Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Sylvrin Luna, the Singer of Hope, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=19216
19216, (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Sylvrin Luna, the Singer of Hope, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jul 16 00:31:08 2003

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Sylvrin perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:499
PK Ratio:4% (closer to 100% is better)

19493, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Sylvrin Luna, the Singer of Hope, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Erenthell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I like you for the same reason I like Aemelius. I could tell you were both in love with the idea of the Fortress. You weren't the best player in terms of mechanics, but I was fond of you because I knew you loved the light. That to the player of Erenthell, is more important to me than knowing how to go through the silent tower or where all the barrier wands are. Getting 'into' the character. This is as opposed to people who breeze through level 51 characters in weeks and then delete, Dugruain for example.
19519, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Sylvrin Luna, the Singer of Hope, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
Posted by Sylvrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wish we could have travelled more together towards the end, Erenthell. I really really liked your character. And as a player, I think you would have seen an increased understanding on my part of tactics and such.

On the other hand, what you commented on, the fact that Sylvrin truly loved the Fortress was much more importatnt for me as a player to portray. When I play a "keeper" character, I put a lot of thought, imagination, and heart into her, or at least I try to. If I didn't do that, I just wouldn't have any fun playing. Because for me (and I'm not saying whether this is good or bad, it's just me) the enjoyable part of the game isn't learning how to kill every thing that moves, or where all the cool eq, preps etc are...those things are just there to help my gal survive long enough to have an interesting life. The challenge for me is to make a character that truly "lives" and affects the lives of those around her for better or worse. Learning to Pk and to survive is certainly a necessary part of that, but not the most important part in my book.

I'm looking forward to future interactions with you, and I'm sure they will come soon.
19243, You made my head hurt.
Posted by Sarkarian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For me, Sylvrin was a character who was loved by many...I didn't quite fall into that category. Liked would be a better term. I guess my problem, and it was "mine", was that you almost always were distracted by something...people talking with you, gods interacting, or bright shiny objects. Many times I could not get a response from you...normally not a worrisome thing, but much of it occurred when you were supposed to be maintaing songs to keep myself/others from harm.

Sylvrin could rp. She had guts and class. I would say however, if you are acting as a support class, better attention could be given. I do remember you mentioning that it was difficult to keep up with raids because of the massed information scrolling on your screen, perhaps this was the problem in some cases.

What I shall remember is me defending against several, and asking for some songs and you....just stood there. After they finished picking through my corpse and I walked by you, you asked what happened to me.
*sigh*

I liked Sylvrin...but that was another story unfolding.

Good luck with whatever you do. I hope you continue to grow and maintain your zeal.

Sarkarian
19251, Many reasons why
I liked Sarkarian a lot and I truly am sorry if anything I did or did not do caused your character to die. It was one thing I tried not to let happen, but I did make many mistakes. For one thing I'm a lousy typist and would typo things a lot, or hit the wrong macro function key.

One thing I found very frustrating was communicating with hidden characters. Someone whispers "blah blah". Then you never really know if they are still in the same room with you when you respond. I liked it when you, Ildareen , Jirash, and Anlon would step out of the shadows to speak to me...you were much more likely to get an answer that way. And there were SOOO many times when I would be talking to a sneaky elf, thief, or assassin then look around and notice that I was talking to myself because they had walked away unnoticed.

Another thing I found very, very annoying and frustrating about being a bard is that you have to keep those protective songs sung ALL the time to keep yourself protected, then two seconds after you sing a song like Resisting someone walks in and asks you to sing the same song for them. And you simply can't do it again for however many hours. Galadriel is the only protection song that you can sing on request at any given time. I honestly think that needs to be changed.

That sense of distraction that you saw came from lots of sources. IC I was sending and recieving a lot of tells all the time. I wrote lots and lots of notes and role add ons. I would usually write those outside the game and then paste them in game. Doing that makes it so you can't do anything with your character while the note or role add is scrolling on the screen as it is getting pasted in line by line...much like the lag that happens when you do a request. I also read all the notes that were sent to me, sometimes as many as 30 and average of 8 to 10, per session. Also having my client screen set to only 20 lines meant that I would miss what people would say to me a lot of times. Now that it's set to 45 lines I am much better able to keep abreast of what's happening. I wish I had fixed that months ago.

