Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=100197
100197, (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jun 16 21:54:43 2011

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 28th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Rhone perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:617
100554, Rhone
Posted by Sollin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Hey man!

Sorry I am so late on this post, I have been suffering from an illness that is aggrivated by computers/televisions and anything else of the sort. Strobe lights are death!

I am kicking myself for not responding to this earlier, I am also kicking myself for missing out on seeing you in character once again. I really enjoyed playing with Rhone. You were one of my favourites and I felt that I missed out on alot when I immorted and couldn't spend time with you.

Anyhow, I am glad we had some fun together, I certainly have very fond memories of the character. Thanks for all the love! Good luck with whatever comes next...

Sollin
100565, Sollin
Posted by Rhone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks, Sollin.

I actually created Rhone with the intention of exploring with Sollin in mind. And I wish we could have done more! Thank you for showing me the "secrets of the wands," too. All in all, you made Rhone a great deal more fun to play.

I hope you get better soon and get to work on that area. 8pm+ PST needs more Imms! :)
100260, Parting thoughts, a few goodbyes, etc.
Posted by Rhone Jendi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So Rhone had three key turning points in his career:

First, when I selected Warlocks of the Golden Grimoire. I grepped through tons of invoker expert advice about which edges are “must haves,” but let me tell you right now: If you are a good aligned invoker this is a MUST HAVE. It is indescribably fantastic to not have to worry about your spells hitting good aligns. I took this one at like level 46ish, when I was getting pretty bummed out on the character and losing fights to Jerrorkrar of all people and this one edge seriously turned the character around.

Second, when Adekar chose me as Marshall. His first words were, “So I made you Marshall. Is that OK?” :P From that point I had to be careful of my words to others, and it really invested me in the cabal.

And finally, when I killed Tiamat. I was gunning for Darascus’s PK record, thinking I might die of old age before I hit it, but then I passed it before I even hit 480 hours, and at that point I was thinking, “Um, so what now?” I had led a few cabals before but never really “tried” to do something special with it. And then I saw a thread on the Gameplay forum where Gaplemo, who was leading around a group of about 11 (!) imperial explorers at that time, said Tiamat was next on his list. And he had what I had hypothesized would be the right core group of classes to do it. And all I could think was, “HELL NO!” So I made up a dream, posted a note to the Fortress, and tried out my first attempt at a cabal quest. It didn’t go so well at first :) Only two people responded. Yes, I was the leader of the damned cabal and only TWO people said they wanted in – the future Cardinal and Prophet. And there were one or two classes in particular we absolutely needed for my plan that the Fortress didn’t have. But a week passed, I drummed up interest, we made some adjustments, and we did it! Thank you, Guys.

It was an unbelievable feeling when Tiamat fell. As great as my first PK 15+ years ago, when my little Knight Thief double backstabbed a drow assassin with a mithril dagger. Some of you know that feeling, when the adrenaline is coursing and you just have to log out because you can’t focus. I was on a high for two days. Seriously. And it would have been perfect if Rhone had age died there (at like 520 hours) but no. Instead, I basically went on a victory lap over and over for another hundred hours on the char.

Anyway, if anyone’s still reading:

On Invokers. OK, anyone who tells you that Invokers “need” ABandS sleeks to compete ARE LYING TO YOU. This was my first mage in the 21st century, and let me tell you: I cannot believe how freaking powerful an ABandS sleek invoker is – having your sleeks means you never, ever have to fight without ABandS except for extremely rare circumstances. And that is so, so powerful. The last time I played a character this powerful was when paladin virtues first came in – that char had three virtues and it was still not as deadly or as versatile as ABS invoker. I also played a RBW and it was nothing compared to mage-with-ABS. And it’s not exactly like ABS wands are as hard to find as people make them out to be once you realize you don’t need to kill SUPERPOWERFUL mobs to get them. I don’t have an easy fix offhand, but really – IMHO ABS sleeks are just too powerful. Maybe a cool down timer, maybe only two of each sleek at a time, or something, I dunno.

It’s true that ABandS is needed most times to take a RBW in the vicinity of the Village, but that’s not because of deathblow, that’s because of bloodthirst and area spellbane. And that’s only if you can’t take advantage of battle fatigue by chasing the bloodthirster back into the Village and finish him off (Rhone couldn’t). Now that I’ve played a RBW and a mage, I can say the whole ABS/deathblow rants that have been continuously running for 10+ years is just crazy. I feel like we’re all sitting in London in front of Big Ben and these ragerhaters are wandering around asking what time it is, and I’m like “Does anyone see that big ####ing clock?”

If anyone has any questions re: invokers, let me know and I’d be happy to share whatever wisdom I’ve gleaned. The short version is:
Targeted spells do more damage than area (so engulf >> geyser).
Engulf does a lot of damage with little variation (so engulf unprotected PKs likely to flee right away)
Iceshards potentially does more damage than engulf but with lots of variation (so shards protected PKs likely to stay a while)
Nova does a #### ton of damage but is 2 rounds (do this when you’re indoors and the person(s) isn’t/aren’t going to flee right away)
I didn’t like iceneedles as much as other invoker players seem to - though it has its uses, it wasn’t about damage for me.

So, goodbyes (I’m leaving out people who’ve already posted that I’m responding to). This took too long to write what’s here, so if I missed you and you have any questions or want to tell me how great I am or how much I sucked, please feel free and I’ll respond :)

IMMS:
Thank you for being patient with me playing this character for so long. I only started it to explore areas for the first time since I was trying to write one.

FORTRESS IMMS:
I can’t believe you yahoos didn’t give me a cabal edge! I feel like that nightmare shifter! *fistshake* Shok, whenever you read this, thanks for the tat! It meant a lot to me. I made a point of trying to re-infuse your religion into the cabal, but I don’t know if it had an impact.

FORTRESS:
THANK YOU. There are a lot of different personality types that make up the Fortress. I tried to be the gruff bitter guy and the nice floofy guy, but overall I think the best trait a Fort leader can have is patience and understanding. I tried to involve people in whatever was going on, tried to get each Fort person’s back, and I hope I made the game more fun for you guys because I really tried my damnedest to.

Aliathius – Dragonslayer. You are doing an excellent job roleplaying a warm-hearted, valiant knight. I do not think there was any challenge that Aliathius would say, “Hey, you know what, Guys? I’m out.” And more was probably asked of you than any other monk spec. I hope you continue to enjoy playing the character.

Nevaelle – Dragonslayer. We were running together almost from the beginning, but somehow Rhone age dies while you’re in your prime. What’s up with that? I was totally confounded by Nevaelle’s seeming mix of vet and wide-eyed innocence. I appreciated how you were always willing and capable to mix things up, and we could not have slayed Tiamat, for example, without you. You, Aliathius, Gurz, and Athioles were four people that really left an impression. Thank you.

Dakeah – Dragonslayer. – I guess you know how excited I was to discover your virtue. You should know I tossed your name around a few times for Maran and possible leadership which says something about how highly I viewed Dakeah. Keep it up if you can! I know how hard it is to stick with the same char unless you’re me :P

Shinju – I like the whole Grapetender thing. Anyway to make that role/RP angle more visible?

