Subject: "Change to Svirfnebli" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #288
Show all folders

fist-lawMon 12-Dec-11 12:28 AM
Member since 30th Sep 2011
149 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#288, "Change to Svirfnebli"

Remove the innate resistance to magic that svirfnebli have.

Why? Dwarves, duergar, and felar (with the Magic's Scars edge) resist magic already. There is no reason given in the Svirfnebli helpfile as to why they resist it. There is also no indication, thematically, that they should in any svirfnebli-heavy place in Thera. At the moment, they heavily slant towards being ragers because they are perfectly built for it, with permanent detect invis and stoneskin on a stick.

I guess I just think their inherent abilities are just too good, and too appealing to the rager power gamer. If anything, gnomes should resist magic, since that's what they're supposed to be really well known for.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourMon 12-Dec-11 04:18 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#318, "Santa Zulg brings you coal (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

fist-lawMon 12-Dec-11 05:12 PM
Member since 30th Sep 2011
149 posts
#320, "RE: further posts"
In response to Reply #1

I have a few more ideas (more along the lines of the scan all change). Should I post or wait for next year? I don't want to overdo it.

Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #288 Previous topic | Next topic