, didn’t she? =P
Tikar/Fomorius/Hejduk – Badass mofos. Things definitely changed when you were around. Tikar, you were something else.
Salviar – A few more % points of luck, and Scion would have been an entirely different cabal this spring and summer.
Vehrak/Maymunah/Ritrav – Can I get a little ‘elp here?
Stoslav, Zeglufin, Yizxenlach, Madraech – Welcome to mass deletion city. Enjoy your stay.
Gaenlin – You’ve got a ton to offer Scion.
Rhavean – Lok’s first ‘pal’. We got that everfull pouch back when I was at 175 hours and rank 47. I held that pouch all the way up through 450 hours. Kinda sad to see it go.
Avoiwoo – Cunning little fellow.
Sarenth, Zsoqe, Reddyn, Zerten, Grodagan, Glauryn, etc (aka…all my trannies) – Kinda tough living in the shadow of Daemelin. You all did alright, though. It was a pleasure.
Vestain – Part of the reason Lok needed to become chancellor was so that you did not achieve it (I know Yiz had you slated for it) We hated each other to start and you prolly would have uninducted me. We got along quite well after a while, however.
Malfius – Now, I’d understand if Tikar deleted when he lost that axe…but you?
Kravidian, Reddyn, and all my necros – The world needs another Lich. You all do well enough, but the days of uber Spectres went the way of easily attainable rods.
Susis, Aerdica, Zelthinas, Sorn – Always good to have healers! I was pleased with each of you. Sorn, you’re a little bitch anyway. =P
Relixez, Landruum, Vaustrien, etc… -- It was always good to see assassins around and I wish I had involved you more in the cabal happenings. Out of sight, out of mind, I guess. Landruum, you picked me. =P
Mespon – Yes, there was a hero scion invoker, that one time.
Rosalia and Nhakma – Yes, there were hero scion conjuerers, too.
Karnavex and Turgesn – My shammies. Karnavex, each time I spoke to you I liked your character more and more. Scion needs more of you. Stick around and great things will happen with the cabal.
Venorsh, Duasgel, Carrock, Emile, etc… -- Takes some balls to play a scion warrior. It puts a big target on you and your cabal powers don’t give you much additionally. I thought you all did as well as one could expect.
Guntarlin – You were very capable, wish you’d be around more.
Astirath – Deadly efficient. Too deadly, apparently, you thug.

Others:

Amyrok – Wish I hadn’t killed you in Trothon, especially since you deleted right after. Had plans for you…
Escudeira – Made me chuckle how you’d hop the fence on me all the time. You were fun.
Jonni – Hrm…pest!
Elsindai – Where’d you go? Our interactions were fun, and I had a lot in store for you.

Immortals:

Scarabaeus – Lok was played as an athiest who believed she could harness power to grow beyond the gods, but you were the closest thing she had to a god. You’ve always been a great god for immteraction with me in the past and I was anything but disappointed. Thanks for questing me. Initially, for the gargoyle quest I thought we merely had to take down Disola once, and so we spend 5 relentless hours throwing ourselves at insane odds in the Fortress to try to get to her. When we finally did and I realized that was just the beginning, imagine how I felt. =P I think that’s the only time I felt physically tired after playing a game, I was trying so hard to get to her.

Valguarnera – You’re doing great things and are a great addition to the immstaff. I’m sorry I couldn’t do more for the cabal on the mortal side of things, but I tried to at least provide some stability there, if nothing else. Your role play is impeccable and I know you have nice things in store for the future. You were Lok’s mentor and did great at motivating and encouraging me. You always had time to talk about any quests or whatever I needed. Keep up the good work.

Jacynth – The first immortal I’ve ever inducted into a cabal, as far as I recall. I enjoyed all of our interactions and I think that you’re going to help bring Scion around the bend in the future (or at least until you decide your….passions are needed somewhere else.)

Zulghinlour – Never directly interacted with you, of all the gods. Bit of trivia: I inducted you into Empire back when you were a wee lil’ carrot top.

Sebeok – Never got a chance to mosey with you, either, but I hope you got to watch me some. I brough a lot of that hari-kari how-many-is-it-gonna-take-to-bring-me-down ##### you once tattoo’d me for back in the day just because I knew it would give you some viewing entertainment.

In General – The mud has improved a lot since when I left the game 2 years ago. Everyone is a much stronger role player and there are a lot more options for people in terms of strategies, roles, areas, items, you name it. Keep it going. Its time consuming and all, but I think everyone would agree that no matter how much they may disagree with changes and policies, what you have created is infinitely better than no CF at all.