Ceqiiul – thanks for the amulet idea. I always wanted to have a condeath and this is as close as I’ve ever come.

Zakuun – Up and comer. Hopefully there will be some challenges ahead to keep you interested because I have a feeling if this character is invested he’ll make an impact.

Algr/Taffer – Didn’t get to travel with you guys much, but you’re obviously solid, more lone wolf types.

Others:
Allysia – Dragonslayer! Thank you for sacrificing what you did. When Twist came down into the Blue Lair, I asked Dakaeh to immediately sanctify the room and Gurz was prep’d to bash you. No offense, but I expected you to immediately follow-self and fiend us. But to my complete surprise, you went with your loyalty to the group and because of it, we were successful, and for that, I thank you and wish I could have traveled more with you afterward.

Tavlin – I enjoyed interacting with you and wish you the best. It’s too bad I couldn’t just wave my hands and conjure up a scion because it looks like an interesting place right now. Thanks for sending me off by raiding the Fort and spiking the codex, darn you! Let’s see if you can follow-up on your dark promises of death and destruction..

Volker – Another fantastic scion. Really, between you and Tavlin the cabal is pretty solid, cool/powerful character wise. Both you and Tavlin gave off the impressions of witty and yet deranged scholarly sorts. That murdered a whole bunch.

Syther – I was impressed with your dedication to mano a mano combat. You and Flaaayin were the most dedicated ragers I encountered in that respect. But hey, I’m not one of those people that think Ragers need to fight everyone 1v1 so I wouldn’t have minded if you guys fought 2v1 or something.

Ghurn/Gry – man are scouts annoying for invokers. It was like, quicksand, vitriolic until it hits through spellbane, sit there and see who gets down to 0 first. You two were always up for trouble. Ghurn, by stripping all my coveted Dragon shinies, you absolved me from having to make difficult RP choices about whether it was OK to continue using them. Gry, Gry, Gry .. you were as tough a bard as I ever fought.

RBWs – I think I said this above, but the brutal part to berserkers is the area spellbane, not deathblow. I think an ABS invoker can take on a non-berserking RBW with pillar. Most of you guys recognized this and wouldn’t commit to fights off Eastern.

Cotzibue – I can’t believe how angry you’d get when I destroyed your zombies. It wasn’t like I was summoning them to a place in complete safety!

Astrex – I’m listing you here because that was a pretty funny loss. I’m returning from the palace with the codex, 500 hps left, scan south, and see you standing with two centurions next to thrym. I think, “hey, I’m an ABS invoker, this should be about a 50/50 fight,” and wade in. It didn’t cross my mind that you were dual wielding f’ing screaming demon maces. I mean, I might have taken a return staff out of my backback or something if I’d known :P

Rasst – You and Nemrar had an awesome team strategy that only failed when you were separated. And then you became Nightreaver and could do it yourself :P I played a few rangers in my day and know what it’s like looking for fights in the wilds so I was happy to accommodate. If only you could figure out a way to suck up more damage… probably no one would wander into the wilds.

Chulun - A force to be reckoned with, I enjoyed our on again off again, war to peace to war camaraderie.

Overall, I think the best leader I interacted with was Athioles.
The most dangerous enemy I had was Flaaaaaaaayin.
And the most memorable PK I had might have been retrieving the Orb against Pandol and the Imperial Bard-Warmaster (can't remember the name right now) while I was deafened with only a staff of storms to my name :)
100261, Nice work
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did indeed beat me to the Tiamat thing. I couldn't believe it, I was sure I could handle her with the group sizes I was able to put together with Maug. I had gotten a lot of really interested people in doing the dragons and Tiamat, so it was definately next on my list. Good job being the man to take her down, it's a hell of an acomplishment. You were by far the most difficult fight for Maug, I couldn't finish you and you couldn't finish me, it was like two damn tanks running into each other. I will say I probably had to run off from you far more than you had to run off from me. I basically took the claim the unfettered edge JUST to steal shields off your groupmates so you would be less effective against me in raid situations. It worked out pretty poorly for me actually, didn't work for me once.

While we would butt heads, and I hated not being able to muscle you around, I respected your power. Your shields were obsurdly hard to dispel off of you. Good work.
100267, ROFL. I should have known this was you.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're still my hero :)

Not really surprised this was you, as I should have put 2 and 2 together, but didn't.

Glad you rocked Shokai's tat one more time!
100287, RE: Parting thoughts, a few goodbyes, etc.
Posted by A sad day for the fort... on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never want to fight an invoker.. able to dispell my protections and flight, hold me in the quicksand, and then just drown me... very scary, so Chulun tends to keep out of your war... I have no idea the raid on the Empire with their 5 strongman was your last raid... It was a tough fight and our forces were retreating.. I look back at my group and see no Rhone.. I was quite confused at what the hell happened.. now I see why.. Enjoyed our war and peace! GLWYN
100301, Holy Crap-
Posted by Alloriana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Real Life hits me like a semi and Rhone has to go and age die, y'bastard! Remind me in the future to not miss so damn much as it's pretty obvious I have over the last week.

I personally rather liked Rhone. Definitely one of the better Marshall's I had semi-matching play times with and certainly one of the more entertaining ones. I -am- however, glad that Lori got at least one hug in. (Jeeze that's kinda familiar.)

Good luck with your next, we'll hopefully be seeing you in the Fields soon, and -hopefully- as an ally rather than an enemy. Me no likey de Scions.
100307, No need to thank me.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I told you from the start I expected us all to die and thats why I wanted to go. I also gave my word I would do everything I could in the battles. And I don't think in my long life as a Nexun I ever betrayed anyone or attacked a groupmate. So you had nothing to worry about, even when Twist came down. He could have smacked me down harder than he did, maybe stripped my songs or something, but he let it play out and the improbable happened and she died.

And it did cross my mind to fiend you all, and I imagine lots of other Nexuns would have, especially after they knew Twist was watching them. And it probably would have worked in the blue's lair since most all of you were near death and I was fully prepped and healthy. But that simply was not her RP. She made a decision before we all went, and she intended to keep it. Her real mistake was probably in making the decision to go, but that was also her RP and hey, you don't always win when you gamble :) I don't know if Twist would have brought me back in if we all died to Tiamat, but probably not. But that's alright. It was certainly one of the most interesting things I've ever gone through in CF.

Ultimately I enjoyed Rhone, and I would not have minded travelling more with you, since you were one tough SOB but generally fun to be around. But Allysia isn't a goodie by any means, so really travelling would not have worked all that often.

GL with whatever you bring to the fields next.
100333, RE: Parting thoughts, a few goodbyes, etc.
Posted by Nwesoui on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the induction. I liked what I saw of Rhone and you were a source of relief everytime you logged on as the Fortress was in danger (not that it happened a lot lately!)

Why do everyone always know who's playing who? Do I understand you were also Daracsus? If not I'd be curious to know who's the player behind this character.

