Subject: "Poison resistance" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Santa Zulg 2008 Topic #133
Show all folders

GinGaFri 21-Nov-08 02:10 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#133, "Poison resistance"

How about having poison resistance reduce the -str recieved from poison to -2?

I'm just thinking about how pointless poison resistance feels for the most part for anyone who has it but either has a way to heal or remove the poison themselves. From the majority of sources (weapons, mob bites) the poison often doesn't do a great deal of damage per tick and serves as a weighty -5str that is quickly debilitating if added to something like, say, boneshatter. Or artery. There are some great poison resistance items out there but for the large part they're ignored because of the above - even if you have resistance, it's nerfed your regen and whopped on a physical encumberance. With this change it becomes a more significant in-battle benefit.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynSat 22-Nov-08 02:43 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#134, "RE: Poison resistance"
In response to Reply #0

Zulg might disagree, but I don't really see this as necessary.

Resisting poison makes it significantly harder to get affected by poison in the first place.

I have, more than once, seen a hero-range necromancer sleep a dwarf and try unsuccessfully to poison them until the dwarf wakes up and walks away. This isn't total coincidence.

XanthraillesSat 22-Nov-08 08:06 PM
391 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#135, "This Santa Zulgh not Grinch Daeryn."
In response to Reply #1

n/t

ZulghinlourMon 24-Nov-08 01:49 PM
9792 posts
#136, "Yeah...but I agree with him (n/t)"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

AbernyteSun 23-Nov-08 10:35 AM
975 posts
#137, "RE: Poison resistance"
In response to Reply #1

But I have been that dwarf and then fought a dark-elf stsf imperial warrior and been poisoned by the first touch of an envenomed dagger.

That is where it makes little sense:

Necro with spellcraft failing to poison

Warrior with low level weapon that poisons being successful.

One wastes all his time and mana and the other just gets it as a bonus.

-----Abernyte

ZulghinlourMon 24-Nov-08 01:53 PM
9792 posts
#138, "RE: Poison resistance"
In response to Reply #3

>But I have been that dwarf and then fought a dark-elf stsf
>imperial warrior and been poisoned by the first touch of an
>envenomed dagger.

This is due to pretty much every hit with a poisonous bite weapon gives a chance to poison. I've reduced that so it's not every hit.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Top Santa Zulg 2008 Topic #133 Previous topic | Next topic