Subject: "Stahl's Role Chapter 4" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield The Premium Battlefield Topic #68639
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM
Member since 07th May 2024
16833 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68656, "Stahl's Role Chapter 4"

Role

Chapter 4

The feast
Added Thu Dec 17 19:11:21 2020 at level 19:

Since I left the Keep I have wandered. Set adrift in the mire of Thera without cause. Proclaiming
myself an adherent to the code not for any great inborn nobility but because it had been the path
laid out for my life since I was but a child.

As I waded through the thickets of the Weald on a fool's errand at the behest of some baudy
ascetic from the temple of the Loch to find ingredients I encountered a very strange half-blood,
cooing and howling like a crazed animal. Scyreth was his name. I've always had a soft spot for
his kind, whether in my heart or on my skull had always been hotly debated among my peers among
the Keep.

Though the Code strictly forbids any association with those deemed evil I found myself overwhelmed
by an inexplicable draw to heeds his claims that he would show me where to find that which I sought,
and a fine dinner to boot. In my gut I knew this to be some foul trickery, some manner of leading me
astray from my destined path. But that morbid curiousity took hold, and some part of me naively
believed a faint glimmer of light deep within his soul was shining through his dark heart, some
small dying ember of good I could rekindle.

At first it seemed benign. He walked me through the weald showing me things which I had never
before seen including the things which I had come to see. Then he lead me to a dark temple
and though every fiber of my being shook with trepidation I still could not break myself from
the path he set before me.

As the dreaded god of sin, Morius tore through the seams of reality it became all too clear
what the intentions of this dinner were and yet by now my feet stood firmly in place, my
eyes locked forward to meet the face of the blind god. The blind pontiff chastised me for
my desire to change Scyreth. Claiming him to be utterly pure. He had a point, Scyreth was pure.
A true monster lost to his own ravenous hunger and twisted by the whims of fate. There is truly
no purpose in chaning the course any man willing walks.

I was then given a choice. Flee with my life or remain to be served upon a platter, consumed
quite literally by the darkness. The Code enforces that a crusader never flee in the face of
evil for his own sake, and pleading for my life seemed utterly pathetic. So there I remained
My body died, eviscerated by this deity and fed upon by his sick dog. My spirit remained
tethered to this world and as I watched them revel in the decadent feast of flesh I realized
my own arrogance in ever thinking one so lost could be found again. The only merciful
resolution for one so far gone is death.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic[None] Stahl the Slayer of Infidels [View all] , Death_Angel, Tue 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM
Reply Stahl's Skill List, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Role Chapter 4, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM #
Reply Stahl's Role Chapter 3, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Role Chapter 2, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Role Chapter 1, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Immortal Comments, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Gank-O-Meter, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's PK Statistics, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Supplication List, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Statistics, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Title History, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's PK Deaths, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Leveling, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Timeline, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Mob Deaths, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Edges, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #
Reply Stahl's Class Specifics, Death_Angel, 29-Dec-20 09:35 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield The Premium Battlefield Topic #68639 Previous topic | Next topic