Good luck with the next!
100358, Nope
Posted by Darascus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was not me. Though, I applaud any Fortvoker for giving it a go!
100359, Don't worry, you're not alone.
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I, too, don't have a clue who played Rhone.
100348, What, no words for your Theran Tour Guide and lockpick?
Posted by Thelana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had a good time exploring with Rhone, both with Thelana and her predecessor (a Fortress poisoner/thug) who, incidentally, helped you find some of your sleeks (I specifically remember helping you find your amber). I just wished that you wouldn't have abandoned Jekor and I so often when were in a difficult situation. I lost track of the number of times we'd be somewhere like Whistlewood, or the bottom of Mortorn and you'd just recall and leave us there to die. I mean, I understand the Fort was attacked and you had to go defend, but a little warning would have been nice so we could at least get out of combat. Thelana kind of lost faith in Rhone near the end as well due to so many broken promises.

Otherwise, excellent job overall. Aside from the things mentioned above, I really enjoyed interacting with Rhone. Hope your next char is as good.
100567, Heh.
I did want to say goodbye to you, Thalena. One of the primary goals I had with this character was to devote a lot of time to exploring, and because of that we were naturally suited as a team :) I am sorry that our relations frayed some near the end, but somewhere along the way Rhone became Marshall, and I became equally invested in making the Fortress as strong as it possibly could be (a morbid curiosity re: how long the Light could take hold of the pendulum). Which meant when it came to a dispute between you and a Squire, I felt I had to travel with the Squire.

Good luck with seeing all there is to see!
100419, Conflicted on Rhone
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not sure how you survived when I slept you as Uhariz and had you spelled up in Silverwood. Knowing you would call in others or come to gang me with multiple people when you were beating on me solo was also frustrating.

I also have to say an edge that gives an Invoker a lagging area spell like cone of cold is pretty ridiculous and it cost me that time in Hamsah.

Still Rhone was cool to travel with as Dhuril even though I knew I was getting you items that would help you fight me as Uhariz.
100258, Really well done
Posted by MoetEtChandon / Thuorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great job age dying.

Good Maran, good Marshall and definitely not the boring "can't talk, fighting" type. There's more to Maran life than that, all work and no play make Jack go something something, and all that.

But I know you got that :). Rhone was a fun char, hope to be on your friendly side again with the next.
100262, RE: Really well done
>Great job age dying.
>
>Good Maran, good Marshall and definitely not the boring "can't
>talk, fighting" type. There's more to Maran life than that,
>all work and no play make Jack go something something, and all
>that.
>
>But I know you got that :). Rhone was a fun char, hope to be
>on your friendly side again with the next.

Yes, my goals for the character were basically to explore areas in the game and see if I could take part in the day-to-day activities of the Fortress. It allowed me time to appreciate a character with subtlety like Thuorn. Sorry you deleted, I was looking forward to seeing how your own miniquest would develop.

A pleasure serving with you.
100253, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rhone was fun, not as crazy as Ath, but then by that same token
never got the disapproving nonesense from Thwrerrorip either
*snicker* Good luck with the next.

As an aside to mhar (who I like as well) forget fortvoker
play an acolyte and try to straighten out what you feel to
be 'off'.
100251, Thoughts on Rhone.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Through 2? characters.

Great Marshall, great leader of the Fortress, really intelligent and well-prepared.

I thought you were a little cautious at times but that's the way many of the playerbase is moving. I thought you definitely played the hardass Shokai Maran well.

Never really got to get into your RP but it seems from other people that you had solid to great RP as well.

So other than the fact I thought you played much more cautious than I would have, really great character. Be proud of this effort.
100263, RE: Thoughts on Rhone.
FWIW I can remember Ghrimriddor's last words to me. And believe me, I did my damnedest to make those shadowrunners' lives a living hell. :)
100235, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fun character. I hope you don't take offense by me saying that part of your appeal was that there was nothing elaborate or exhausting about your RP. You always seemed to be trying to involve people in something while still maintaining some sense of sportsmanship, and I always knew I could pop in for some immteraction without worrying that you would take things the wrong way.

Hope you had fun. Best of luck with your next.
100264, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
>Fun character. I hope you don't take offense by me saying
>that part of your appeal was that there was nothing elaborate
>or exhausting about your RP. You always seemed to be trying
>to involve people in something while still maintaining some
>sense of sportsmanship, and I always knew I could pop in for
>some immteraction without worrying that you would take things
>the wrong way.
>
>Hope you had fun. Best of luck with your next.

No offense taken, I wasn't trying to break the mold. I was aiming for a high-concept archetype of a powerful, benevolent sorceror/scholar hell-bent on eradicating evil and bringing the lands to eternal peace. And I think I hit the mark eventually. It's harder to do something heroic/iconic like that than it sounds in a game as dynamic as CF - it's easy to imagine yourself as powerful but accomplishing it when people are trying to humiliate you in PK is another thing. At least for me.

Part of me wanted to wield a sword, though, just for appearances. There's something visually striking about a sorceror with a hefty blade. But I couldn't hit a kobold's tail with the damned thing.
100226, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Posted by The Zaan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were truly a force, besides Gurz you were the only one who could suddenly turn the tide in the war. It was like o'#### Rhone just showed up, batton down the hatches because I knew you were coming, and that forties would suddenly log on in mass because they saw you playing. We didn't really get to fight one on one, and like I said it was like fighting a mountain. Sadly not a good match up for The Zaan. Alot of people grumbled about you but I think it was sour grapes, only bonderline thing I saw was using the scepter casting unholy word which seemed strange for the Marshall to be using. Anyway, the Empire could always use a good invoker! GLWYN

100265, Hey, Z
I don't know if you want to put this in the next chapter of the Glorious Zaan, but my last PK? Was to your fiend, buddy.

Good luck with all your ambitions.
100222, Nice Character
Posted by Oogloop on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed fighting you (didn't go well for me most the time) and enjoyed talking to you. Seemed overall a quality character, a great enemy.
100241, That first fight in the village
I'm still not sure what happened or how I survived. How I remember it is, I had like 150 or less HP left, you were convulsing, I went to nova you, and my damn ring froze me. I thought I was dead for sure. But then you flee, return, and sit there while Rhone's frozen for two hours. Did you run out of elf skins and were afraid to attack me against because of shield of electricity? I unfreeze and recall :P

That was a pretty entertaining and unique standoff. After that I pretty much learned I had to grease those elfskins and try to corral you into a small area.

Good luck, I'm sure great things are in store for your Orc!
100219, Your stories will be remembered...
Posted by Skeeta Twitterlark on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now this is big news! And what a dramatic and stylish way to go out. I've heard the story, of course, and will be re-telling it soon. :)

Of course, unlike most of the others, I can't first-hand wax poetic about your mad fighting skills, but I assume what others say is true and I can also add that Rhone was a good and willing storyteller about his accomplishments as well. That certainly can't be said about everyone.

Thanks for taking time aside from smiting evil to visit the inn to tell your tales. May Rhone Jendi ever wander the Azure Fields in blessed memory!
100266, Thank you.
I appreciate it. Your finest work!
100213, Trash char (post with proofs and logs)
Posted by Mharlndarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Absolutly trash char from my side.

1) You went OOC on me.
2) You broke every cabal rule. Killed neitral/good npcs/pcs just because you wanted to use area spell in pk.
3) Killed neitral cabal outers billion times to stop me from raiding.
4) Full loots/full sacs/ whine about eq.

You were the Good boy when imms watched you and everything was your way and the trash char when somebody killed you, outsmarted you.