OOC I was answering the phone, talking to my daughter, running to answer the door, responding to my husband, etc. I tried to keep those RL things from interfering when I was traveling with a group, but they often did interfere when I was sitting in the Fortress or Inn. I died to afk situations quite a number of times.

The fascination with shinies that you saw was more a learning thing for me than anything else. Sylvrin wasn't a gear hog, and would sometimes wear nothing more than the orc gear she found laying on the ground outside the Fortress. She was always being given things though and was happy and grateful to get them, and she would upgrade her clothes whenever the opportunity to do that arose. Sylvrin lored everything she could get her hands on though, and that was so I, as a player, could learn what things did. Sometimes I would have her sit at the chest in the Fort and just look at all the things that were in it and then put them back. That was something that fit her role because she was curious about everything and eager to learn all she could.

I hope that answers some of your concerns with her/me. I did try my best to sing those helpful songs as often as I could and be a good Acolyte for the Fort.
19261, RE: Many reasons why
Posted by Sarkarian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are sometimes a marvel. I do understand all that you said and all you go through to get to where you were. Shiny-stuff to me is like watching a crow or raven looking at something and getting lost in its beauty. You were never a gear hog...that was not my suggestion, rather that you had an etheral approach to communication.

You were a pain and a pleasure to deal with. Bear in mind, that means your character wasn't a cookie-cutter bard. You had depth of character complete with flaws...in this way, your character lived. I watched you experience the entire range of emotions, which is not often seen in your average character.

Time management is the key. I have kids, a puking cat, spouse, 12' snake that likes to lay on my keyboard, sometimes I actually work at my computer. All this makes it tough...would that I could be a kid without all the baggage....naw, puberty sucked.

I am not sure, but I think I may have found your new character...but maybe not.

Your famous last words when we told you that you were dead:

"But I don't want to."

Have fun, walk in the sun, take time to live.
Sark
19223, I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to us all. (long)
What can I say about Sylvrin. I loved playing her. She was my 3rd character and only my second over level 20. My second character of any significance. I actually thought I was going to con die. I got a quest from Shokai which I completed and thoroughly enjoyed doing. I wrote a role that was 18 segments long. I won't post it cuz it's a freaking book. But if anyone wants me to I'll email it to you.

Sylvrin was raised up during a unique time in Theran History when the Empire was first forming. I took advantage of that and had her become interested in the new empire while she was young. It was kind of a good strategy because being a goody other goodies never killed her, and being an Imperial wannabe most of the evils left her alone too. And being naturally peaceful she never started any fights. So aside from Drugadath, she didn't have too many enemies to worry about while she was growing up.

Her early years were spent ranking and chatting in the Inn. She loved hearing about the lives of others, because for the first part of her young life she couldn't remember her own childhood. It came back to her bit by bit as things that happened would trigger her memories. When Siorgriend told her she should not associate with Zekasiq and Thornarcrull she sat on a hill watching the moon which triggered a memory of her mother giving her a crescent moon tatoo on her cheek and giving her a calling to be a daughter of the moon. She was a light-bringer and was to bring light to those in darkness. She thought she could do that by befriending and aiding those who were evil. When the Empire turned out to be entirely evil and she knew she would have no place in it, she saw the betrayal and intrigue that turned her from it and to the place where she really belonged...The Fortress.

When Ghuljun became a Lich it triggered another memory that came to her as a dream. She remembered that her father had also become a Lich...and that was why she had suppressed her memories of her childhood for so long. He had been a healer, who turned to the dark magic of necromancy to extend his life so he could live as long as his elven wife. Later he left to seek out the ritual of the Becoming...eventually he killed Sylvrin's mother.

Those are just a couple of the highlights of her life...as I said her story is long and many of you are mentioned in it.

Now to the farewells:
Sheesh where do I begin?

Imms: I LOVE you guys! Thanks for a great game!

