Subject: "(DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Scion." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17575
Show all folders

JhaelrynaWed 14-May-03 02:03 PM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
4 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#17575, "(DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Scion."

Wow, it's been an enjoyable ride. With school, military (work), and now all these political social "meeting" (which is pretty much just finger-pointing), I really have no time to play anymore. I started playing CF on maple.net way back in high school, and you really take for granted how much free time you had back then.

Jhaelryna was created after I returned from my (relatively short) deployment and after a premature Xandera deletion, but it was fine since I got hazard pay and the entire month tax-free for a week of work *cackle*.

I had a good background story for her, but i'm lazy and never bothered to put it into her role, so I basically had no role all her life. For any of you who think having no role = no immortal interaction is talking crap. All that really matters is how you roleplay.

It's kind of cheezy, but basically she was a commoner in the drow city before she was abducted by two dying dragons who placed their souls into two wards and sealed them to the sides of her head just above the ears. For the first two hundred hours or so, she really had no memory of her past life, so she didn't know the difference between good and evil. With all the "goodies" back then running about attacking her, it's no wonder she grew cold. She felt there was something more she could/had to do with her life, and joined scions, seeking a greater purpose. As soon as the scepter touched her, the wards began to become corrupted and she began to remember her former life. At the same time, the dragons were awakened.

The first dragon was a golden female (yes as in "good"). She slowly became corrupted by the Scepter, but she retained most of her affinity for other dragons and among other things didn't often see kindly on them being killed for petty reasons. The second dragon was a black male (as in "bad").

Jhaelryna basically had three personalities in her mind at one time, and most of the conflict was internal, and was not very "visible" to everyone else. I wished to kind of muddle the black/white philosophies that are so prevalent here, however you can't really do anything really interesting without being an immortal due to the static code-base. I played an OOM, and enjoyed how you can pretty much change anything on the mud, but unfortunately some people here are immature brats, and that level of power can't be given to everyone. It's amazing how many people will cheat at trivial games.

Valgie - I was very surprised that I received the Chancellorship again. Hallistra, Xandera, and now Jhaelryna... jeez. I thought Aginal was going to get it, and kind of wanted to watch him happily skip about, eradicating everyone in sight. Alas, that was not to be. I like the new "look" of the scions, but then again, i'm addicted to mystery novels, so I'm hooked immediately. Sorry about leaving so soon "again", and I hope I didn't suck to much. By the way, either i'm stupid, or you're more subtle than i anticipated since I couldn't figure out anything new in Kteng's.. though I did defend "Jhaelryna's little laboratory" from quite a few people. Thanks for the interactions and the title... btw.. what made you think of that title anyways, I was rather surprised by it actually.

Nepie - Silent Tower is death incarnate. It seems most of the area's puzzles can kill you if you arn't perfect in the symmantics and syntax, or didn't have overwhelming strength. I always like exploring w/o a posse, especially since most of the puzzles will be just copied by them later on, and then suddenly the entire mud has the answers and most didn't do a thing, which will make you want to change them, making you jaded.. and then the cycle will just repeat itself. Thanks also for the interactions, I hope you were not to disappointed.

Nizarya(sp?) - That spider immortal? I kept that amulet for you, but then I fell in love with it. I do wonder what would have happened had you actually had talked to me, but I wasn't really into praying continually when there was just so MUCH to do!

Darian - cool character. I enjoyed our "meetings". I really wish our playing times overlapped better, but I wish a lot of things . Hopefully you know a little bit better my reasons for my seemingly inane reactions.

Jolaerg - Heh, i was laughing as well in the Underdark. You really shouldn't have lost that axe again, but promises are promises after all *smile*. You really should have used polearms more, especially since I gave you that Thunderlance twice.

Ghuljun - Arrogant? Cold? What were you expecting, a happy go lucky drow chancellor who gives pink flowers to orphans? C'mon man, i'm a bitch from hell. Btw, I was always ready for backstabs, kinda expected it really, though it never happened. It would have been a fun change of pace, but oh well. Luck to you... you'll need it!

Alarn - I still can't believe you wanted me to throw you out, and for THOSE reasons?? AND THEN YOU BEGIN EXPLORING THE TOWER AFTER!!! *loud sigh* You really should have talked to me, and I would have dragged your hairy ass in their cause I needed help, but the char wasn't about to ask for it.

Zekasiq - my char. couldn't stand an unkept woman, and so had to fix that hair! You were SOO cute to.. awwww.

Merzofzyauhn - You began so well, and then suddenly your personality changed 180 degrees. Why?? Well, at least it was a fun week!