Fortlanders defend the Fortress.
Pago+Jehosn+Faeshu+Rhone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(97%) (60%) (100%) -civilized- -6 AM- (-23.18%)>>
Rhone tells you 'You are right, I am weak. I suggst you do not recall the moment I attack you next time.'

(97%) (60%) (100%) -civilized- -6 AM- (-23.18%)>>
Rhone tells you 'There's no need for your fear.'

(97%) (60%) (100%) -civilized- -6 AM- (-23.18%)>> tell Rho I have no fear for you. But I have no desire to face four of you.
You tell Rhone 'I have no fear for you. But I have no desire to face four of you.'

(100%) (74%) (100%) -civilized- -7 AM- (-23.18%)>>
Rhone tells you 'Four?'

Rhone tells you 'AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH'

Rhone tells you 'Are you blind as well as dumb?'

The barrier protecting you flickers and fades away.

(100%) (89%) (100%) -civilized- -8 AM- (-23.18%)>>
Rhone tells you 'There is just me, you blind fool.'

(100%) (89%) (100%) -civilized- -8 AM- (-23.18%)>> tell Rho Dumb? Blind? No. I am not.
You tell Rhone 'Dumb? Blind? No. I am not.'

Rhone tells you 'What four?'

(100%) (89%) (100%) -civilized- -8 AM- (-23.18%)>> tell Rho And the thief. And Pago. And Jehosny.
You tell Rhone 'And the thief. And Pago. And Jehosny.'

You feel ready for another nap.

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -9 AM- (-23.18%)>> tell Rho You are blind, my dear. But I forgive you.
You tell Rhone 'You are blind, my dear. But I forgive you.'

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -9 AM- (-23.18%)>> sleep
You go to sleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No no no, mr. Rhone can't stop. Here is how you went ooc. And indeed, I turned your #### into rp, since
I am not you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhone tells you 'Becuase he is so fearful I will shatter his precious baubles.'

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -6 AM- (-23.18%)>> who pk
You cannot sense the world around you while in two dimensions.

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -6 AM- (-23.18%)>> You cannot sense the world around you while in two dimensions.

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -6 AM- (-23.18%)>>
Rhone tells you 'c pass'

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -7 AM- (-23.18%)>> tell Rho Its the only one thing you can do in this world. 'Shatter precious baubles'.
You tell Rhone 'Its the only one thing you can do in this world. 'Shatter precious baubles'.'

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -7 AM- (-23.18%)>>
Rhone tells you 'If that were true, you would have the scepter by now.'

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -7 AM- (-23.18%)>>
Rhone tells you 'But instead you are impotent, mocking me.'

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -8 AM- (-23.18%)>> tell Rho Its the truth. And there Scepter is not the argument.
You tell Rhone 'Its the truth. And there Scepter is not the argument.'

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -8 AM- (-23.18%)>>
Rhone tells you 'At least <EDITED NAME OF MY PAST CHAR> had strength.'

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -8 AM- (-23.18%)>>
Rhone tells you 'You only have empty words.'

(100%) (100%) (100%) -civilized- -8 AM- (-23.18%)>> pray Rhone tells you 'At least <EDITED NAME OF MY PAST CHAR> had strength.'
You pray to the heavens for help!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, killing neitral cabal outers to prevent me from reraiding. - typical log:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TYPICAL LOG

(98%) (41%) (100%) -civilized- -9 AM+
You feel much too macho to scream about being attacked like some kind of sissy.
Rhone utters the words, 'eugszr waouq'.
The magic of your malleability spell unravels.
A massive giant is convulsing on the ground.

You remain safe as a massive giant's slash bounces harmlessly off of gauntlets of black death.
Your smash MANGLES a massive giant!
Your smash *** DEMOLISHES *** a massive giant!

(98%) (41%) (100%) -civilized- -9 AM+ c 'disrupt bone'
You disrupt a massive giant's bones!
Your disruption <<< ERADICATES >>> a massive giant!

(98%) (37%) (100%) -civilized- -9 AM+
Rhone utters the words, 'surrabra ay hpz pzanofog'.
Drawing on himself, Rhone slowly crouches down. As his chant ends, a
Huge shaft of lightning strikes him! Standing up, he suddenly throws
Out his arms. More shafts of lightning descend!
Rhone's pillar of lightning EVISCERATES you!
Rhone's pillar of lightning does UNSPEAKABLE things to a massive giant!
A massive giant is DEAD!!
A massive giant's heart is torn from its chest.
Rhone sacrifices the burnt corpse of a massive giant to the gods.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, killing good, neitral mobs (I don't even talk about your killing neitrals PC on the "accident")

TYPICAL LOG:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(96%) (89%) (100%) -wilderness- -2 PM- (-23.18%)>>
Rhone's pillar of lightning >>> ANNIHILATES <<< a cloud mother!
Rhone's pillar of lightning does UNSPEAKABLE things to a cloud father!
Rhone's pillar of lightning *** DEVASTATES *** an arial child!
An arial child is DEAD!!
Rhone sacrifices the burnt corpse of an arial child to the gods.
Rhone's pillar of lightning >>> ANNIHILATES <<< a young cloud giant!
A young cloud giant is DEAD!!
A young cloud giant's severed head plops on the ground.
Rhone sacrifices the burnt corpse of a young cloud giant to the gods.
Rhone has a few scratches.

(89%) (89%) (100%) -wilderness- -2 PM- (-23.18%)>>
Arcs of electricity surge over a cloud father's body!
A cloud father's arcing lightning hits him.

(89%) (89%) (100%) -wilderness- -2 PM- (-23.18%)>> flee
You force your way through the swampy mire of thick gel.
As you remove yourself, the gel seeps away from your body.
You trample around loudly again.
In the Aryth Ocean

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
100214, RE: Trash char (post with proofs and logs)
Posted by Drasdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lots of people like you, but I think here you do more to make yourself look bad than Rhone.

1) I am pretty sure Rhone had the Ghrimoire edge, which means the pillars would not hit Goodies. So.... that's a moot point

2) Just because the Giant was there getting hit by pillars does not mean that's who he was aiming at. And having played a Maran Mage, I'm not so sure that I'd be too sad that the Giant got killed as collateral damage. He sure has heck isn't going to shield the giant just to kill you.

3) Your RP kind of calls for the type of responses that I saw in his, as to your previous character references, I can't speak to those because i don't even know who you are.

4) Just sounds like you're pissed that someone tooled you.
100215, +1
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Especially ridiculous to me is the idea that a Maran invoker basically isn't supposed to use his best spells because he might inconvienience you by killing the giant in the process.

It's like finding a 40 year old who still believes in Santa Claus: not only do you think they're wrong, but the fact that they could believe something so silly makes you think less of them in general.
100217, So now its ok to go OOC and kill neitral mobs as maran?
I didn't know. Really, thank you.

Just don't delete your post.
100218, RE: So now its ok to go OOC and kill neitral mobs as maran?
Go OOC: That's your interpretation of that log. I don't see it the same way.

Killing neutral mobs as a Maran in order to hit one of the most evil ####ers in the world at the same time? Yes, that's a valid RP choice.