Shokai: You are the COOLEST! If I ever learn how to pk I'm rolling a sphere victory Maran just so I can worship you! Thanks for the tasks and the chance at a vitality quest. Please use any of the writings I did in the Hall of Light or wherever you think would be appropriate for them if you feel they are good enough. I loved writing them and learned a ton about the religions by doing them.

Beroxxus/Azuranda: I loved our interactions, too. You are cool. I don't think I could ever play an evil character that would follow you, but it was fun being on the opposite side. Sylvrin swore in her heart and soul you would never dim her spirit.

Calradian: You popped in on me and Andrios once in Hillcrest. You said "hrrrm" and disappeared. I never did figure out what you thought of Sylvrin. She tried to be a good follower of the Kara Chal and was always hoping to get a chance to see you again.

Selric: I prayed to you a few times, probably not often enough, but there was always so much going on in Sylvrin's life and there were many times when it just wasn't safe to make the trip to your shrine. But as I said to Calradian, she tried to be a good follower.

Scarabaeus: Sylvrin was scared of you so when she met you in the Inn at Meladori's party she didn't say much to you. You were a Lich and reminded her of her father so she just kind of kept her distance.

Mortals:

Ashqer: we were there together from the beginning and ended up in the Fort together. Ranking with you was always fun and having you in the Fort was really great...stay strong in the light, Sister.

Andruen: I have no idea what happened to you, but you saved Sylvrin's life when she was just out of the academy when she ran out of food and water after wandering in the desert for hours. We did some ranking together too and Sylvrin had a sweet crush on you for a while.

Copernios: The elven invoker that Sylvrin married on the day he died. The relationship was really sweet and I had a lot of fun with you.

Andrios: The Betrayer. Sylvrin loved you too, but her life was changing very much at that time and she really wanted you to be as strong for the light as she was. When you attacked the Fortress, which was her home, it broke all ties with you and Sylvrin could never forgive you for that.

Darch: Sylvrin met you very early in her life and you asked her if she would be joining the Heralds. I actually considered that for her at times, but she was far too serious a character for the Inn. Thanks for all the drinks, the chats, and the warnings that saved my life sometimes.

Corthy: Sylvrin was your friend from early on too. You were somewhat influential in changing Sylvrin's life. Thanks for the tour of Amaranthe's shrine and showing me all that you did...including how to find the Fortress. Sylvrin was pleased you got that title too, you were a great friend.

Zekasiq: Sylvrin's brother and sister when she was young. She relied on you frequently to keep her safe and warn her of dangers. She was very loyal to you because of that and loved being your scribe.

Aneriasha: Thanks for the beautiful handsewn gowns you gave Sylvrin...I loved having her wear them. We also had a lot of good times talking and relaxing in the Inn. You were always fun to be with and Sylvrin missed you when you left.

Meladori: Thanks for all the good stuff that went on at the Inn. Keep dancing, lovely lady.

Siorgriend: I loved how you would talk to Sylvrin even when she would do nothing but argue with you. Little did you know that much of what you said to her left a lasting impression. I was going to have her join the Fortress eventually, but I wasn't quite ready to when you were around. Had you stayed longer she would have become one of your loyal friends. After she joined the Fortress she spoke highly of you and the influence you had on her life.

Sakard: You had a big influence on Sylvrin too. She respected you a lot when she first met you. But as the Imperial founders began to jocky for power and position, she could tell that you were becoming disloyal to Zekasiq. When you insisted that she write that note to all Therans and sign your name before Zekasiq's, she began to distrust you. It was you who eventually convinced her that the Empire was nothing more than a bunch of evil power mongers who were steeped in backstabbing political agendas. And then we became the enemies that we always should have been.

Vashka: You were a huge influence on Sylvrin too. It was you who first approached her with the idea of becoming an Acolyte. You were fun to run around and hunt with. You often asked Sylvrin to sleep people after you would summon them so you would have a better chance at killing them. That worked fine for us until she became an Acolyte. Then it was up to you to do all the aggresive stuff. I really liked it when Jhanderin said in his Cardinal voice to you when you told Sylvrin to do that same tactic.."No, Vashka this is your work." Or something to that effect.

