Subject: "RE: Actually I had no problems with berserkers..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36725
Show all folders

Vershelt (inactive user)Tue 05-Apr-05 07:40 PM
Charter member
#36785, "RE: Actually I had no problems with berserkers..."

This will be my last post on your battlefield thread, no need to hijack as they say. While I will make a few comments below different sections of your post, suffice it to say we'll just have to agree to disagree. It was clear to me that you the player were upset because you believe you know better how to be a berserker, or villager, and you wanted to lecture berserkers. Which you went ahead and did.

>Until they tried to constantly kill me. And as is Brumbalin's
>role, since he cannot fight anyone is to talk a great amount
>of drunken crap. He did it to everyone, you were on the
>receiving end of a normal day of Brumblin'.
>
>As a side comment. How is it that I don't know whats going on
>in Tribunal. I was in Tribunal.
>

Being in tribunal doesn't tell you anything at all about what is going on in battle, even when it may concern how battle treats tribunal.

>Brumbalin is part of the CF world, and although having an
>intelligence of 13, he knew basic lore. Berserker villagers
>are the most powerful warriors of the land, embracing honor
>and hatred of magic, and that they fight magic and magic
>users, everyone else should be pitied. That is basic lore of
>the village, and thats all Brumbalin talked about. I didn't
>talk about tablet commandment 3 or 4, or plaque rule 9.
>

Actually, nothing in the village (or very little) actually talks about honor. That's another Jinroh thing. It has pretty much always been about courage. Again, it's your take on things and your player's point of view. Certainly Brumbalin wouldn't care if others were either honorable or courageous, as he was neither.

>Brumbalin took what he knew of village lore as Brumbalin, and
>whipped it into words of shame to try to get you to leave him
>alone. Its you as a player who is freaking out, getting all
>bent out of shape because I as a player have a character that,
>because of your actions, came to the same conclusion as me as
>a player, thus reenforcing my player views. You need to step
>away and unwrap yourself from your character. You are not a
>beautiful and unique snowflake.

Nobody is freaking out, at least not until your post. Your character didn't come to conclusions, you brought them. I'm not going to defend other berserkers who behaved wrongly - I'm the one who uninducted them both by the way, so it's somewhat amusing that you feel you need to argue to me how bad they were - but you are unwilling to accept the idea that there are perfectly good reasons for berserkers doing what you complain of, and that the simple fact of "a berserker attacked me!" != bad roleplay by that berserker.

>
>I never picked a fight with a villager, nor ever could, as my
>skill list states. Brumbalin didn't want any conflict, because
>he knew he could not handle it. At no time did I ever even
>talk the bad stuff to a villager until they attempted to kill
>me without provication. Berserkers that will remain nameless
> Btwrn) said, "But you attacked me first" or "You raided the
>village and tried to take the head" or "if you don't duel me
>I'm going to kill you" or "your a coward (well that one was
>right)" or "you full looted me last week" or "You killed this
>villager so you are going to die" or my favorite, "Its because
>we are at war with Tribunal". Every single one of the above
>reasons given to kill Brumbalin were bold faced, power gamer
>lies just because berserkers were bored and wanted to kill
>someone on late at night. Brumbalin was attacked on numerous
>occasions in a Galadon city that was empty except for him.
>

Again, I won't defend others (though I'm not going to just take your word for what they said to you or whether you had not, indeed, attacked them, either alone or in a group, it's not something I can check obviously) but at the very least the last statement is perfectly fine. Why wouldn't they attack you if you are at war? And as a former leader you should know that just because only one side thinks they are at war or somehow in conflict does not make it any less true. So no, they were not all lies. And I know that's a fact because I killed you for a perfectly good reason.

>You are given skills that to me did 700 points of damage to me
>in a parting blow. Do you think, as a player, its right that
>you can literally kill a normal warrior in one deathblow and
>one hit? I mean, come on, do you have any "fairness" nerves in
>your body, or are you just that much of a lover of power
>gaming?
>

Do you think it's right that are given a skill that can flat out kill any pre-20 character, despite you being a hero? WANTED is overpowered! All of which is beside the point and a topic for the gameplay board. I think you're wrong, but this is not the place for that discussion.

