Subject: "I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to us all. (long)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19216
Show all folders

Sylvrin (Guest)Wed 16-Jul-03 02:51 AM

#19223, "I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to us all. (long)"

What can I say about Sylvrin. I loved playing her. She was my 3rd character and only my second over level 20. My second character of any significance. I actually thought I was going to con die. I got a quest from Shokai which I completed and thoroughly enjoyed doing. I wrote a role that was 18 segments long. I won't post it cuz it's a freaking book. But if anyone wants me to I'll email it to you.

Sylvrin was raised up during a unique time in Theran History when the Empire was first forming. I took advantage of that and had her become interested in the new empire while she was young. It was kind of a good strategy because being a goody other goodies never killed her, and being an Imperial wannabe most of the evils left her alone too. And being naturally peaceful she never started any fights. So aside from Drugadath, she didn't have too many enemies to worry about while she was growing up.

Her early years were spent ranking and chatting in the Inn. She loved hearing about the lives of others, because for the first part of her young life she couldn't remember her own childhood. It came back to her bit by bit as things that happened would trigger her memories. When Siorgriend told her she should not associate with Zekasiq and Thornarcrull she sat on a hill watching the moon which triggered a memory of her mother giving her a crescent moon tatoo on her cheek and giving her a calling to be a daughter of the moon. She was a light-bringer and was to bring light to those in darkness. She thought she could do that by befriending and aiding those who were evil. When the Empire turned out to be entirely evil and she knew she would have no place in it, she saw the betrayal and intrigue that turned her from it and to the place where she really belonged...The Fortress.

When Ghuljun became a Lich it triggered another memory that came to her as a dream. She remembered that her father had also become a Lich...and that was why she had suppressed her memories of her childhood for so long. He had been a healer, who turned to the dark magic of necromancy to extend his life so he could live as long as his elven wife. Later he left to seek out the ritual of the Becoming...eventually he killed Sylvrin's mother.

Those are just a couple of the highlights of her life...as I said her story is long and many of you are mentioned in it.

Now to the farewells:
Sheesh where do I begin?

Imms: I LOVE you guys! Thanks for a great game!

Shokai: You are the COOLEST! If I ever learn how to pk I'm rolling a sphere victory Maran just so I can worship you! Thanks for the tasks and the chance at a vitality quest. Please use any of the writings I did in the Hall of Light or wherever you think would be appropriate for them if you feel they are good enough. I loved writing them and learned a ton about the religions by doing them.

Beroxxus/Azuranda: I loved our interactions, too. You are cool. I don't think I could ever play an evil character that would follow you, but it was fun being on the opposite side. Sylvrin swore in her heart and soul you would never dim her spirit.

Calradian: You popped in on me and Andrios once in Hillcrest. You said "hrrrm" and disappeared. I never did figure out what you thought of Sylvrin. She tried to be a good follower of the Kara Chal and was always hoping to get a chance to see you again.

Selric: I prayed to you a few times, probably not often enough, but there was always so much going on in Sylvrin's life and there were many times when it just wasn't safe to make the trip to your shrine. But as I said to Calradian, she tried to be a good follower.

Scarabaeus: Sylvrin was scared of you so when she met you in the Inn at Meladori's party she didn't say much to you. You were a Lich and reminded her of her father so she just kind of kept her distance.

Mortals:

Ashqer: we were there together from the beginning and ended up in the Fort together. Ranking with you was always fun and having you in the Fort was really great...stay strong in the light, Sister.

Andruen: I have no idea what happened to you, but you saved Sylvrin's life when she was just out of the academy when she ran out of food and water after wandering in the desert for hours. We did some ranking together too and Sylvrin had a sweet crush on you for a while.

Copernios: The elven invoker that Sylvrin married on the day he died. The relationship was really sweet and I had a lot of fun with you.

Andrios: The Betrayer. Sylvrin loved you too, but her life was changing very much at that time and she really wanted you to be as strong for the light as she was. When you attacked the Fortress, which was her home, it broke all ties with you and Sylvrin could never forgive you for that.