Gherian: So much fun traveling with you. You were awesome. I'm so glad you got made Imm. I hope you are enjoying it thoroughly.

Elrys: Thanks for giving Sylvrin the opportunity to join the Fortress. It made her life very enjoyable. If I hadn't gotten in I probably would have deleted her because I think I would have gotten bored with her. You play a great Prophet and I love the way you talk. Sorry for all the times I sang nasty songs at your pets though. :(

Erenthell: You were a great Captain and you made Sylvrin feel so at home and welcomed in the Fortress. I'll never forget the time you told her not to despair if she should fall in battle because you would always make sure she had the things she needed. You kept your word, and so did the many others who made sure she was well equipped and ready to defend the Fort. Thanks for your kind words and many hugs.

Aemelius: As I said in your farewell, I agreed with what Shokai said about you. Much good, some bad. You were a powerful Marshall at first and gained Sylvrin's respect. But there were times that she would report sighting evils and you asked her to engage them and then said you would come to her aid if she needed you to...sometimes when there was two or three of them. Sylvrin never attacked anyone except when defending the Fort or going to retrieve, she was a peaceful person who allowed the Maran to do their job while she did hers. It just seemed like you didn't understand that.

Vorondel: You will be a great Cardinal! Sylvrin really respected you and the talks we had were great! Keep the Light burning bright for whoever might show up at your gates.

Anlon: Well Sylvrin is back in your arms sooner than I expected. (if she isn't with Copernios or Jhanderin, that is) Again...I loved the interactions between Sylvrin and Anlon, really fun stuff.

And last but certainly far from least Jhanderin:
You were the single most influential person in Sylvrin's life. She loved you, she followed you, and she learned SO MUCH from you. Thank you for all you taught her as a character and me as a player.

There were so many many more people that Sylvrin loved and fought, but I tried to mentioned the ones that had the most impact on her life. Most of you that are gone I have responded to your farwells and those of you still living...well I will never go to bed if I mention you all. (it's already 1 am) So please post and I'll respond.

Peace and Light guide you always,
Sylvrin Luna, Singer of Hope, Acolyte of the Golden Sun

19224, Stats after death
Sylvrin Luna, the Singer of Hope, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Level : 51 Sex : female Race : half-elf
Ethos : Orderly Align : Good Class : bard
Practices: 0 Trains : 0 Hometown : South Dairein
Exp : 557300 To Level : 26000 Sphere : Music
Hit Point: 645 /645 Mana : 687 /687 Move : 708 /708
Str : 16(16) Int : 21(21) Wis : 21(21)
Dex : 19(19) Con : 5 (5 ) Chr : 19(19)
Carry # : 4/31 Weight : 33 lb 15 oz (Max 292 lbs)
Gold : 0 Silver : 0 Copper : 0
Wimpy : 143 hp Morale : Moderate Position : Standing
Hitroll : 1 Damroll : 2
AC pierce: 60 Barely protected AC bash : 60 Barely protected
AC slash : 60 Barely protected AC magic : 60 Barely protected
vs Spell : Not protected vs Paralysis : Not protected
vs Breath: Not protected vs Petrification: Not protected
You are affected by:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
19245, Must have been all those sweet rolls....
Posted by Falstaff on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That cholesterol'll get ya every time. :-)

Sylvrin was a well rounded character. I wasn't sure if you were new to the game or just to Bards, but I could tell you weren't always positive in what to do strategically.

You had an impact on tons of characters in game, and there's always something to be proud of. In his own way, even your Lich dad would have been able to appreciate that, I think.

Oh, did you ever get to hang on to that "item" you had for Jhanderin? I know you tried, and (poor roleplay that it was on my part) even tried selling it back to you after you lost one in an imperial raid. That char of mine's gone, so I don't mind telling you that. I felt bad you'd lost it. *shrug*

Enjoyed the interactions, and I hope you'll be back in game soon.

