Subject: "Q for Nep, re: gating" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9459
Show all folders

IsildurMon 18-Jul-05 11:25 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9459, "Q for Nep, re: gating"

You said on the bug board:

"Nothing I'm seeing is out of wack there. However, it might be helpful to note that, as a general rule, if you cannot gate to a place, you also cannot gate from that place, no matter what your target is."

Are the following also true:

1. If one cannot gate from a place then one cannot gate to that place?

2. If one can gate from a place then one can gate to that place?

The last time I played a healer, it was sort of annoying to test things like this. "Hey friend-of-mine, could you go over to {place} so I can check whether it's possible to gate to you there?" Would be nice if the healer could determine that on his own, without having to recruit a test dummy.

btw- check out my suggested change for familiar-vision, just in case you're not 100% done with conjurer-update-fest-2005.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nepentheMon 18-Jul-05 12:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9460, "RE: Q for Nep, re: gating"
In response to Reply #0

>Are the following also true:
>
>1. If one cannot gate from a place then one
>cannot gate to that place?
>
>2. If one can gate from a place then one
>can gate to that place?

99% of the time they will be true. At the moment, all of the exceptions I can think to are of the form "You can gate in, and then one of a few things will stop you from even getting the gate commune off, e.g. being dead."

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9459 Previous topic | Next topic