And that’s all I’ve got for now, guys. It’s been fun, but I have the rest of my life to attend to now. Feel free to write me here or at my email (cjjohns7@hotmail.com) and I’ll respond to whatever you want to know.

Trestar
1341, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Daemelin (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, here I bitched and moaned about my old age, and you kept rubbing my nose in the fact that you were still fairly young, and then you go and delete. Not that I can't understand why, I've felt it myself from time to time, and I've had somewhere around thirty heroes over the last six years or so. There was good times, what me and you could do together, the odds be damned. Oh, I think you may have figured it out, but Rhaeven was one of mine as well. Had a couple healers now, always enjoy turning a fairly defensive class into something to be respected if not feared. Had good times with both with you, although I think more so with Daemelin, didn't sit in the background going heal heal heal, cleanse, heal heal heal. Anyways, when the hunger hits again, you'll know where to find me eh?
1342, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Yes, I figured you were probably Rhaeven, just based on the sheer number of playing hours per day and the times you played. Not to mention that Daemelin, an offense/defense tranny, just happened to come by right after Rhaeven deleted after hanging around the porcupine and ram for the last week or two of his life. It was good to have you about no matter as what character. Don't count on me in the future, though. I've already deleted Zmud to prevent any regressions. =P I've even been attending CFA (Carrion Fields Anonymous) meetings to try and quell the urges.

On a side note, I mentioned Reddyn as one of the Scion transmuters, but I meant that to be Redzen. I don't want anyone to get confused or anything...
1344, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Kadsuane (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude you were one badass mofo, I remember when I started with Lokilith back when we were still little chumps. I think I did a conjurer and you were gonna be an arcane transmuter. Somewhere down the line I lost interest in the character and you decided to go offense defense and hero'd. Then I started Fomorius, loved every bit of our interactions from early on. I had big plans for fom but I ended up being just another axe hungry ap, primarily the reason I deleted in the end. But I looked forward to hanging with you when I hero'd and I had a ton of fun when I did manage that. Then came the ill-fated invoker Thayzer. Great rp prospects, both with you and Valguarnera. (Btw, as much as I tend to disagree with Valg on ooc stuff and generaly think ##### all of his forum persona. I totally dig him as an immortal and his roleplaying is one of the best.) Thayzer turned out to irritate me more than anything else. Your character was always there, always ready for me to interact with and look forward to. Bitchin character all in all. Your characters have always been a cut above the rest, and Lokilith was no different. You definately bring something to the game that I seem to lack, even when I am not runing around spouting my crazy theories. Btw Scar is really a woman and cador was a pot-bellied pig.

To sum things up 'You da man!'

Acidic Parv
1343, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
In defense of my apparent lack of a life, I run my own business and sit in this damn office all day. Of course...tend to stay here rather late because of this damn game...ya, nevermind, have no life.
1340, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Fellicitinia (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go. You made things interesting when you "demanded" we remove the flag or you would bring "darkness to the city" I think I answered "bring it on" you did and I died.
*smiles* but it was great fun. Then you finally decided enough was enough and "let us bring you to justice" I don't think we ever could have other wise. You were great. I hope you will be back and hopefully we can be on the same side. Good luck to you.
1338, You the drow.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As you're aware, I thought you did a spectacular job as Chancellor. You had the right balance of roleplay talent, game skill, determination, and questionable sanity that makes a great leader. As someone who led Master for quite a long time, I can empathize with interview burnout, and Team Immortal Scion has been looking for people to help you out for a while, though non-trannies haven't been stepping forward very often lately.

I liked your induction standards (and uninduction standards, for that matter), and hope future Chancellors keep the careful eye you did on who they admit. You made a palpable difference in the cabal's roleplay level, and had that rare knack for bringing other people up to your level. You got into the storyline, made up some of your own storylines, and very quietly did a great job of acting your part, without getting all primadonna and needing to be the center of every "scene".

Also, not many people would wade into a Fort full of enemies, finish off the outer guardian as the rest of your group was driven off, then say "I think I'm going to attack this big crowd of prepared people now". Even fewer would have done it effectively- only some bad luck kept you from getting away, and leaving more than one corpse in your wake. This was one of the things I liked most about you- you took chances. Constantly. From what I saw, you took any appropriate fight you could win, whereas too many of our players only take the fights they would win.

