Subject: "Dirt kick." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #238
Show all folders

DallevianWed 07-Dec-11 02:39 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1639 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#238, "Dirt kick."

Make dirt kick last a range of pulses instead of 0 hours. The variance of ticks often makes this skill a waste even when trying to time it well.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourThu 15-Dec-11 03:57 PM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#397, "RE: Dirt kick."
In response to Reply #0

>Make dirt kick last a range of pulses instead of 0 hours.
>The variance of ticks often makes this skill a waste even when
>trying to time it well.

This would end up being ~4-6 rounds of combat most likely, which I'm not sure is actually better than 0 ticks.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

TacThu 15-Dec-11 04:57 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#398, "I'm not sure about better either...."
In response to Reply #1

but it would certainly be different. As it stand, you can (at times) dirt kick and not even have a chance to disarm before they can see again, let alone pick up/sac their weapon before dirt kick wears off (depending on timing). Or worse, you dirt kick that entwining bastard to make him pay for his entwine and then he can see again before his own lag on entwine has worn off, allowing him you rewield and get a command in while you are cursing your choice to dirt kick...

If dirt kick was 4-6 rounds, you could guarantee certain things would be possible during dirt kick, and simultaneously make it harder to know if you should go for the disarm or whatever (still a chance of not getting the grab/sac in if it is 4 rounds). I sort of assume you meant 4-6 rounds as a variable timer.

I find this change interesting hypothetically, but I'm not sure how it would play out in actual gameplay. Might be interesting for team edge to make an edge out of it.

I think if this was an edge I'd take it. Nothing pisses me off more than dirting something and then having it immediately wipe out dirt without getting a chance to make use of the blindness, but if I was better about noticing ticks in combat, it probably wouldn't be worth the edge points.

DallevianThu 15-Dec-11 05:12 PM
1639 posts
#401, "Yep. I was thinking 5 to 8 rounds."
In response to Reply #2

Maybe an edge that does +2 rounds so you could feasibly get 7 to 10 or something. Or if Zulgh did 4 to 6, the edge would give 6 to 8. Y'know.

ZulghinlourThu 15-Dec-11 05:23 PM
9792 posts
#403, "RE: Yep. I was thinking 5 to 8 rounds."
In response to Reply #3

>Maybe an edge that does +2 rounds so you could feasibly get 7
>to 10 or something. Or if Zulgh did 4 to 6, the edge would
>give 6 to 8. Y'know.

5-8 rounds makes it ~25% better than it is today (on average), which I don't think it needs. Tossing 2 more rounds on top of that...no. I really don't see an edge to make dirt kicking longer, but who knows...I've only written 2 in my time.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #238 Previous topic | Next topic