Edit: And if you think you can play a better Fortvoker that won't do that, I dare you to try.
100220, Let me clarify
-Go OOC: That's your interpretation of that log. I don't see it the same way.-

So, when I suddenly change the way of our discussion and tell to your "queliryon" something like - "At least Cadbru had the strength" - its the perfect rp line. I got it.

Truelly, after your answer, I got the point. It will be pointless to discuss or say something bad about Rhone.

--Edit: And if you think you can play a better Fortvoker that won't do that, I dare you to try.--

You know, I rolled Mharl after your post about transmuters. And I rolled another my -past char- after your post about <edited>. Both times I proved you wrong. But you will not fool me into the rolling fortvoker. ;)
100221, I agree with Mhar on this
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not saying Rhone wasn't great 95% of the time but he did have his less than stellar moments. Pretending that him referncing Mhars previous chars was not flat out OOC under the thin guise of IC is like trying to say that water isn't wet. You can admit Rhone wasn't perfect all the time and still was a top notch character.

Frankly my impression of Rhone as a neutral was that he was just itching for an excuse to be able to hunt me too. Given he waited for a pretty good excuse before going after me it was still obvious his priority was not redemption.

That being said anyone who actually RP's a maran trying to redeem anyone is on crack because we have designed a system where mechanically nobody would bother with redepton RP even if they were in it for the RP because you have to give up your ability to function to do it.
100223, RE: I agree with Mhar on this
> Pretending that him referncing
>Mhars previous chars was not flat out OOC under the thin guise
>of IC is like trying to say that water isn't wet.

I don't have the full context because I don't know what his previous character was. (Now I'm going to have to figure it out over the weekend.)

If he, for example, played back to back Scions that comment could be perfectly IC and made without any idea who the previous character was; if his previous character was an Acolyte healer then yeah it comes off as OOC.

Edit: (But because Mhar is an evil badass, I assume his last character was also an evil badass, which would make the comment seem pretty innocent to me if so.)
100229, I think who plays Mhar could e considered common knowledge at this point
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He has never actually outed himself but given how long this char has been around everyone has had a chance to notice his "tells". I am surprised you are not aware of who it is. And yes all the ones I can think of off the top of my head were very effective evil bastards.
100230, RE: I think who plays Mhar could e considered common knowledge at this point
It's maybe more that I was (I assume) in a less active period for whatever his previous character was and missed them? I probably could narrow down the player reasonably well but if I had to name one of his previous five characters I couldn't.
100233, RE: I think who plays Mhar could e considered common knowledge at this point
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just check the true handle behind the anonymous player post and then look up all the handles posts over the past couple months, shouldn't be too hard to spot him posting as other characters way back when.

:)
100232, Damn. It means I'm still a total newb.
Because I sure as hell don't possess that common knowledge.
Not that I could have any chance of knowing his previous characters because I wasn't yet playing CF at the time.
100277, Nevermind. Looks like I know too.
nt
100586, I agree with laxman and Mharl on this
Posted by Vortex Magus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rhone looks like an skilled, positive, and competent character overall (I wouldn't know because I never interacted with him) but I really think Mharl has a pretty strong reason for his opinion.

I've seen some pretty major hissy fits thrown and I've thrown them myself, but trying to bitch out Mharl by referencing his past characters is hilariously OOC, practically a fagtron level-breakdown. And then using pillar to steal kills on cabal outers while Mharl is retrieving is blatant OOC griefing, not even possible to justify this in an RP fashion and I'm astonished you're even trying to defend this.
100588, RE: I agree with laxman and Mharl on this
I'd probably cast pillar in that situation as one of the spells most useful for killing Mhar, so I'm not really sure what's indefensible about that.
100589, AK-47
Thanks D, that's how I saw it at the time. The full log is here and pasted below (Mhal only posted an edited snippet in this thread). Basically, I dispelled Mahldran's malleability so Athioles could cranial and pulled out the biggest damage spell I knew .. at that early time in Rhone's career.

http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?3,871696,871696#msg-871696

A massive giant's slash nearly strikes you before you turn it away.

Rhone utters the words, 'eugszr waouq'.
The magic of your malleability spell unravels.

You remain safe as a massive giant's slash bounces harmlessly off of gauntlets of black death.
Your smash *** DEMOLISHES *** a massive giant!

(98%) (41%) (100%) -civilized- -9 AM+ c 'disrupt bone'
You disrupt a massive giant's bones!
Your disruption <<< ERADICATES >>> a massive giant!

(98%) (37%) (100%) -civilized- -9 AM+
Rhone's pillar of lightning does UNSPEAKABLE things to a massive giant!
A massive giant is DEAD!!
A massive giant's heart is torn from its chest.
Rhone sacrifices the burnt corpse of a massive giant to the gods.

(94%) (37%) (100%) -civilized- -9 AM+
You parry Rhone's defilement.
Your smash grazes Rhone.
Your smash grazes Rhone.

(94%) (37%) (100%) -civilized- -9 AM+ flee

You parry Rhone's defilement.
Your smash grazes Rhone.
Your smash grazes Rhone.

(94%) (37%) (100%) -civilized- -9 AM+ flee

Athioles has arrived.

(94%) (37%) (100%) -civilized- -9 AM+
Athioles fades into existence.
Athioles's cranial hit misses you.

Pillar of Lightning -- when you absolutely, positively gotta kill every mutha ####er in the room, accept no substitutes!
100634, No offense but...
I never remember your chars as being rp gods

just sayin ;)
100639, RE: No offense but...
I honestly have no idea who you are, so I guess we're even?
100663, It was lighthearted
More to say you were known for your PK than RP. If anything I owe you a few, rather than us being even :)
100665, RE: It was lighthearted
Fair enough. Tone doesn't come across in text very well and all that.
100224, My Rhone experience did not align with yours.
Posted by Battle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On more than one occasion Rhone could have smoked me and chose not to because I wasn't evil.

Also, posting on the battlefield thread of a character you hated is probably best left off, especially if you're going to use an active character name as a handle. I won't be able to not think less of your character now. So thanks for screwing that rp potential for me.
100257, I'm going to be laughing so hard
Posted by Swordsosaurus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you don't get any Christmas presents this year. I can't believe you said Santa isn't real.
100216, I strongly suggest you to reread my logs since
a) You missed the part where he killed neitral mobs (killing childrens is good for maran rp, yes.)

b) You missed again, he killed the neitral mob and more neitral outer mob.

c) You missed again, He went ooc.

d) I neved died to Rhone. It was "the elephant vs the whale" fight.
100225, I strongly suggest you re-read your own post
>Absolutly trash char from my side.

>1) You went OOC on me.

You provide no true context here to say why this was OOC. Do you know him OOC and he Knows you? If none of us know this previous char, why do you assume he does?

>2) You broke every cabal rule. Killed neitral/good npcs/pcs just >because you wanted to use area spell in pk.

Umm, I've played a bunch of Forties. I am pretty sure he didn't break _EVERY_ cabal rule. And to your point, sure, his spells hit children, and that would be frowned upon by most, but there are no strait and hard rules in fort to prevent them from killing neutral mobs. If they spent their whole life killing nothing but Neutral, i am sure it would be a valid point, but I doubt that killing them in collateral damage fightin the most evil char alive now is more than a blip on the radar. And by the way, you were the one that said he killed Goodie mobs, which with the Grimoire edge, I believe isn't possible.