You didn't wait around and send the level 30s to raid "underneath" the heroes- you led the attack personally, even when you knew you'd only last a little while, then have to pull off a clever escape while they tried to keep up with you. It was cool to see how the other Scions kinda rallied when you were around.

You'll be missed, chief. You've left some big, scary empty drow shoes for the next Chancellors.

From the pen of:
valguarnera@carrionfields.com">Valguarnera Trisseptia

1339, RE: Blah to you to Val. :P
Posted by Qxorlarran (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Drows are the scariest creatures and most hated for a reason.
1335, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Waigerits on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ah you're gone at last. Who will induct scions now? You've been the only reason there are still some scions left. Now the three headed monster will consume us, heh. Damn where are all the other chancellors?

Anyways, very very well played. When I played Veshlexiz, I thought you were an arrogant bitch, with my other characters I knew you better. Always liked to walk with you. Always wondered how you can stand all the applicants when they send tells even to me (non-mage).

I tried to figure who you are and couldn't. Could you name your other characters from the past maybe?
--
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

1336, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Glad you thought Lokilith was a stuck up bitch, I guess. Put on your memory cap for a couple of my characters...

Trestar, Entropy druid about...4 years ago?
Mavis, Empire mage
Isnard, Empire mage
Palonyte, Dreadlord
Segyll, sylvan heroimm

You'll have to think back for any of those. It's been a while since I've played.
1337, Guess we switched classes, heh(txt)
Posted by Kravidian (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Scion: You a Transmuter(Lokilith), me a Necromancer(Kravidian).
Empire: You a Necromancer(Palonyte), me a Transmuter(Revulin).

I remember Palonyte pretty well, you were one who got me into
the High Arcanus's seat and you were pretty tough, despite
our long list of nearly unbeatable enemies IE: Sylvan Thief
and Sylvan Arcane muter, blackjack/hold.

My connection was shitty and eventually died so I couldn't
show, and when I came back a couple months after there was
a new High Arcanus and I was immediately anathematized.

Of course I sucked as a Transmuter, didn't know about wands
and ram against Ragers, who were our main enemies, tended
never to work. I'd do a lot better now, even with the ram
form, than I did back then.
1334, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Paneros (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All I can say is, thanks.

Fighting you was like playing a deadly game of chess and although I like to think I'm alright at changing forms mid battle as they best suit what's going on, you were pretty much a master (mistress) of it.

I went ram, you went porcupine, I went snake, you went ram/gargoyle, I went ram and so on/

You had temendous guts and I always, always looked forward to battling you because you had the courage to come alone and were well versed in preperation. I admit I was pretty much bitter that you had a quest form mostly from the get go and was looking to prove the gargoyle wasn't all that while other Warlocks ran screaming from it. The form may not be all that, but the person playing it was. And in the end, that's what counts.

Have a great summer and I hope to see you about again!
1333, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Grunkenheim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Others – Dawn was part of the three-headed monster called the Fortress. It was fun going against you all. _Keep raiding for the Scepter and you’re gonna surpass Maran_."

I don't think you'll have to be worrying about that happening as long as Grunk has any say whatsoever.

I regret not getting much of a chance to interact with you, in fact, I never saw you in person. People were always fearful, but it seemed like you never came to retrieve or raid during the admittedly short period that we both existed. I'm not saying that's bad, I'm just saying I regret not going up against you.

1332, Fine Job
Posted by Yathonos (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had some fine plans for Yathonos, but then had to let him autodelete due to utter boredom. Towards the end, there were only a precious few I could interact with, without going completely insane, and you were one of em. Good roleplay. Like so many out there, I just can't play goodies... not that Yathonos was particularly good, but helping others... I thought I could do it just a little, and laugh and frolic and say, la la la, I love everything... but in the long run, I couldn't pull it off for long... again, nice job... see ya.
1331, Good work
Posted by Tahren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lokilith was a pain in my ass. I feel you on the interview burnout, but I doubt the village had as many applicants as Scion. I remember one battle between us in the ruins. I kept trying to switch from sword/shield to defend against the ram to polearm to keep the porcupine off my butt. You were switching from porcupine to ram and back faster than I could keep up with. I don't remember if I died or got away that time.

Didn't really fight you one on one after that, though I really wanted to so that I could try out my new tattoo power :). Most of the time, it was an AP bashing me that kept me in combat with your porcupine, and everyone knows how long that lasts.