Rothow/Falstaff
19252, That item
You made Sylvrin so mad when you attempted to sell it back to her. She wasn't going to give a plugged nickle to an Imperial. Not that she even had one to give at that point. She was flat broke. That was like the fifth time she lost the fishing pole to a full loot. She just went and got another one and carved Jhanderin's name on it, though. And yes it was still with her when she died, as was Anlon's locket.
19257, RE: Stats after death
Posted by Quislet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your age death throws my theories on age death out of whack, but I've been expecting to eventually see someone die earlier than I once thought possible.

I didn't see you much, so I'm not bothering to log out and do this under a character name, but one time I did see you was odd enough to make it into my daily notes without your really doing much of anything. I had a clue on who someone's new character was, and I was trying to puzzle it out, and you ended up being listed the second most likely. Of the six people it could've been, I only ended up knowing anything of you and Ashqer, and that was just to rule you both out. (unless of course you were once Nurwon, which I doubt)

Anyway, your RP was good when your time wasn't too divided. Good characer, though we didn't interact much. Good luck with your next, I'm sure you'll just keep getting better.
19263, blah
Posted by Quid aka Nurwon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>(unless of course you were once Nurwon, which I doubt)

Nah she wasn't me! heh. I'm not so much into flirting with guys and such :P

Besides I remember talking to Sylvrin sometime in the inn when she was like lvl 20 anyway, and I already learned my lesson on having two chars on at once ;)
19226, A shame...
Posted by Grik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed interacting with you, it's been a while since I've been able to observe so much enthusiasm in a character. You want to learn to PK, roll up a warrior. Luck to you on your next.

Grikletun
19260, RE: A shame...
Thanks for the compliment. I don't know about being a warrior, though. Warriors rely too heavily on knowing and getting gear, something I am still learning. I'm thinking maybe an assassin or ranger though. Maybe even another bard, but one that knows what she's doing this time.

We'll see.
19232, old
Posted by seakrou on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Geez I did not know you where that old. Well what I saw of you was fun, to bad it was so short lived. Just starting to get to know you..
Luck with the next one. Taking my hat of for dying of old age...
LH
19233, This is really funny...and you will see why.
Posted by Jhanderin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Andruen: I have no idea what happened to you, but you saved
>Sylvrin's life when she was just out of the academy when she
>ran out of food and water after wandering in the desert for
>hours. We did some ranking together too and Sylvrin had a
>sweet crush on you for a while.

Thats ME!

>And last but certainly far from least Jhanderin:
>You were the single most influential person in Sylvrin's life.
> She loved you, she followed you, and she learned SO MUCH from
>you. Thank you for all you taught her as a character and me as
>a player.

That's me too!!

What can I say? I guess I am just your "type" :P

I had Andruen the same time I had Gastaad. I decided I wanted to mess around with a binder thief to see what kind of tricks they had. Eventually I became a squire and found myself killing evil thieves that were in the Galadon guild. Needless to say I felt rather guilty since I could never have both chars on at the same time to blackball my treacherous ass.

Sylvrin I pretty much watched your evolution from the low ranks up until the very end. You learned a lot and I hope that all that nifty info sticks. Sorry about all those times that I got a bit frustrated with you. BUT ITS CUZ I CARE DAMMIT! :D
And btw I was so damn proud of you when you killed Ulzoth when he tried to take the sceptre back from us. :)

You died sooooo damn much I have to give you major props for pulling off an age death instead of a con death. In no way am I trying to say that pk cabals do not suit you, but I do think that your playing style fits perfectly with Troupe.

See you around
19234, RE: This is really funny...and you will see why.
I think it's those pretty braids that I'm attracted to. And Yeah...I was really proud of that moment too when I killed Ulzoth. I think that was probably my first pk ever. However I did a really nice job of fiending the invading Imperials today...you would have been really proud of me if you'd seen that, Cardinal.

While I might make a Herald someday for the fun of it, I think I am hooked on the Fortress. I just love it there. So maybe I'll roll up something I can do some damage with. We'll see.
19242, RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to us all. (long)
Posted by Beroxxus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>>Beroxxus/Azuranda: I loved our interactions, too. You are cool. I don't think I could ever play an evil character that would follow you, but it was fun being on the opposite side. Sylvrin swore in her heart and soul you would never dim her spirit.<<<

I'm glad you liked them! I liked Sylvrin and thought she a well roleplayed character. I also could tell you were still learning how the game works, but good job none the less. I suppose that's just one less person to torment, my Scribe of Children's Suffering. Good luck on the next.
19247, surprised to find myself in here :p
Posted by Scarabaeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Scarabaeus: Sylvrin was scared of you so when she met you in
>the Inn at Meladori's party she didn't say much to you. You
>were a Lich and reminded her of her father so she just kind of
>kept her distance.