>I'm sorry if my opinion tastes bad for you. I found other
>berserkers, Tuggluk and Jeha, simply awesome. I found others
>less appealing. If there has been some huge policy change, I
>cannot wait to hear about it. If you are now at war with
>Tribunal, that would be good to hear too (granted I would know
>about it because Brumbalin was in TRIBUNAL). But I highly
>doubt that the fact judging by what happened to another Cloud
>giant Berserker and Grraruk. Both who got uninducted for doing
>what other Btwrns did, and are doing right now. And despite
>all what you said, you did not come up with one good reason
>for attacking Brumbalin over and over and over. Tell us why
>does a berserker villager continually attack a peaceful
>Tribunal warrior who is sitting in town alone with no mages
>about at all?
>

As I said, I'm the one who did the uninducted on both counts. Sometimes killing a dwarf tribunal in the city is right. Sometimes it's not. Knowing the difference is all the game. And let's stop with the hyperbole. I did not attack Brumbalin over and over and over. It was one session, and all within about 25 minutes realtime, and all part of one situation. In total I'd say there were three, maybe four engagements where I'd attack, you'd flee, you'd come and try to manacle, I'd redirect, etc. And as I mentioned last night, it started because I was fighting that gnome mage, who I did kill. So really, lay off.

>As for your percentages and trying to bring me down and the
>imms down. Just poor form man. Poor form. I wonder what your
>percentage would be? *chuckle*

