Subject: "Nebodga's Done" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90449
Show all folders

trewynMon 15-Feb-10 09:15 AM
Member since 04th Jan 2005
269 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#90449, "Nebodga's Done"

This is the third time I've tried to write this... hopefully my computer won't crash this time and I can finish it.

Third time I've tried this role, third time it kind of sucked. You'll notice a glaring similarity between Neboja Grumm and Nebodga Grumm. Without enough allies I couldn't backstab enough people to make me look evil, so I ended up being a neutral with a red aura, and that blows. But this time I told myself I'd get to hero at least since I've never had a hero transmuter. This is probably the last outlander I'll ever play as well. I don't know if it's because of the purge, or what. But I basically felt like no one cared. I got my last name because I was an unholy terror to my PK range in the 30's. And that was a blast. I made the mistake of ranking out of it, because that was not fun. No enemies, no allies. Boring. Hero range sucks. After a while, the only interactions I got were the insult contests between people. (Which by the way, if I sent you one of those tells saying how pathetic you were, it was more or less a compliment). Most of my enemies were alright, even if they were guild sitting pansies

Basically I was the only outlander on when I'm awake (which is usually very very early in the morning) and I had six or seven tribunal enemies. Normally that's the exact situation I love, being one against the whole PK range. But between deafen and manacles it became an exercise in futility and ended up only frustrating me. And the point of a game is to have fun, not get frustrated. After I explored all the areas I wanted to, I ran out of stuff to do. I was hoping someone would eventually kill me, but I figured out that no one could unless I let them. Meyvian (I think I spelled it right) and Fwipplethunt came the closest and I thought Nog was going to when he bashed me and cheapshotted me. My link had died and in the brief moment while it was down, my bash protections fell and I didn't know.

I never found my rods, except for my sienna. And this is the funny part. EVERY neo-transmuter I've ever played has had that same sienna spot. That's the 3rd time in a row. But no amber and no black. Which didn't really phase me. I kind of liked having the non-sleeks cause they can't get stolen. And believe it or not, I got MOST of my kills without using wands. Typically all I would use were my transmuter spells and arcane absorption until I got to hero and started doing retarded things for fun. Every now and then, I'd slap on a aura. But I couldn't even use barrier until level 43. I was really frustrated with a few mage players that would ONLY fight if they had EVERY SINGLE prep known to man. But like it says in my role, fear is a terrible thing to be afflicted with.

Enemies

Empire - For ####s sake, raid god dammit! I'm the only outlander on. You are SIX people deep. #### I'm bored. SOMEONE RAID THE GODDAMN TREE! Okay... got that out of my system.

Tribunal - See above.

Fwipplethunt - Mean conjurer. I'm still disappointed I didn't get you. I was SOOOO mad I had to disappear for a while.

Arlettien - You were a swell guy. Really! I got such a positive impact from our one and only fight that you made it into my role. Good job!

Lamayinn - Deafen is over powered. It would work the first or second try, ALWAYS. I NEVER got that kind of results from scrolls of a near hero power. Deafen and dispel magic seem to be unaffected by save vs spell. VERY annoying. 12 hours long too.

Zaknyl and Irinam - Fun fights. Do something different! Neurological disruption didn't work the first sixteen times. Maybe it will the seventeenth! I'm happy you finally did something different in that last fight Zaknyl. If I hadn't been chasing that thief, that fight would've been VERY different.

Moka and Racran - Thank god you actually came out of Hamsah to fight me. I was beginning to think they neutered all Tribunal applicants before induction.

Adarmar - True warmaster style. I hope you make emperor.

Ckath - Not much interactions with you, but the fact that all our fights leaned your way should say something. Given enough time I probably could've worked out a style to kill either one of you. In Nebodga's eyes you two are replicas, arial daggers.

Damgril - The enforcer?!? I was alone. Did my reputation really scare you THAT much?

Melememelem - It was fun to fight you at first. Then you got black sanc and it became pointless as I could neither do enough damage and hold you still at the same time before you would word. Stumbling on to you in the desert was the best thing I could've done to kill you, and even then I knew I'd need help.

Allies

Qaztou - I liked you. The only one my role worked on. My role was to be evil, but give out shinies and knowledge to make allies and you played into that hand nicely. I could've killed you twice in Darsylon but I let you go on account of our conversation. Look at the log and you'll see me twiddling my thumbs to give you time to run away. All in all, I hope you put to use that stuff I showed you.

Heclok - First friend. Even though you don't know all that much about rangers, don't let that stop you. I liked how you didn't rely on being in the wilds to fight. It made you look tuff! And if you've ever read the outsiders, you know that tuff is better than tough.

Jenella - All positive. Can't come up with a negative. That time in Yzekon was the most fun I've had exploring in a LONG time. That was my first time in there (I actually didn't know where it was believe it or not).

Isingald - Your bland style of role play kind of threw me off. The way you'd talk about how easy it was to save vs spells, using the word save, kind of left a bleh taste in my mouth. But in the end you kind of toned it down, plus you knew your stuff and that was cool. Didn't really learn much from you though, just so you know. You can only explore the elven vaults so many times before acting surprised gets old though. So I can understand how you feel.

Faarifior - Darkest elder nightreaver? Huh? What was all that about? I grew to like it though, so I'd give you shinies. If you'd been around when I was going to delete I'd probably have given you some more.

In the end, Nebodga became less fun to play than he was annoying, and I was working on some other roles I wanted to play. So I'll be back in a few days after I wash Nebodga off of me and polish up a new role! Thanks for the fun all!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNebodga's Done [View all] , trewyn, Mon 15-Feb-10 09:15 AM
Reply RE: Nebodga's Done, Jenella (Guest), 18-Feb-10 06:56 PM, #9
Reply I wouldn't say mean., Fwipplethunt (Guest), 15-Feb-10 09:28 PM, #7
Reply IF I had redirected to you ..., trewyn, 16-Feb-10 10:42 AM, #8
Reply Just one point, incognito, 15-Feb-10 07:07 PM, #6
Reply RE: Nebodga's Done, Rennec (Guest), 15-Feb-10 06:40 PM, #5
Reply RE: Nebodga's Done, Ising (Guest), 15-Feb-10 01:14 PM, #3
Reply RE: Nebodga's Done, Irinam (Guest), 15-Feb-10 12:29 PM, #2
Reply I have an unhealthy fear of transmuters...., Ckath (Guest), 15-Feb-10 10:01 AM, #1
     Reply Yeah, sphere Sloth, trewyn, 15-Feb-10 03:06 PM, #4
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90449 Previous topic | Next topic