Keep up the good work. Even if you say you're going to quit, remember that you can (and will!) easily download a new copy of Zmud.
1328, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Disola (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well you know your forms(err I should say form, porc) was just too much for any tranny. So I figured I would never fight you alone. Since it was basicaly pointless..I would a=have lost everytime. I remember that one time you came for me for about 5 hours. Though I don't think the odds were insane. It was me and Annalena for the most point. Maybe Ambrose was there. I don't remember. But I learned the hard way.. having wimpy at 400 hp and pounce is the worse move around. not even sure why my wimpy was that high. But oh well. I was actually hoping to age die. I know I wasn't far.. I had 500+ hours..but then you go off and find me the second after I request something! ARGGGGGG
heeeeeeeeee...but the one thing I'' say along with everyone else is that you had some balls(or female version)..you would come to fight and just keep on fighting..usually alone for a bit. Great job and you are a big loss...I was going to quit after Dissy as well. But I'm back...

Dissy

1329, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Mmmm...don't believe you or Lokilith had pounce...
1330, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by disola (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm talking about the same day you and lok were told to kill me. Outisde the fortress, I kept fleeing and you kept poucning..heeeee...though to say anything you two were persitant!

dissy
1327, I can not believe someone remembered me
Posted by Duasgel (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You where... amasing as a player and as a pker
I'd often sit back at the computer and just wonder, what the hell is going through her little head, because you just had so many little schemes running as far as I could tell. And thanks for believing I had balls I would have stayed around longer but right when I entered that Storm Giant Paladin range and all the wrath spamming paladins noticed me and thought I was an easy target, so they would come at me two or three at a time I just kinda got burned out

but just so you know you are the reason I rolled a scion mage

take it easy eh
1326, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Astirath (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the hot and steamy memories. A bard and defense major can pull off some crazy victories in the face of insurmountable looking odds.
1324, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Caslandrien (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done Lokilith. It was fun fighting you, although you always kicked my butt..i tried fighting you solo a few times. (Alligator/porcupine)

By the way, I have always tried good roleplaying but never even been close to obtaining a quest form. What did you do to obtain yours?

Good luck with your next, and have a good summer.

1325, Actually....
I've never really ever directly gone after immteraction with any characters outside of empowerment and in one or two cases where I went after tattoos. In Lokilith's case, I think it was mainly the fact that I was one of VERY few evil heroes to be active and survive at all through late February and early March, so naturally if the immortals wanted to watch any sort of alignment-based interactions at all they'd have to look to me at least once and a while. I stuck to my character through everything and was pretty successful considering the situation. I finally sent a one-liner to Valguarnera right after Maymunah deleted essentially stating that if he wanted a Chancellor who was going to do something for Scion, he'd better choose me. Within 10 minutes I had the job. From there I continued to stick it out and do what I could. Somehow I guess I caught Scarabaeus's eye and he came to me with the 'Disola quest' that essentially amounted to me having to knock off one of the Warlock's most-logged-in characters. I never asked for a quest form or even hinted at one simply because I feel kind of cheap asking the imms out of the blue for anything whether it be quests, prizes or just immteraction. I've always found, with all of my characters, that two things consistently will end up rewarding your character in time, if you are patient enough. First, you just have to stick to a character, never go ooc and develop his role and have him or her live that role. The second thing that worked for me is that my characters have always been somewhat different from the rest of the characters comprising the playerbase at the time. For instance, with Lokilith I was the first real defense/offense 'muter to hit the hero ranks and I was able to make a big impression with some tough forms before the rest of Thera really caught up. Also, the fact that she was one of the few evils around made her much more visible than she would have been during the times when evils have dominated the game. I guess it isn't something you plan, but when opportunities present themselves you have to jump at them and if you stick to your character it should come naturally.

I guess another thing that might have aided at least with the quest form is that I absolutely HATE groups at hero levels. I cringe when I go to Hell or exploring elsewhere with groups, and I hate massive raiding parties. I figure I don't have enough patience for them or something (which was pretty obvious to many who traveled with me and watched me completely botch group raids because I liked to simply run in without formulating any sort of team strategy). So what ends up happening is that unless I need to be in a group I fly solo most of the time. When you aren't in a big mass of people you tend to stand out, as well, and since I always get a little rush out of hitting tough odds, had plenty of opportunity for it and I had great forms with Lok for doing it with some success, I likely stuck out for immortals who watched the cabal fights.