Alright, I admit that I'm curious what your role was now. scarabaeus@carrionfields.com if you have the time.
19289, You asked for it
So I sent it. Very long...but the parts you would probabaly be most interested in reading as far as her background goes are parts 1, 2 , and 7. I hope you like to read. ;)
19250, Fantastic
Posted by Zepachu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're a fantastic roleplayer, only limited by your inexperience with CF, but you're learning quickly. Each day that you play you'll become less and less likely to die because you'll learn your way around and the way to get from place to place will be burned into your mind. Even the amount of times you need to go in a certain direction will become etched into your brain. :)

You did great and Zekasiq always liked you, until you put Sakard's name first on that scroll after I was the one to basically write the whole thing. He (or was I a she at the time?) felt betrayed and wanted nothing more than to kill you.

In fact, that's where my frustration as a PLAYER really became amplified. Having never played a Healer before I was known as one of the most aggressive ones because that is simply the way I have the MOST fun. I like being able to back up my words... and a healer threatening your life isn't the most frightening thing, though effective at times. Event after event began to disappoint me as I knew I would have had much more accomplished in the way of killing goodies if I had been an Assassin or something other than the most defensive class on CF. Though it still was great and I did have quite a few kills even for a healer. I wouldn't have been around as long as I was if I wasn't a healer. Anyway, great great character. You really had an impact on Zek's life and I'm certain you did with most everyone you interacted with.
19277, RE: Fantastic
Thanks for the compliments. I do love roleplaying a lot and it's nice to have others enjoy what I do.

I did learn a lot with Sylvrin and I never stopped learning with her, every single time I logged in I would learn something new. It's part of what made playing her fun.

Yeah that whole note thing really messed up our relationship until I humbly apologized and laid the blame on Sakard where it belonged. Even with the apology and forgiveness, I think we kind of avoided each other after that. I didn't want Zekasiq knowing that Sylvrin was planning on becoming an Acolyte, because I knew she'd (you were a she by then) would be royally pissed off. So it kind of worked out for Sylvrin when you decided to turn your back on the Empire just before you deleted.

Thanks again for all the heals and sanctuaries, and escorting me around to various places. And thanks for including me in various secret meetings and stuff too. That was fun.
19254, RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to us all. (long)
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sakard: You had a big influence on Sylvrin too. She respected you a lot when she first met you. But as the Imperial founders began to jocky for power and position, she could tell that you were becoming disloyal to Zekasiq. When you insisted that she write that note to all Therans and sign your name before Zekasiq's, she began to distrust you. It was you who eventually convinced her that the Empire was nothing more than a bunch of evil power mongers who were steeped in backstabbing political agendas. And then we became the enemies that we always should have been.

Thanks! At first the Empire confused me a little and believed it would have been a cabal for everyone orderly. But then I've spoked to Khasotholas and then Sakard became more and more power-hungry, using all those who were of the Light for his own benefits (Hence the note I asked) which worked perfectly since Zekasiq was a bit angered. Then I became Imperial and then I told you to surrender to the Empire which you never did...then you became of the Fortress and I called you a traitor and that the Empire never liked you and how I used you...and after that well...I hunted you. I wonder how it would have turned out if you would have turned evil?
19258, RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to us all. (long)
I was kind of hoping that Empire would be something all aligns/orderly ethos could join, too. I think it would be really interesting from an Rp perspective, but probably wouldn't work well, for lots of reasons.

If I had turned evil I would have lost my songs, most likely, and been ganged to death by the Fortress goodies. I wanted Sylvrin to live a long life and be a preacher. She fulfilled that in a way I didn't think she ever actually would. She lived far longer than I expected her to, and the longer she lived the more I grew to love playing her. She'll be hard to let go.

