Subject: "emperor and channels" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #111
Show all folders

IsildurSun 27-Nov-11 09:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#111, "emperor and channels"

Let the emperor speak on sect channels. Sect members would frequently use their sect channel to say something to "Emperor + sect members". It annoyed me that I could never respond to "only those who heard the thing the guy originally said".

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Santa Zulg abides (n/t), Zulghinlour, 01-Dec-11 08:35 PM, #1
     Reply While you're at it.., Lhydia, 01-Dec-11 10:55 PM, #2
          Reply No clue what you're talking about (n/t), Zulghinlour, 01-Dec-11 10:56 PM, #3
               Reply RE: No clue what you're talking about (n/t), ORB, 02-Dec-11 02:17 PM, #4
               Reply They have been able to for quite awhile, Zulghinlour, 02-Dec-11 02:22 PM, #7
               Reply Shadow Lord.., Lhydia, 02-Dec-11 02:17 PM, #5
                    Reply RE: Shadow Lord.., Zulghinlour, 02-Dec-11 02:19 PM, #6
                         Reply RE: Shadow Lord.., Lhydia, 03-Dec-11 01:06 PM, #8
                         Reply RE: Shadow Lord.., Zulghinlour, 03-Dec-11 01:10 PM, #10
                              Reply Being an Imperial Shadow addict..., Straklaw, 03-Dec-11 01:51 PM, #11
                              Reply RE: Being an Imperial Shadow addict..., Isildur, 03-Dec-11 04:05 PM, #12
                              Reply Maybe some disconnect here?, wareagle, 04-Dec-11 02:48 PM, #13
                                   Reply RE: Maybe some disconnect here?, Lhydia, 04-Dec-11 09:17 PM, #14
                                        Reply Or, you just didn't state what you meant, Oldril, 10-Dec-11 05:35 PM, #15
                         Reply RE: Shadow Lord.., Isildur, 03-Dec-11 01:14 PM, #9

ZulghinlourThu 01-Dec-11 08:35 PM
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#146, "Santa Zulg abides (n/t)"
In response to Reply #0

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

LhydiaThu 01-Dec-11 09:27 PM
2391 posts
#147, "While you're at it.."
In response to Reply #1

Let the Shadow Sect power of remaining hidden while using CB/cabal powers carry over to Emperor status?

ZulghinlourThu 01-Dec-11 10:56 PM
9792 posts
#149, "No clue what you're talking about (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

ORBFri 02-Dec-11 05:13 AM
993 posts
#152, "RE: No clue what you're talking about (n/t)"
In response to Reply #3

What about allowing sect leaders to send notes just to their own sects?

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

ZulghinlourFri 02-Dec-11 02:22 PM
9792 posts
#160, "They have been able to for quite awhile"
In response to Reply #4

note to blade
note to black
note to shadow
note to divine

LhydiaFri 02-Dec-11 07:09 AM
2391 posts
#153, "Shadow Lord.."
In response to Reply #3

If Shadows of Empire, and it may just be the upper echelons, use sect talk, they do not step out of the shadows to do so.

ZulghinlourFri 02-Dec-11 02:19 PM
9792 posts
#159, "RE: Shadow Lord.."
In response to Reply #5

>If Shadows of Empire, and it may just be the upper echelons,
>use sect talk, they do not step out of the shadows to do so.

And you want this power to go to the Emperor? The only players this would affect are members of the Shadow sect, and if they were the Emperor...wouldn't they already have this power?

LhydiaFri 02-Dec-11 05:08 PM
2391 posts
#164, "RE: Shadow Lord.."
In response to Reply #6

The Emperor steps out when he uses cabal channels doesn't he? I mean for Assassin/Thief Emperors.

ZulghinlourSat 03-Dec-11 01:10 PM
9792 posts
#179, "RE: Shadow Lord.."
In response to Reply #8

>The Emperor steps out when he uses cabal channels doesn't he?
>I mean for Assassin/Thief Emperors.

The only way you don't step out of the shadows when using CB/Sect is improved hide (thieves), or a quest skill. There is no specific Empire power, or Shadow Sect Power that gives this. There is nothing to do here, move along.

StraklawSat 03-Dec-11 01:34 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#185, "Being an Imperial Shadow addict..."
In response to Reply #10

I'm pretty sure that's not QUITE correct.

You always step out of the shadows using cb. Not sure why everyone thinks that's suddenly being "lost" as Emperor.

However, all of my Imperial Shadows did NOT step out of the shadows when using the Sect chat. I always assumed that since Shadows were the only people who had both "hide" and "sect" that it was just coded that "sect" did not bring anyone out of the shadows.

I've never made Emperor, but I don't know why they'd LOSE that nicety of sect just by being Emperor.

IsildurSat 03-Dec-11 03:11 PM
5969 posts
#188, "RE: Being an Imperial Shadow addict..."
In response to Reply #11

Prior to zulg's change in this thread, the Emperor couldn't speak on sect channels at all. If it works like you say (i.e. sect doesn't take you out of the shadows, but only shadow sect members get the hide skill) then presumably a thief/assassin emperor could now use all sect channels w/o stepping out of the shadows.

wareagleSat 03-Dec-11 09:50 PM
Member since 19th Aug 2007
201 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#201, "Maybe some disconnect here?"
In response to Reply #10

I definitely remember my Shadow Lord assassin talked in Sect and did not step out of the shadows, and I didn't have any quest skills.

Maybe there is something wrong in the code that makes it to where we the player do not see the echo that we stepped out of the shadow.

But I want to think I remember testing that out by saying something in sect, then typing vis, and coming out of the shadows after using 'vis'.

LhydiaSun 04-Dec-11 08:06 PM
2391 posts
#217, "RE: Maybe some disconnect here?"
In response to Reply #13

The disconnect is folks are very quick to say nothing is wrong because they don't immediately see something wrong with their code and haven't seen anything while briefly testing it first hand, and they probably don't have enough time to really dig deep into non-consequencial issues when there are a billion other things to be working on. It's been this way for a while, but it's cool that they look at things regardless and are constantly fixing big things.

OldrilTue 06-Dec-11 11:10 PM
Member since 20th Jan 2011
641 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#235, "Or, you just didn't state what you meant"
In response to Reply #14

You said, exactly

"Let the Shadow Sect power of remaining hidden while using CB/cabal powers carry over to Emperor status?"

what you meant is that using sect chat just like thief guild chat, doesn't take you out of hiding, but you said CB, so Zulg was 100% right when he talked about it never worked like that for CB

IsildurSat 03-Dec-11 12:36 PM
5969 posts
#172, "RE: Shadow Lord.."
In response to Reply #6

My understanding was that the emperor belongs to all (or no) sects. Hence the previous inability to use sect channels. Now that he can use them, thief or assassin emperor should keep the ability to use the shadow sect channel (or maybe all sect channels) without stepping out of the shadows.

Top Santa Zulg 2011 Topic #111 Previous topic | Next topic