I'm not certain what is is that got me on Scarabaeus's and Valguarnera's good sides, you may want to ask them.
1322, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ahh yes, the one thing I remember from that conversation was "What is your favorite color?". I was like, huh, that's an interesting question.

Yes. We did not interact very much, if at all, but I did watch you, and you were very well played. Knowing who you were when you inducted Zulghinlour, that doesn't surprise me at all.

Good luck in the fields.
1323, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Mmm...I remember the color question. I also asked about mothers' names, hometown names and hobbies other than black magics. I asked ones like it a couple times after Istendil and Eriwal posted that they liked to ask off the wall questions at times to see how the applicants would respond. It was actually pretty interesting to note that when I asked it, easily 9 of the 10 applicants answered 'black'. The one applicant who really drew any sort of interest from me was the one who answered 'blue', though I can't for the life of me remember why.

Nonetheless, I never pulled out the off-the-wall questioning with Lok since it really wasn't her style.

Maybe I'll see you later, Z.
1321, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Greil (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah fighting you was fun, i had the same thing going, my forms could take down about any other transmuter out there, but yours and mine were so similar it was just a clash, and a pain int eh butt, enjoyed fighting you though, was always tryingt o draw you into a conversation to get you to change your ways, dont know if you ever noticed that. heh kinda funny my forms suited me well, though i had wanted mongoose and jaguar for exploring, i ended up getting the exact opposite, the ultimate pking combo...great job with the char
1319, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Karnavex (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damned your passing will leave a hole. Lok seemed to
have a certin force in her persona that caused others
to rally in her presence. I most admired what you
had pulled the cabal through with the lack of worthy
aid at the Chancellor positions, and your take on what
the true vision of our cabal was. Well hell, there is
a lot more I want to say but that will have to wait till
some things pan out. I will keep in mind our last talks
and see where the cabal progresses. See you in the fields.
1320, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Karnavex, I was very impressed with your character. You were one of the few in Scion who was really playing to realize Scion's goals, not just 'be evil'. Your role was intriguing and I think you have tons of potential for yourself and for the cabal if you keep on truckin'. Thanks for your interactions.
1318, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Elsindai (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even the tough one die it seems. You did a hell of a job, both with scions as a leader, as a mean ass evil roleplayer and as a PK-er. The times we interacted was some of the best roleplay time I have had with Elsindai and I did feel somewhat bad about not continuing our talks, but truth be told, I lost the will to play El. Both due to another project but also because of the lack of fighting as an uncabaled. Now he is in semi-limbo, used only for mapping and exploring.

Very good job on Loki, I've seen you from more than one angel and always been impressed.

The Player behind Elsindai
1314, RE: Lokilith
Posted by Scarabaeus (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I had fun; we'll have to do it again some time. I'll look for
you in the winter. ;-)

I was torn for a while over the quest reward issue, but finally
decided to reward you for having accomplished the task I gave
you, even if that meant delegating work to others. That's one
of the few times I nearly broke role and wanted to split the
reward between you and Daemelin. I knew those last couple deaths
on Disola would be hard to get, but then, that's why I considered
it a quest.

Good job.
1315, RE: Lokilith
Eh...so why didn't ya? I sure wouldn't have complained *smirk*
1316, RE: Lokilith
> Eh...so why didn't ya? I sure wouldn't have complained *smirk*

He felt sorry for poor little Lokilith, not big rough Daemelin.
1317, RE: Lokilith
Ya, that's a good point... j/k
1313, RE: (DEL) Lokilith the Heroine of Alteration, High Chancellor of Transmutation
Posted by Pohanad (Guest) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yep we had alot of fun fighting and whatnot, you remain one of the few Scions I have had any respect for. Well played and I'll see you in the fields.

Fatty P.
1312, Huge Respect
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
wow...where to start?

Well, I wanted you to know that Aliborni loved fighting you as a character...and I loved fighting you as a player. You were a great talent, and I knew it as Jabez.

I wonder if you remember him. I probably should have stuck with him because he had the potential to turn immortal heads...but I got sickened by the lack of help the non-mage scions had. Nightwalkers were ok, and helped me many times, but not enough. I got bored being the only guy who would actually raid for the Scepter...without others..and I was only in my low 30's. It was an awesome character, one whose idea I may use again. Anyway, Just wanted to share my respect for you.

Minyar aka Aliborni, Jabez, Chalin