>3) Killed neitral cabal outers billion times to stop me from >raiding.

Really? Billions? I read this log, and I think lots of others do as him trying to kill you, period. if he was trying to keep you from retrieving, he would have cast spells that focused on the giant and not you.

>4) Full loots/full sacs/ whine about eq.

So if he never killed you, how would he full you?

>You were the Good boy when imms watched you and everything was your
>way and the trash char when somebody killed you, outsmarted you.

How do we know when the IMM's are watching? Do you have a trigger for that? I'd love to have it so I could do some really cool stuff when they are watching and get some nice shiny rewards.

It's probably time for you to stop posting.... This isn't going to get better for you.
100234, RE: I strongly suggest you re-read your own post
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>How do we know when the IMM's are watching? Do you have a
>trigger for that? I'd love to have it so I could do some
>really cool stuff when they are watching and get some nice
>shiny rewards.

You should know by now that I'm always watching :P
100236, RE: I strongly suggest you re-read your own post
Shhh, Stop giving away my secrets..... but the real question is did you know this time, or did I surprise you?
100250, I think you need to re-read yours
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had little to do with Rhone so can't comment on the character, but it's simple for me to see how:

Rhone never killed Mhar
and
Rhone full looted

can both be true.

Answer: If the victims of the full loots were not Mhar, but Mhar witnessed them. Not at all unlikely for a sneaking muter.
100237, Mharldarn
>1) You went OOC on me.

I did not realize you played that prior character until you went ballistic on me. It was one of those funny situations like what happened between Prothero's outlander app and a Harbinger. Your RP, whether intentional or not, seems geared towards getting players upset, and the trash talking reminded me of another character with a similar background to yours. I didn't put two and two together until I saw your reaction and it was like "Holy ####, he IS that guy." Sorry, Man, but in CF, I talk about past characters all the time - I think it adds a depth and history to what is happening in the game and makes it a fuller experience. I have no way of telling whether or not you played that guy, and it honestly didn't cross my mind until after it was all said and done.

Anyway, we never spoke after that event, and I have to say I appreciated the quiet. Because other than your verbal interactions, I enjoyed having a challenging character around to raid against even though you were loathe to take risks.

>2) You broke every cabal rule. Killed neitral/good npcs/pcs
>just because you wanted to use area spell in pk.

I had an edge that prevented my area spells from harming good aligns. I would call this edge a MUST HAVE, by the way, for people looking into goodie invokers.

Re: neutral mobs, I was playing a Shokai follower with a much more aggressive approach than someone like Daurwyn. The way I saw it, IC, my wrath could not harm the innocent. So if a mob or whatever was struck down by Rhone's sorcery, then it had been judged less than righteous. It's not as though I intentionally hunted neutral mobs or PCs - in fact, I avoided killing them if possible and informed them if I was going to hunt them and why I was going to hunt them so they'd know. But Shokai Maran have one rule that they never break and that is killing a Lightwalker - IMHO neutrals don't apply and I'm not going to lose sleep over their loss during the course of killing the leader of the chasm.

Anyway, neutral killing is a complex issue, and I don't get the sense from you that you want to discuss complex issues with me.

>3) Killed neitral cabal outers billion times to stop me from
>raiding.

This made me laugh. It reminds me of Austin Powers, when Dr. Evil puts his pinky to his chin and says, "A HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS." :)

>4) Full loots/full sacs/ whine about eq.
>

There were a few things that really annoyed me while playing Rhone. In order, they were:

1. Dying while link dead and getting looted (I got over this for the last 50-100 hours when it seemed like I'd lose link 4-5 times a session).

2. Dying to an enemy I'd killed before, and left his crap, and now he's killed me and takes a bunch of my crap. (I know this is a pretty lame thing to get upset over, but man, it's hard and I really don't get the whole unwritten looting code in CF).

3. Trash-talking. Here's where you and a couple other characters fit in. I hate trash talking in CF. I'm playing to enjoy the whole immersion/addiction thing, not to feel as though I'm stepping on to a basketball court looking for a pickup game. You edited out a TON of stuff from that conversation, but basically you and a couple others just really rubbed me the wrong way with the trash talking, and I decided (again, pre-Marshall days) to respond in an over-the-top manner until you gave up on it. And ... it worked! :)

Anyway, I only killed you once, with - haha this is funny - Karkarrak (that I recall) and I left all your crap so I'm not sure where this full looting thing is coming from. I also never died to Mharldarn so I don't see how whining over gear applies to you, either.

But overall, and I mean this sincerely:
Other than our in game communications, I thought Mharlndarn was a solid enemy. I tried to make it clear to you and others that you were nothing to be afraid of, which is why I'd raid you with only one or two other people (and believe me, that is extremely dangerous to raid a scion chancellor under those conditions), but I did treat you as a deadly threat and someone I absolutely did not want to fall to (because I didn't want to have to deal with the inevitable OOC forum mockery :P). For that reason, I carried the heartseeker for several hundred hours - just for your character. And I was grateful to be playing a class combo Mharl couldn't handle.

I think if you have a weakness, it is that you don't seem to like other characters unless you semi-regularly "frag" them. And if you aren't able to frag them, you trash talk them trying to rile them up into doing something stupid so you can frag them. My humble suggestion would be to ask yourself, "Why?" Why not appreciate that you have enemies that present a challenge to you, and you have to do something clever to outsmart them? I know I appreciated the times I raided the chasm while you defended, and the time we fought back and forth in Voralia. I love shining up my PK counts as much as the next person, but at the end of the day, I appreciate accomplishing something challenging.

Anyway, just something to think about.
100238, For all new and old school cf player. Just read his comments.
1) ONE

-saw your reaction and it was like "Holy ####, he IS that guy." Sorry, -Man, but in CF, I talk about past characters all the time - I think it -adds a depth and history

Read my log, read his answer. This is how you can ignore NO-OOC rules in game. He broke the law now he wants to show us that its legal

2) SECOND

-So if a mob or whatever was struck down by Rhone's sorcery, then it -had been judged less than righteous.

He tells us and Daevryn supports him - thats now its legal to kill neitral pc/npc if your role righthouses maran (I found, and I will post it in my farewells all daevryns imm comments on other chars about how bad such thing.)

3) THIRD

-I hate trash talking in CF

I suggest you to reraid my first post. And again I will post the full trash talk from your side in my farewells.

4) Fourth
-Anyway, I only killed you once, with - haha this is funny

We will check you pbf and find that you didn't kill me.

5) And the last part.

-And if you aren't able to frag them, you trash talk them trying to rile

You started that ####.

You are the boy who crys about wolves. Other then all that (if there was anything) well done.