Darch: Sylvrin met you very early in her life and you asked her if she would be joining the Heralds. I actually considered that for her at times, but she was far too serious a character for the Inn. Thanks for all the drinks, the chats, and the warnings that saved my life sometimes.

Corthy: Sylvrin was your friend from early on too. You were somewhat influential in changing Sylvrin's life. Thanks for the tour of Amaranthe's shrine and showing me all that you did...including how to find the Fortress. Sylvrin was pleased you got that title too, you were a great friend.

Zekasiq: Sylvrin's brother and sister when she was young. She relied on you frequently to keep her safe and warn her of dangers. She was very loyal to you because of that and loved being your scribe.

Aneriasha: Thanks for the beautiful handsewn gowns you gave Sylvrin...I loved having her wear them. We also had a lot of good times talking and relaxing in the Inn. You were always fun to be with and Sylvrin missed you when you left.

Meladori: Thanks for all the good stuff that went on at the Inn. Keep dancing, lovely lady.

Siorgriend: I loved how you would talk to Sylvrin even when she would do nothing but argue with you. Little did you know that much of what you said to her left a lasting impression. I was going to have her join the Fortress eventually, but I wasn't quite ready to when you were around. Had you stayed longer she would have become one of your loyal friends. After she joined the Fortress she spoke highly of you and the influence you had on her life.

Sakard: You had a big influence on Sylvrin too. She respected you a lot when she first met you. But as the Imperial founders began to jocky for power and position, she could tell that you were becoming disloyal to Zekasiq. When you insisted that she write that note to all Therans and sign your name before Zekasiq's, she began to distrust you. It was you who eventually convinced her that the Empire was nothing more than a bunch of evil power mongers who were steeped in backstabbing political agendas. And then we became the enemies that we always should have been.

Vashka: You were a huge influence on Sylvrin too. It was you who first approached her with the idea of becoming an Acolyte. You were fun to run around and hunt with. You often asked Sylvrin to sleep people after you would summon them so you would have a better chance at killing them. That worked fine for us until she became an Acolyte. Then it was up to you to do all the aggresive stuff. I really liked it when Jhanderin said in his Cardinal voice to you when you told Sylvrin to do that same tactic.."No, Vashka this is your work." Or something to that effect.

Gherian: So much fun traveling with you. You were awesome. I'm so glad you got made Imm. I hope you are enjoying it thoroughly.

Elrys: Thanks for giving Sylvrin the opportunity to join the Fortress. It made her life very enjoyable. If I hadn't gotten in I probably would have deleted her because I think I would have gotten bored with her. You play a great Prophet and I love the way you talk. Sorry for all the times I sang nasty songs at your pets though.

Erenthell: You were a great Captain and you made Sylvrin feel so at home and welcomed in the Fortress. I'll never forget the time you told her not to despair if she should fall in battle because you would always make sure she had the things she needed. You kept your word, and so did the many others who made sure she was well equipped and ready to defend the Fort. Thanks for your kind words and many hugs.

Aemelius: As I said in your farewell, I agreed with what Shokai said about you. Much good, some bad. You were a powerful Marshall at first and gained Sylvrin's respect. But there were times that she would report sighting evils and you asked her to engage them and then said you would come to her aid if she needed you to...sometimes when there was two or three of them. Sylvrin never attacked anyone except when defending the Fort or going to retrieve, she was a peaceful person who allowed the Maran to do their job while she did hers. It just seemed like you didn't understand that.

Vorondel: You will be a great Cardinal! Sylvrin really respected you and the talks we had were great! Keep the Light burning bright for whoever might show up at your gates.

Anlon: Well Sylvrin is back in your arms sooner than I expected. (if she isn't with Copernios or Jhanderin, that is) Again...I loved the interactions between Sylvrin and Anlon, really fun stuff.