Besides, I don't think I have it in me to play a truly evil character. Neutral yes, evil no.
19255, Aww, shucks.
Posted by Elrys on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Elrys: Thanks for giving Sylvrin the opportunity to join the
>Fortress.

No problem, as I said at one point, I was very happy with how you turned out. I did sense your inexperience, but I thought you seemed like a good gamble, and it turned out well.

> You play a great Prophet and I love the way you talk.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I thought Sylvrin's RP was great. The hopeful messages, general attitude and everything seemed very Acolytish, and the interesting history you had contributed to it a lot. I'd like to see your role, but right now my email is not in a proper condition for that.

>Sorry for all the times I sang nasty songs at your pets though. :(

Heh, no problem. Sorry for all the times my pets started hitting you because of songs.

19264, finally kicked the bucket eh?
Posted by Trinthos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
didn't expect you to age die so quickly as a half elf, but hey thats the way it goes. Not even sure if you remember me but we had some good times. Then I was kicked out of the inn permanently for trying to get some payback on Malinran so I pretty much stopped seeing you entirely. oh well did a good job and came a long way from when I saw you as a lowbie...(I was also Nurwon and remember you asking me some things and you were so excited that you managed to escape quite a few PK's in one day) :)

hope you have fun with whatevers next, and keep getting better.

-Quid
19270, RE: finally kicked the bucket eh?
Yep. I remember Trinthos real well. I think you were much better at pking with your bard skills than I was. You figured out how to chase off thieves and assassins all on your own, something I never really got the hang of. Trinthos seemed to think he never had any friends, and that always made Sylvrin feel sad for him. She always tried to let him know that she considered him to be a good friend.
19267, RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to us all. (long)
Posted by Corthy Wick on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am proud to see you age death, something I have never had the patience for. Excellent role player, though that absent-minded thing Sarkarian was talking about is very true. Funny, that you age die basically the same day as I deleted Corthy. I hope you have fun with your next.

*man created god, now we can destroy him*
19271, RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to us all. (long)
Age dieing kind of sucks though. I actually expected to have maybe another 100 hours or so with her. I had so much I wanted to do, that's why I asked Shokai for the vitality quest. I really wanted Sylvrin to meet Lord Selric or Calradian before she died, but it wasn't meant to be. When you have so many things you want your character to do, become, see, learn, and find, it makes it easy to want to keep playing. And when you have so many IC friends, it makes it hard to face death.

I actually (in real life) started crying when I realised she was dead. I know...that's kind of stupid and all, but I guess it's like unexpectedly having the hero of a novel or movie you love die. Kind of a tear jerker. Even more so when that character is your own creation.

I'm sorry to hear that Corthy is gone. Time to do something new for both of us now, huh?
19273, Ahh crap
Posted by Vorondel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, I'm really sad that you're gone. I liked Sylvrin very much, and I think you did an awesome job within the Fortress.

And the hell with pk'ing, tactics and such. This was obviously not what you wanted as a character and probably as a player, being still relatively new to the game and especially to the hero ranges. Personnally I couldn't care less if you are a good or bad pk'er (and/or typer), as long as you roleplay and keep the spirit, which you certainly did. Anyway I'm sure that with time and experience you'll probably come to enjoy the aspect of PK'ing and you will become better at it, whether you plan to or not :)

Good luck with your next!
19276, And it's that attitude...
IMHO that makes you a great Cardinal. I had Sylvrin become an Acolyte primarily because they don't do a whole lot of Pking, but they do get to use their skills to aid others and watch others Pk. It's a good way to learn I think.

I was VERY VERY pleased when you said that I would make a great Prophet. It told me just how much you really appreciated my roleplaying efforts and it meant A LOT to me as a player to have you say that. I knew it would never happen though because Sylvrin was too near to death, although I thought for sure she would con die before she age died.

As I said...Sylvrin's spirit will live on and probably will come back to the Fortress eventually. I'm not sure in what form yet, but we'll see. I'm really partial to bards, but I don't want to do one again just yet...she'd be too much like Sylvrin I think. So I'll probably do something else for a while.