Thornarcrull - What can I say, it fit my rp. My character was super wary of you, and you would not believe what I did behind the scenes to piss you off/slow you down... hope you enjoyed it!

Hvetlin - Was impressed by that interview. I do wonder who your chancellor char. was...

Caysh - Oh wow!! I got stunned for 5 hours just two seconds after I sent you that tell in the mountains... had you had come down and dispelled me, you would have whupped my ass! So.. was your guess on who I was correct?

Kamandee - Beast.
Aginal - Beast, see Valgie.
Seinmolis - Such high hopes for the village using you.. oh well.
Cardiel - Nice fights.. I recall many times your entire posse died except for you!
To all the warlock invokers - I wish I had counterspell.. it's very sick when you have tons of mana and by the time I dispel enough of your shields to do some damage, all mine are gone... but at least I never got stoneshattered! *wink*

Um.. i'm at work, so my time is limited (big surprise). For anyone I missed, i'm sorry

Hrm, i've had so many characters, I can't really remember most of them. The only ones who vaguely stick out in my mind are Nashanio (I think that's the name), an imperial dreadlord who was around during istendil's time, and a cool female necromancer who was an arbiter leader and helped Udgaard beat on Ofcol and change it to Tir-Taleth.
I had a couple maran too, before the cabal started, buncha entropy, and a sylvan leader who I couldn't remember the name if my life depended on it.

Have fun all, and remember.. this is just a freaking GAME!

Sara. email me at whistle_sara@hotmail.com if you want.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Scion. [View all] , Jhaelryna, Wed 14-May-03 02:03 PM
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Fhindabar (Guest), 23-May-03 10:03 PM, #35
Reply Fix my hair, will you?!, Zepachu, 19-May-03 10:53 AM, #34
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Thornarcrull (Guest), 19-May-03 08:04 AM, #33
Reply So...I had a question in my farewell for you, Alarin (Guest), 17-May-03 11:20 AM, #32
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Cardiel Adreu (Guest), 16-May-03 08:37 PM, #30
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Fahnrore, 16-May-03 02:57 PM, #29
Reply Jhaelryna tells you 'I do so abhor those pathetic shiel..., Lruthlor (Guest), 16-May-03 02:30 PM, #28
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Vashka, 15-May-03 11:10 PM, #25
Reply Hiya!, Eluna, 15-May-03 06:55 PM, #23
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Ulthur, 15-May-03 02:40 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Valguarnera, 15-May-03 02:58 PM, #19
     Reply Uh., Ulthur, 15-May-03 03:59 PM, #20
          Reply RE: Uh., nepenthe, 15-May-03 04:27 PM, #21
          Reply RE: Uh., Ulthur, 15-May-03 07:15 PM, #24
          Reply I can vouch for a little of that, incognito, 16-May-03 03:48 AM, #26
          Reply There's a flip side to all that., Siorg (Guest), 16-May-03 08:48 PM, #31
          Reply I agree with Ulthur., Lightmaged (Guest), 16-May-03 08:41 AM, #27
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Beroxxus, 15-May-03 07:41 AM, #16
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Zargu, 15-May-03 04:49 AM, #15
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Valguarnera, 15-May-03 04:14 AM, #13
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Suibhne (Guest), 15-May-03 05:13 PM, #22
Reply Per Valguarnera's request..., Zargu, 02-Jul-03 08:31 AM, #36
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Darian (Guest), 14-May-03 11:51 PM, #12
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Ylare (Guest), 14-May-03 11:29 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Hvetlin (Guest), 14-May-03 06:11 PM, #9
Reply Heh I thought so, Gastaad (Guest), 14-May-03 06:04 PM, #8
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Penlerixid (Guest), 14-May-03 05:54 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Weengroht (Guest), 14-May-03 05:14 PM, #6
Reply Always forgetting me..., Sakard, 14-May-03 04:27 PM, #5
Reply Sorry..., Alarn (Guest), 14-May-03 03:56 PM, #4
Reply RE: Sorry..., Darian (Guest), 14-May-03 11:36 PM, #11
     Reply RE:, Urden, 15-May-03 12:33 PM, #17
Reply -Merzofzyauhn, Dugruain, 14-May-03 03:45 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DEL) Jhaelryna the Withering Eye, Chancellor of Sc..., Karel, 14-May-03 03:44 PM, #2
Reply Re: Silent Tower, Valguarnera, 15-May-03 04:24 AM, #14
Reply Just fantastic., nepenthe, 14-May-03 02:58 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #17575 Previous topic | Next topic