And PS: My dear Daevryn, when you want to defend somebody wrong move, please, coordinate first. Since Rhone just admited that he went ooc.
100239, Quick link re Maran killing neutrals:
>2) SECOND
>
>
>-So if a mob or whatever was struck down by Rhone's sorcery,
>then it -had been judged less than righteous.
>
>He tells us and Daevryn supports him - thats now its legal to
>kill neitral pc/npc if your role righthouses maran (I found,
>and I will post it in my farewells all daevryns imm comments
>on other chars about how bad such thing.)
>

Here's Shokai's view on the subject (it is consistent with Rhone's view):
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=4174&mesg_id=4175&page=

>
>4) Fourth
>-Anyway, I only killed you once, with - haha this is funny
>
>We will check you pbf and find that you didn't kill me.
>
>

Here's your log where you say, "Last time I got enwined and died to two of them, but its time to revenge." I was just going by your own words:

http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?3,877957,877957#msg-877957

>And PS: My dear Daevryn, when you want to defend somebody
>wrong move, please, coordinate first. Since Rhone just admited
>that he went ooc.

No, I didn't. Sometimes I don't think we speak the same language, Mharldarn. Anyway, I tried to be gracious but apparently that has no effect on you so I'll just leave you alone and get back to writing my goodbyes!

Good luck with the rest of Mharl's life.
100242, Thank for you two for answers so quick (Part for Rhone)
-Here's Shokai's view on the subject (it is consistent with Rhone's view)-

And its not ok to kill neitrals in current cf.Who was your Imm? Not Shokai. Then you broke your rp, simple.

-Here's your log where you say, "Last time I got enwined and died to two of them, but its time to revenge." I was just going by your own words:-

Did you miss the part where we will check your PBF? You were there in same room. I admit. And I died to Karkarak (Careful Kar, with hormones) ;)

100243, RE: Thank for you two for answers so quick (Part for Rhone)
Dude had Shokai's tat.

***EDITED TO ADD***

More than one of us has said it's time to give it up, and it's time to give it up. Dude you're wrong on every subject you've raised. I used to respect Mharl, did with a bunch of Chars, because I chalked up the trash talk to RP. But now i think it's more the player, and I just don't want to deal with that.
100240, RE: For all new and old school cf player. Just read his comments.
>He tells us and Daevryn supports him - thats now its legal to
>kill neitral pc/npc if your role righthouses maran (I found,
>and I will post it in my farewells all daevryns imm comments
>on other chars about how bad such thing.)

It's about context, which is a detail that is somehow being lost on you.

Maran killing good = always bad.

Maran killing evil = always good.

Maran killing neutral = it depends. And catching something neutral in an area spell you're casting to nuke the Chancellor of Scion is extremely defensible. If you can find me saying otherwise, I'd like to see it.

>And PS: My dear Daevryn, when you want to defend somebody
>wrong move, please, coordinate first. Since Rhone just admited
>that he went ooc.

I don't want to bash on your English, because it's surely better than my (whatever your native tongue is) but you are losing something in the translation here.
100244, Thank for you two for answers so quick (Part for Daevryn)

-Maran killing neutral = it depends. And catching something neutral in -an area spell you're casting to nuke the Chancellor of Scion is -extremely defensible. If you can find me saying otherwise, I'd like to -see it.

I really like you, but its not about me (Chancellor), just make a quick search on qhcf, it was his typical behavior. I don't know what you are trying to prove. His words completly against yours.

-I don't want to bash on your English,-

Strange, everyone understood the part about OOC,killing neitrals even Rhone.
100246, RE: Thank for you two for answers so quick (Part for Daevryn)
The translation isn't in my understanding what you're saying, but in you understanding what others are saying.

I get that you think Rhone stated he was going OOC, but I don't get that out of what he said and according to him that's not what he was saying either.

Edit: Anyway, this is a big digression on my part in this thread and I don't think it's constructive, so I'm going to try to let it go here.
100247, I will repost it for you.
Rhone : it was like "Holy ####, he IS that guy.

Maybe I read it wrong.
100248, So? You reminded him of some past character he knew.
He mentioned his name to you and you reacted in such a way that he thought to himself, "Holy ####, he IS that guy". But the words were already said, so... yeah...
100259, It seems you just want to think badly about Rhone
Posted by MoetEtChandon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And will throw whatever you can find at him, but sadly you're not throwing anything substantial. So, quit slinging mud, while you still have 'some' dignity left.
100245, Even *IF* you were 100% right, you're not doing yourself any favors here.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Take it from me, it's best to just not post as an active character. Really. There are things that are more important than being right, and one of them is to not make too much of a spectacle out of yourself while you're still active. I say this as someone who didn't do myself any favors, in this exact same way. Save your venom for your own deletion/con death/age death. Then you can say whatever you like, and won't taint your character with it.
100416, This log shows Rhone the char killing children.
I had a few Maran when I played and that to me goes against everything the Maran stand for.

Not reading into everything else Mharlndarn is saying but I agree with him that blasting neutral children mobs to try and kill evil guy I thought is spelled out as "Don't become so thirsty for the death of the wicked that you become one yourself". Rhone was Marshall too? To me thats taking the easy way out by saying "Well I have RP that explains why it's ok". But please realize the Fort mortal leaders have been Athioles and Rhone lately who both ganged like crazy and exhibited behavior repeatedly killing neutrals etc.

100570, Well -
>I had a few Maran when I played and that to me goes against
>everything the Maran stand for.
>
>Not reading into everything else Mharlndarn is saying but I
>agree with him that blasting neutral children mobs to try and
>kill evil guy I thought is spelled out as "Don't become so
>thirsty for the death of the wicked that you become one
>yourself". Rhone was Marshall too? To me thats taking the easy
>way out by saying "Well I have RP that explains why it's ok".
>But please realize the Fort mortal leaders have been Athioles
>and Rhone lately who both ganged like crazy and exhibited
>behavior repeatedly killing neutrals etc.
>
>

Rhone had 142 PKs, and only 12 of those were neutral. None were good align. That means 92% of his PKs were evil-doers. Personally, I think that is an impressive ratio and demonstrates I didn't go "crazy" while "repeatedly killing neutrals." It's not as though I could not have PKd 130 more neutral PCs and another 130 goodie PCs - but I didn't do it precisely because I agree with you that a Maran good align should not be gratuitously slaughtering everything that moves.

Basically, if Rhone had cut down Lightwalkers to kill Mhadlarn, I'd agree with you. Because Lightwalkers are innocent, and may not be slaughtered under any circumstances (I'd even say good align Outlanders wantonly killing good align cabal enemies should have their align lowered - because what's the point of being good align if that's how you play it). But these were not innocents, they were neutral mobs. And I think it takes a certain level of neutral-mob slaughter to raise align issues which a situation like this does not come close to reaching.

I don't know what more to say about it, but I'm happy to participate in a thread on Gameplay re: it.
100212, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Posted by Morin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, this makes me really really sad. I had so many plans for us, but I guess I should have seen it coming. I think I had three characters interact with you. And I have to say it was Awesome with all three. Just a well played character all around.

GLWYN
100254, Kubolza,Vankhu,Ytreiken.
Posted by wikataw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry for all the sour grapes.
But boy oh boy, was it nuts facing you and eagle/tiger
healer gating and paladin with two of my conjies. Nuts.

My cheetah armadillo atleast fragged some of your newb followers.
100211, Wonderfully played!
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rhone was an absolute joy to be around and interact with. You were just wonderful in every aspect. I hope that you enjoyed our many interactions and I'm sorry I couldn't have given you more of them in other/cooler ways. Definitely a superb leader through some very tough times for Fort and I think you handled yourself very well. You commanded a lot of respect and were everything I think a goodie leader should be.