And last but certainly far from least Jhanderin:
You were the single most influential person in Sylvrin's life. She loved you, she followed you, and she learned SO MUCH from you. Thank you for all you taught her as a character and me as a player.

There were so many many more people that Sylvrin loved and fought, but I tried to mentioned the ones that had the most impact on her life. Most of you that are gone I have responded to your farwells and those of you still living...well I will never go to bed if I mention you all. (it's already 1 am) So please post and I'll respond.

Peace and Light guide you always,
Sylvrin Luna, Singer of Hope, Acolyte of the Golden Sun

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Sylvrin Luna, the Singer of Hope... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 16-Jul-03 12:32 AM
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Sylvrin Luna, the Singer of ..., Erenthell (Guest), 20-Jul-03 12:10 PM, #35
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Sylvrin Luna, the Singer of ..., Sylvrin (Guest), 21-Jul-03 11:41 AM, #36
Reply You made my head hurt., Sarkarian (Guest), 16-Jul-03 08:07 AM, #8
Reply Many reasons why, Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 11:08 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Many reasons why, Sarkarian (Guest), 16-Jul-03 02:00 PM, #19
Reply I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to us a..., Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 02:51 AM #1
     Reply Stats after death, Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 02:54 AM, #2
     Reply Must have been all those sweet rolls...., Falstaff, 16-Jul-03 08:42 AM, #9
     Reply That item, Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 11:15 AM, #13
     Reply RE: Stats after death, Quislet, 16-Jul-03 12:03 PM, #16
          Reply blah, Quid aka Nurwon (Guest), 16-Jul-03 02:34 PM, #20
     Reply A shame..., Grik (Guest), 16-Jul-03 03:26 AM, #3
     Reply RE: A shame..., Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 01:10 PM, #18
     Reply old, seakrou (Guest), 16-Jul-03 04:03 AM, #4
     Reply This is really funny...and you will see why., Jhanderin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 04:03 AM, #5
     Reply RE: This is really funny...and you will see why., Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 04:28 AM, #6
     Reply RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ..., Beroxxus, 16-Jul-03 07:39 AM, #7
     Reply surprised to find myself in here :p, Scarabaeus, 16-Jul-03 09:15 AM, #10
     Reply You asked for it, Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 11:55 PM, #33
     Reply Fantastic, Zepachu, 16-Jul-03 10:19 AM, #11
     Reply RE: Fantastic, Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 06:42 PM, #27
     Reply RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ..., Beer, 16-Jul-03 11:48 AM, #14
     Reply RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ..., Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 12:05 PM, #17
     Reply Aww, shucks., Elrys (Guest), 16-Jul-03 11:50 AM, #15
     Reply finally kicked the bucket eh?, Trinthos (Guest), 16-Jul-03 02:40 PM, #21
     Reply RE: finally kicked the bucket eh?, Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 03:45 PM, #23
     Reply RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ..., Corthy Wick (Guest), 16-Jul-03 02:59 PM, #22
     Reply RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ..., Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 03:59 PM, #24
     Reply Ahh crap, Vorondel (Guest), 16-Jul-03 05:54 PM, #25
     Reply And it's that attitude..., Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 06:22 PM, #26
     Reply Oh and Zacharyn!, Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 07:10 PM, #28
     Reply Now you can cuddle in peace, Folorad, 16-Jul-03 10:40 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Now you can cuddle in peace, Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 11:35 PM, #31
     Reply Nice job., Lightmaged (Guest), 16-Jul-03 10:44 PM, #30
     Reply RE: Nice job., Sylvrin (Guest), 16-Jul-03 11:43 PM, #32
     Reply RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ..., Ashqer (Guest), 19-Jul-03 03:44 AM, #34
     Reply RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ..., Sylvrin (Guest), 21-Jul-03 11:55 AM, #37
          Reply RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ..., Ashqer (Guest), 30-Jul-03 12:18 PM, #39
     Reply RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ..., Gorthalon, 23-Jul-03 03:01 PM, #38
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19216 Previous topic | Next topic