Subject: "Make drinking blood eventually cause you to be full." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #300
Show all folders

Wayward KnightMon 12-Dec-11 10:25 AM
Member since 06th Jan 2010
129 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#300, "Make drinking blood eventually cause you to be full."

I went through a hero log that involved an orc from the orc's perspective and in the total span of about ten seconds of command-entry-to-command-execution time (the time it takes for you to enter a command AND see the results of the command) the orc healed, I believe, just shy of 3000 hp.

Of course he did not heal it all at once, but it was:

drink
drink
drink
drink
(1 second time lapse)

fight more

drink
drink
drink
drink
(1 second time lapse)

And so on.

I would really like to believe that I am not the only one who thinks it is absolutely ####ing ridiculous that an orc can heal that many hit points in no time at all.

If they can't be full, then perhaps lower the timeframe on exsanguinate, but limit the amount of blood that can be carried at any given time.

Something.

Anything?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Honest question: Have you played an orc?, Straklaw, 12-Dec-11 01:20 PM, #3
Reply RE: Honest question: Have you played an orc?, Tac, 12-Dec-11 03:04 PM, #4
     Reply It was a long fight. nt, Wayward Knight, 12-Dec-11 09:23 PM, #8
          Reply This is a long fight...., Tac, 13-Dec-11 12:17 PM, #9
Reply RE: Make drinking blood eventually cause you to be full..., Daevryn, 12-Dec-11 12:33 PM, #1
     Reply It does cause you to become full btw., Tac, 12-Dec-11 01:20 PM, #2
     Reply Santa Daevryn?, Tac, 12-Dec-11 03:04 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Santa Daevryn?, Daevryn, 12-Dec-11 03:15 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Make drinking blood eventually cause you to be full..., Wayward Knight, 12-Dec-11 09:23 PM, #7

StraklawMon 12-Dec-11 01:19 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#304, "Honest question: Have you played an orc?"
In response to Reply #0

If not, you should see this from the other side.

1) There is a timer on exsanguinate. I cringe whenever I see much blood being drank, knowing how much time gets put into COLLECTING that much blood.

2) Similarly, there also is an indirect limit on what you can carry, because of weight. Although I *THINK* they've been dropped, they're still around five pounds or so. That does add up quick.

3) Also consider how dangerous spam-drinking that much blood is so close to a fight. Eleagra recently died to Fjodir from spam of eating from a pouch of nourishment.

Admittedly, I *BELIEVE* exsanguinate and the bloody skins have been improved a good bit (weight, blood carried, amount healed) from my last serious orc, but it's still got a lot involved to it. Also, I'm *PRETTY* certain that the skins are noticably impacted by NPC vs. PC, and level of the corpse.

Also, as a final gameplay comment - I'm also about 90-95% certain drinking blood DOES make you full (you won't be able to eat other preps), but since it's still a DRINK there's no limit to the amount of drinking a character can do.

TacMon 12-Dec-11 01:57 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#305, "RE: Honest question: Have you played an orc?"
In response to Reply #3

>1) There is a timer on exsanguinate. I cringe whenever I see
>much blood being drank, knowing how much time gets put into
>COLLECTING that much blood.

I would ask for a lowering on the timer based on level or something.... if I had a Santa Zulg request left.

>2) Similarly, there also is an indirect limit on what you can
>carry, because of weight. Although I *THINK* they've been
>dropped, they're still around five pounds or so. That does
>add up quick.

I don't believe this is true.

>3) Also consider how dangerous spam-drinking that much blood
>is so close to a fight. Eleagra recently died to Fjodir from
>spam of eating from a pouch of nourishment.
>
>
>Admittedly, I *BELIEVE* exsanguinate and the bloody skins have
>been improved a good bit (weight, blood carried, amount
>healed) from my last serious orc, but it's still got a lot
>involved to it. Also, I'm *PRETTY* certain that the skins are
>noticably impacted by NPC vs. PC, and level of the corpse.

I don't believe they've been improved since they were nerfed via item standardization and then again when the sip "bug" was fixed. If they have been upgraded since then, I didn't see an announcement and haven't noticed it with subsequent orcs.

>Also, as a final gameplay comment - I'm also about 90-95%
>certain drinking blood DOES make you full (you won't be able
>to eat other preps), but since it's still a DRINK there's no
>limit to the amount of drinking a character can do.

The craziest part for me from the orignal comment is... Consider that an orc is healing 3000hp for one fight and what that means as far as how well an orc fights without that healing.... Parrying with your face and dodging like a rock makes 1k hp disappear very fast. I believe I got 2 rounded with my last orc from 1k to 0 against a rager, which is somewhat understandable, but I was prepped and only 1 deathblow hit (last hit before I would have been able to flee).

Wayward KnightMon 12-Dec-11 07:13 PM
129 posts
#322, "It was a long fight. nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

TacTue 13-Dec-11 09:37 AM
2050 posts
#334, "This is a long fight...."
In response to Reply #8

http://www.qhcf.net/phorum/read.php?3,805287,805287#msg-805287
and the logs that follow with same title.

And if ever you start thinking orc healing is too strong, remember that this was with the sip bug and I still died horribly in the end, because an outlander air offense shapeshifter could outlast who knows how much healing (at a rough guess I'd say at least 10k) while fighting me in the orc village.

Also, Skuggra suck.

DaevrynMon 12-Dec-11 12:33 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#302, "RE: Make drinking blood eventually cause you to be full..."
In response to Reply #0

I honestly believe you may be the only person who plays CF and feels that orcs are too good.

TacMon 12-Dec-11 12:34 PM
2050 posts
#303, "It does cause you to become full btw."
In response to Reply #1

But much like every other consumable liquid in CF, you can never become too full to drink.

You can't eat though, which is why glutton is probably number 1 on my orc edge must have list.

TacMon 12-Dec-11 01:59 PM
2050 posts
#306, "Santa Daevryn?"
In response to Reply #2

Have any edges become "standard" parts of the class like it was originally thought they might? Maybe it is time to revisit that with some stats on what gets taken a lot and see if it isn't time to make glutton (for example) just part of the base abilities of an orc.

DaevrynMon 12-Dec-11 03:15 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#309, "RE: Santa Daevryn?"
In response to Reply #5

As such, no, I haven't merged edges back into the class so far.

I did, however, at one point decide that several things that I had drawn up as future orc edges would (and did) just become standard class or adaptation features. Making skills that I didn't think were very good just better rather than making an edge to make them better, etc.

Wayward KnightMon 12-Dec-11 07:11 PM
129 posts
#321, "RE: Make drinking blood eventually cause you to be full..."
In response to Reply #1

Sorry, I did not mean to say that they are too good.

I have steamrolled orcs and been steamrolled by them - they seem to be very situational to me. No, I have not played one, but I intend to.

However, the point remains, 3000 hp in about ten seconds of entering commands.

That is not insane?

Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #300 Previous topic | Next topic