Nothing I said brought imms down. And I didn't bring you down, I said you let your personal problems with berserkers leak into your otherwise terrific character. I stand by that.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brumbalin Clubfoot the Bumblin' Sl... [View all] , Brumbalin (Guest), Tue 05-Apr-05 08:37 AM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brumbalin Clubfoot the Bumblin..., Crenton (Guest), 12-Apr-05 10:53 AM, #60
Reply You did make me laugh with the taxes., Desmonn_Kinnt (Anonymous), 12-Apr-05 10:01 AM, #59
Reply I want my ten gold back from yer ale divin' stubby pack..., Nargrim (Guest), 09-Apr-05 07:46 AM, #58
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brumbalin Clubfoot the Bumblin..., Lorinelaette (Guest), 06-Apr-05 03:48 PM, #50
Reply Brumbalin Syndrome., Brumbalin (Guest), 06-Apr-05 10:35 PM, #55
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brumbalin Clubfoot the Bumblin..., Varun (Guest), 06-Apr-05 11:56 AM, #49
Reply Question for Brumbalin/Jinroh:, Vershellt (Guest), 06-Apr-05 04:07 PM, #51
Reply Yes I have played at least five of them..., Brumbalin (Guest), 06-Apr-05 09:58 PM, #52
     Reply I know who you are., The Forsaken (Guest), 06-Apr-05 10:26 PM, #53
     Reply Ha. In his face., Lhydia, 07-Apr-05 10:06 PM, #57
Reply As for you., Brumbalin (Guest), 06-Apr-05 10:27 PM, #54
     Reply RE: As for you., Varun (Guest), 07-Apr-05 05:20 PM, #56
Reply The pain!, Onirakoth, 06-Apr-05 11:15 AM, #47
Reply Well, I found Brum intresting, Iborenn (Guest), 05-Apr-05 04:07 PM, #29
Reply Of most races, dark elves seemed to be immune to my box..., Brumbalin (Guest), 05-Apr-05 04:55 PM, #33
Reply OUTSTANDING! Have a few questions, hope you can answer...., Noelani (Guest), 05-Apr-05 12:09 PM, #21
Reply Answers., Brumbalin (Guest), 05-Apr-05 04:58 PM, #34
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brumbalin Clubfoot the Bumblin..., Ghearden (Guest), 05-Apr-05 11:44 AM, #20
Reply The bottom of the food chain!, Obbe (Guest), 05-Apr-05 11:34 AM, #19
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brumbalin Clubfoot the Bumblin..., Vershelt (Anonymous), 05-Apr-05 11:16 AM, #17
Reply You touch on a good point, Tahren, 05-Apr-05 11:31 AM, #18
Reply Character handicaps, Aarn, 05-Apr-05 01:47 PM, #22
Reply Along these lines...., Alarian, 05-Apr-05 02:01 PM, #23
Reply Very nice post., Valguarnera, 05-Apr-05 02:29 PM, #24
Reply I agree with both you and Aarn, Vershelt (Anonymous), 05-Apr-05 03:46 PM, #28
     Reply You are working under one huge wrong assumption., Brumbalin (Guest), 05-Apr-05 04:47 PM, #31
     Reply Some people avoid Imm interaction., Pro-man (Guest), 05-Apr-05 08:20 PM, #40
Reply Here is my problem with Brumbalin., Enbuergo1 (Guest), 05-Apr-05 02:42 PM, #25
     Reply Huh?, Valguarnera, 05-Apr-05 02:52 PM, #26
     Reply I would have welcomed that, would have been fun n/t, Brumbalin (Guest), 05-Apr-05 04:49 PM, #32
Reply Actually I had no problems with berserkers..., Brumbalin (Guest), 05-Apr-05 04:38 PM, #30
Reply RE: Actually I had no problems with berserkers..., Vershelt (Anonymous), 05-Apr-05 07:40 PM #39
     Reply Couple things for you to read., Brumbalin (Guest), 05-Apr-05 10:55 PM, #43
          Reply I can barely believe you are real, August (Guest), 06-Apr-05 07:40 AM, #44
               Reply Give me someone that adds ic any day, Daurwyn (Guest), 06-Apr-05 10:38 AM, #45
               Reply Very simple solution to your problem, A2, 06-Apr-05 11:55 AM, #48
Reply I'd also like to add.., Arvam, 05-Apr-05 06:03 PM, #38
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brumbalin Clubfoot the Bumblin..., nepenthe, 05-Apr-05 09:27 PM, #41
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brumbalin Clubfoot the Bumblin..., Vershellt (Guest), 05-Apr-05 09:49 PM, #42
          Reply I agree with the "hook" thing, Daurwyn (Guest), 06-Apr-05 10:41 AM, #46
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brumbalin Clubfoot the Bumblin..., Cytherea (Guest), 05-Apr-05 10:44 AM, #16
Reply I had a sneaking suspicion right from the beginning..., Brumbalin (Guest), 05-Apr-05 05:04 PM, #37
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brumbalin Clubfoot the Bumblin..., Sessha (Guest), 05-Apr-05 10:43 AM, #15
Reply Damn forgot to throw you in there Sessha., Brumbalin (Guest), 05-Apr-05 03:43 PM, #27
Reply Why I need to shut up. :), Alarian, 05-Apr-05 09:43 AM, #14
Reply Grogtok the AP Tribunal, Wilhath, 05-Apr-05 09:37 AM, #13
Reply Hysterical Character, Amaranthe, 05-Apr-05 09:25 AM, #12
Reply Nothing ruined at all., Brumbalin (Guest), 05-Apr-05 05:02 PM, #36
Reply Terribly amazing., Israhiaz (Guest), 05-Apr-05 09:00 AM, #11
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brumbalin Clubfoot the Bumblin..., Faelria (Guest), 05-Apr-05 08:50 AM, #10
Reply Give me a break Brumbalin!, Ghrulkar (Guest), 05-Apr-05 06:20 AM, #9
Reply Aw man, Aarn, 05-Apr-05 08:36 AM, #8
Reply The STAFF!, Brumbalin (Guest), 05-Apr-05 05:00 PM, #35
Reply Awesomely played., Bajula, 05-Apr-05 08:23 AM, #7
Reply Brumbalin was fun., Atohner (Guest), 05-Apr-05 08:10 AM, #6
Reply Oh man..., Cowren (Guest), 05-Apr-05 07:01 AM, #5
Reply Funny stuff, Lycand (Guest), 05-Apr-05 06:24 AM, #4
Reply Props to ya man, excelent rp. And damn funny aswell, Judaao Britala (Guest), 05-Apr-05 05:52 AM, #3
Reply Seems the best roleplayer, I've ever met., Asfas (Guest), 05-Apr-05 04:41 AM, #2
Reply Thumbs up!, Zheairth (Guest), 05-Apr-05 04:40 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36725 Previous topic | Next topic