Subject: "Another one down..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26239
Show all folders

Drezulok (Guest)Mon 12-Apr-04 07:52 PM

#26259, "Another one down..."

Hadn't played a necromancer in about 5 or so years, so I decided to try my luck with another. For the most part, I enjoyed playing the character, despite numerous occaisions when it became readily apparent that most of the playerbase lives with the impression that the mud revolves around them and their perspective. My biggest problem was the conflicting suggestions I received from various Imms/Mobs concerning how I should go about finishing what I started, and I don't think any of them coincided beyond the location I was supposed to seek for the becoming.

Players:

First and foremost, Janakt. Very well played, and an absolute thrill to fight, simply because you were one of the only players that offered me a significant challenge one on one. I didn't even bother logging the time I collected on your warrant, simply because I handled it as a matter of necessity and not something, I as a player, particularly enjoyed taking advantage of.

Kaplanov: Great character. Why you remain a magistrate when you are a significant part of Tribunal, I don't know. The Immortal involvement with the cabal is quite a bit more than lacking in regard to providing the cabal with competent, skilled leadership. I give you credit for remaining a part of it despite the weak leadership and even weaker "eldership."

Nynncynno: Always an enjoyment having you around. Most people that managed to irritate us ended up dead. I don't know if you knew that i had little respect for imperials, but your character was one of the few that I offered my respect to out of principal, and not merely recognition of the value of having allies.

Odrirg/Daemar: The former...should never have been a vindicator. You need to be competent to hunt, and as far as I saw, in a couple hundred hours in the Spire...you only left the city to hunt out of range criminals that you allowed your guards to slaughter. The latter...weak, on all fronts. I was tempted to kill you the moment I got into your range, but held off when some Imm or another called me to the Spire to promote me. After you booted me, I looked for you as often as I could, but never once saw you outside of the cities, and wasn't foolish enough to allow myself to get wanted and manacled..

Nilki: Keep on keepin on. A deserving vindicator, much more so than the few fools who were elected to positions above your own current one. Hopefully some Tribunal Imms come to their senses and stop promoting clueless fools. I rolled the character when Agarah and Kelrizza were a part of the spire, thinking I was entering a cabal with competent leadership. I was wrong.

Mulshinay: Consider yourself fortunate.

Lochzan: An impressive character, but you lost all of my character's respect by whining to Daemar like a petulant child. As I stated above, the game extends far beyond the limited perspective of your character.

Grurk: I was pissed when you Immorted, simply because it marked the end of competent abitlity within the spire, in the hero ranges.

Empire: Talabrina, kudos. Drudental, you need to learn patience.

Gulthruck: Thanks.

Yanacek: Thanks.

Others: Tulvaluthian, post the log of that gank against me? So much for anti-magic shield preventing magical attacks, though I was prepared for the iceneedles. Had I had a clue that my preps were insufficient, I probably would have used the 3 gazillion rods you looted from me. I think I tried near 8-9 different preps, items, etc, to avoid neuro, but as you bore witness, none of them worked. None. Also, landing spells against a well geared invoker with a 4 rank advantage was a bitch, and might have factored in my inability to resist the neuro's thrown at me by Gradaelus and a few others.

Jyslin: A good allie, and a fun enemy. Summoning you was more a matter of making a preemptive defensive strike (having just fought the fortress) than an attempt to betray your trust. I tried to reinforce that later, when I had Pombe to myself, but at that point, I don't think you had any interest in what predicated the previous circumstances. Much the same as my comments to Tulvaluthian, landing spells against a well geared healer with 4 ranks was just a bitch. Well done, and luck in the future.

I'm sure there are others who I killed/mouthed off to/travelled with, but I don't feel like sitting here typing anything else, so thanks for the interactions.

Drezulok/Cartherlen

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [None] Drezulok the Spectre [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 12-Apr-04 11:28 AM
Reply Question...., Agarah (Guest), 12-Apr-04 10:15 PM, #8
Reply You replacements. nt, Drezulok (Guest), 12-Apr-04 11:10 PM, #12
     Reply Ah cool. From what I heard about you. I thought you wou..., Agarah (Guest), 12-Apr-04 11:21 PM, #13
Reply Another one down..., Drezulok (Guest), 12-Apr-04 07:52 PM #2
Reply RE: Another one down..., Lochzan, 12-Apr-04 08:17 PM, #3
Reply RE: Another one down..., Drezulok (Guest), 12-Apr-04 08:38 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Another one down..., Lochzan, 12-Apr-04 08:41 PM, #7
Reply We had a few good brawls..., Lathan (Guest), 12-Apr-04 08:30 PM, #4
Reply I hated..., Drezulok (Guest), 12-Apr-04 08:39 PM, #6
Reply RE: Another one down..., Baaleesha (Guest), 12-Apr-04 10:33 PM, #9
Reply Well..., Odrirg (Guest), 12-Apr-04 10:53 PM, #10
Reply A brief response..., Drezulok (Guest), 12-Apr-04 11:24 PM, #15
     Reply Now I understand, A former SMUG (Guest), 13-Apr-04 12:15 AM, #16
          Reply RE: Now I understand, Isildur, 13-Apr-04 12:45 AM, #17
          Reply You made me laugh. Thanks, I needed that. nt, Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 01:11 AM, #18
Reply RE: Another one down..., Velkurah, 12-Apr-04 10:54 PM, #11
Reply seconded, Baendraa (Guest), 13-Apr-04 04:13 AM, #20
Reply Sorry I missed you..., Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 10:13 AM, #24
Reply Or..., Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 03:49 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Or..., Straklaw, 13-Apr-04 04:15 PM, #31
     Reply Hey, close the window or you might lose the point., Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 05:22 PM, #32
     Reply There are always consequences for you actions., General_Malaise, 14-Apr-04 01:36 PM, #34
          Reply Your argument..., Drezulok (Guest), 14-Apr-04 05:58 PM, #36
Reply RE: Another one down..., Janakt (Guest), 12-Apr-04 11:23 PM, #14
Reply RE: Another one down..., Sostun (Guest), 13-Apr-04 01:17 AM, #19
Reply I know what you mean about Gradaelus, Baendraa (Guest), 13-Apr-04 04:17 AM, #21
Reply The more I think about it..., Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 10:17 AM, #25
     Reply I think you are right, Baendraa (Guest), 13-Apr-04 10:55 AM, #28
Reply RE: Another one down..., Paktoouf (Guest), 13-Apr-04 08:05 AM, #22
Reply Heh, Baldar (Guest), 13-Apr-04 08:41 AM, #23
Reply Oddly enough..., Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 10:20 AM, #26
Reply RE: Another one down..., Grurk Muouk, 13-Apr-04 10:48 AM, #27
Reply RE: Grurk, Drezulok (Guest), 13-Apr-04 03:59 PM, #30
Reply RE: Another one down..., Pombe (Guest), 14-Apr-04 12:13 PM, #33
     Reply Didn't know if I wanted you as an ally or a potential....., Drezulok (Guest), 14-Apr-04 05:54 PM, #35
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Drezulok the Spectre, Tulvaluthian (Guest), 12-Apr-04 01:49 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26239 Previous topic | Next topic