19279, Oh and Zacharyn!
How could I leave you out?

I remember ranking with you a couple of times when Sylvrin was about mid 20's. Then when she was approaching the hero ranks she asked you to help her do some learning. Her affiliation with the Imperials was pretty well known by then and you almost refused to help her because of it. But being the kindly goodly paladin that you are, you gave her the benefit of the doubt when she said she would never join them if she found out they were truly all evil.

When she joined the Fortress and saw that you were a Scribe, she was elated about it and soon became close friends with you. You rescued her many a time and gave her food so many times after she would die and get full looted. I couldn't understand why it took you so long to get your Acloyte robes, but I'm so glad you finally did. I was so afraid you would delete and I tried my best to keep your spirits up when you would get down about it. Thanks for all the lovin'.

(I have a feeling you are getting really old too)

19285, Now you can cuddle in peace
Posted by Folorad on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, we didn't interact all that often but seemed like I kept gating in on you accidently for awhile. I really wasn't trying to interupt but you were right next to a gate point. Other than that I served you a couple of drinks and we chatted a bit. Well done and luck with the next one.
19287, RE: Now you can cuddle in peace
Heehee. Yeah, I remember that, but it was never a problem really. Like most of the people that Sylvrin talked to, she enjoyed Folorad's company. It was kind of handy having a healer in the Inn when things got kind of bloody outside.
19286, Nice job.
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I usually dispise Herald type role-players but I genuinely enjoyed talking with you and listening to your talk about your Lich father. Interacted with you with Oshubacyl the felar whelp. *heh* I wasnt having much fun in the fortress but you always were a bright spot. Great enthusiasm and willingness to learn. You were improving daily in PK situations. If you want to make another fun charactor for the fortress Id suggest a shapeshifter. If you choose defense and something else, you will survive alot of unprepared attacks. Alot of Utility forms have danger sense, so if you sense something in the area that might be hostile...just get out. I think you will contribute alot like this and learn the game even more. (Bit duller to rank to hero though.)

Anyhow, nice job and "Oshu says bye to nice singer."

19288, RE: Nice job.
I'm glad I helped make your Fortress experience more enjoyable.

As far as playing a Herald type role, as a player I REALLY like interacting with just about everyone, goodies, evils, and neutrals and learning what their role is all about. Having in-depth knowledge of other character's roles helps me develop mine as I interact with them. Osh was very cool and Sylvrin really enjoyed his company.
19434, RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ...
Posted by Ashqer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Ashqer: we were there together from the beginning and ended up
>in the Fort together. Ranking with you was always fun and
>having you in the Fort was really great...stay strong in the
>light, Sister.

yeah u were ashqer's first real friend actually. sometimes hard
to get a response from u but other than that u were a really
really great friend to ashqer.

if u can, send me your entire role. u were always talking something
about your life when i was with u..think it'll be something
interesting to read. svetta@outgun.com

be well there sister! ;)
19520, RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ...
We had some really good times together, Ashqer. One of these days I'm going to have to have you show my current character how to find those black roots in-game. It really impressed me that you could find your way through those nasty swamps. I think my sense of direction sucks and I HATE mazes, so my hat goes off to you.

I'd be happy to e-mail you my role. Are you sure you want the whole thing? It's LONG! and I know it was 18 segments but I lost two of them. Anyway the files are on my home computer and I'm at work right now, but I'll send them off to you tonight if I get the chance..if not tonight, then as soon as I can get around to it.

Stay strong in the Light, Sis.

Sylvrin
19860, RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ...
Posted by Ashqer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
yeah sure, i'd like to read whatever you have in your role :)

anyway, i'm afraid you can't use your current character to ask Ashqer how to get the roots anymore..I deleted. I'll post my farewell message later.

btw, i hate mazes too! many times i misstepped in ysigrath and i walked in circles till i couldn't walk no more.
19636, RE: I didn't want her life to end...but death comes to ...
Posted by Gorthalon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I owe you an apology. I have been gone too long, but I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the time our characters spent together, and I wish you well on your next. We had some great conversations at the shrine, as well as in the Fortress. Great character. See you in the fields.

Gorth