Again, well played. I'm really glad I could be a part of this character's life.

Nae-nae
100210, I can't say enough good about Rhone.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No. Seriously. I've tried.

You were probably the best cabal mate all around that I've ever had. From the hundreds of PKs we had together to the hundreds of raids to the hundreds of hours just sitting there watching quicksand it was easily the most enjoyable time I've had in my decade of mudding.

I wish I could have age died with you (it was my goal) but alas real life reared it's ugly head. I'm very happy to see you stuck it out. You made the Fortress a better place for everyone and you were an excellent Marshall, if not the best I've seen.

As for Aiocis I really wish I had that log. That half hour we had to spend down there just waiting was some of the more "bored and pissed off" rp I've had with someone else. Then when they finally stumbled in and I almost blew the PK killing a nexun while you were chasing the bastard down was funny. Me stealing the killing blow after all your hard work was the icing on the cake :p

Good luck with your next man. I hope we cross paths again.

-Ath
100268, Athioles
I can't remember if I said this in your goodbye thread, but Athioles was one of the best leaders I have seen in CF. You were completely fearless in pursuing the cabal's objectives, and had everyone's back in a way that was very charismatic. In fact, I think you steered the Scribes and Acolytes a bit off their path through your infectious demeanor. It was a good deal of fun serving as your lieutenant.

Basically, it was an effective approach to leading that I just hadn't seen before. And when I became Marshall, believe me, I attempted to mimic it as best I could.

The Aiocis scenario was pretty entertaining. My favorite memory of Athioles was when you inducted me, though. I'd just managed to defeat a berserker warrior without wands and grabbed his sword as a symbolic trophy to bring to you. He was a little upset, but hey. I come to the tara'bal and tell you, "Hail, I have brought the blade of Zaahir."

You are sitting in the Altar Room, and said, "You killed him with your own hand?"
I said, "Yes."
You induct me. I go to the Altar and meet you, bow, and say, "The blade of Zaahir, Marshall." And hand it to you.

And without a word or glance, you tossed it into the chest.

Heh. Trophies weren't Athioles' bag.
100209, Man, does time flow that fast!
Posted by Mirrou on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know you were around for long time, but somehow this still comes unexpected. And 617 hours does seem kinda not a lot for half-elf leader...

Maybe I'm biased (I rarely play evils) but what experience I had with you in Fort was awesome. Inspiring was the best word to describe you. You logging on always changed the whole field, and not primarily because you were a PK powerhouse yourself, no, you just sorta gave us all a morale boost ;) As a true leader should. Well done.

I can hope I'll like your next character regardless of us being friends or enemies. Best of luck!
100269, RE: Man, does time flow that fast!
Thanks, Mirrou. Keep at it. You have a ton of spunk and heart, and the Fortress is a fuller place with you in it.
100203, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Posted by Gurz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
About time, bastard. Well played.
100204, You were straight up awesome.
Good luck with your next, Gurz. I hope we're on the same side again some time. I have a feeling I'll recognize the stubborn, well-RP'd vet that does something against cabal dogma to make his experience just a little more challenging :)
100201, Take care.
Posted by Jallastan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know what to write since I've said it in game for the most
part. Too bad that raid took place right after you died. Could have
used some of that last minute wisdom.
100208, RE: Take care.
No kidding, what a send off.

The one thing I didn't get to do much of with this character was defend against reasonably-sized raiding parties (~4 v 1). And then two of them go down within 15 minutes of Rhone age dying!

I appreciate the kind words. Good luck with Jall. Shoot for the age death.
100200, The crying, the crying the crying
Posted by Aiocis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All I got to see from you was crying and full looting. Grats on being the first person (I think at least) that I ever had to use the ignore command on.
100205, The first time is always special
;)

Well, you were playing a corrupt Tribunal and gave me two complete BS flags as well as a third BS flag that you were indirectly involved in. I dunno, Man. I realize corrupt Tribunal is a valid RP choice, but personally (not an official opinion) I don't think it should be, particularly because there are severe RP implications for wanted good aligns. I tried to resolve your corruption IC (which you call crying) and it would take a real life week or more to get a decision to get your flags removed - by that time I'd already fallen to mobs or something. This was actually the first character I've played that had legitimate RP reasons to challenge BS flags and corrupt Tribunal and I was curious to see if the "system" worked.

Regardless, you can't make everyone happy.

Good luck with your next.
100199, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Posted by Sivyh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Boy did I despise me some Rhone. You seemed to have a knack for inspiring me to go "full retard".
100206, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Hey, Sivyh :)

I'm trying to put together a set of goodbyes and parting thoughts but it's taking forever and I won't get to it until tomorrow I guess.

But here's what I can say about Sivyh:
While playing Rhone, I came across hundreds of characters that were scared ####less of quicksand. You were the only one that showed absolutely no fear. From the very first time we fought when you followed me into that wood-elf forest I can't remember the name of. I respected Sivyh a great deal - for your level headedness as well as your willingness to take risks. Hat's off to you.

So you don't need my advice (and please don't take this as any sort of critique), but empire assassin + hit once & flee + imperial spies is a lot scarier than empire assassin + rpk at the imperial council. The mere threat of you stalking made you one of a small group of people I would be nervous about raiding 2 or 3 vs 1 against.
100228, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
Posted by Sivyh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>While playing Rhone, I came across hundreds of characters that
>were scared ####less of quicksand. You were the only one that
>showed absolutely no fear.

I probably should have had more fear considering it killed me several times. The times I weren't afraid were usually when I'd dumped my inventory somewhere or when I had an orb of travel on hand.

>From the very first time we fought
>when you followed me into that wood-elf forest I can't

That was the first instance of "full retard". I died there because of wimpy flee. I was about to vanish when wimpy kicked in and was blocked by the quicksand, thereby lagging me.

>The mere threat of you stalking made
>you one of a small group of people I would be nervous about
>raiding 2 or 3 vs 1 against.

Whenever you raided it was so quick there was only time to get maybe two stalks before the inners were dead and you were on your way out. But yes, I could stand to be more judicious in deciding when to defend and when to opt out.
100270, RE: (AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Rhone Jendi the Awakened Fire of the Phoenix, Marshall of the Fortress, Dragonslayer
>Whenever you raided it was so quick there was only time to get
>maybe two stalks before the inners were dead and you were on
>your way out. But yes, I could stand to be more judicious in
>deciding when to defend and when to opt out.

Don't change a thing. Now that I'm out of the game, I'll be cheering for you to lay down the smack in these defenses.
100198, Yay!
Posted by Kanye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were awesome man! Fought you tons as Kjaz and my current. I'm away for the army doing some field exercises, will post more when I have a real internet connection. Please reval the player of this char.
100207, Big Kjaz fan here
Heh. I'll post more too, tomorrow. But I really liked having Kjaz as an enemy. Not sure who your current is, but I probably liked him, too :P

You're welcome in my cabal anytime - and I'd gladly follow one of your characters on a rushed, dangerous attack. But I guess our characters are fated to beat each other's heads in.