Subject: "The Luck Stat (Moved from Graveyard)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9181
Show all folders

WilhathSat 25-Jun-05 12:54 PM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9181, "The Luck Stat (Moved from Graveyard)"

It'd be nice if there was some understanding, even among the implementors, about what this particular aspect of the game entails.

I can think of three things off the top of my head that effect the luck stat in some way.

1. Certain pieces of gear.
2. The Deck of Fate
3. A certain power in a certain cabal that has a certain subsection that very very few people know about.

I think it probably effects gambling first and foremost, but I wonder about other things as well. These other things could be chalked up to coincidence and the RNG, but during my tinkering with the power in #3 I noticed my "victims" would do things like always flee in the direction of an aggro mob.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

SplntrdSun 26-Jun-05 01:32 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9194, "RE: The Luck Stat (Moved from Graveyard)"
In response to Reply #0

I e-mailed Valg about point three. Problem is, in order to prove that this isn't based on "Luck", they would have to reveal how this skill actually works, so I can perfectly understand why they wouldn't want to reveal that.

Kinda irks me though. I would've liked a response that at least said "We're not going to tell you that," rather than nothing at all. I thought I was being very civil, friendly, understanding, and courteous in the e-mail; I don't understand why I didn't get any of that in return. I have e-mailed the staff in the past about issues that jeopardized their secrecy and gotten prompt responses, why can't they treat every issue with the same courtesy? Yes, "luck" is a non-issue. I'm inclined to believe the staff when they say it doesn't exist, and I indicated such in the e-mail. But the response to circumstances such as these only fuel conspiracy theories. I do understand the importance of secrecy in such matters, but I don't understand the very basic lack of common courtesy with which it is maintained.

Splntrd

SebeokSun 26-Jun-05 02:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
940 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#9189, "RE: The Luck Stat (Moved from Graveyard)"
In response to Reply #0

There's understanding among me, and we all know I'm the only one that matters! Also, I make sure any characters I play get 47 luck so that I can do super-great things that no one has ever thought of. Except I don't play anymore... but if I did, I'd be the luckiest ####er ever. Whatever that'd do for me.

How's about worrying about #### that matters instead of the globs of inane crap I have to sift through every day? Novel concept, I know.
And yes, I played that character that pk'd you. Every time.

ZarguSun 26-Jun-05 04:25 AM
Member since 06th Mar 2003
208 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#9190, "wow...."
In response to Reply #2

Didnt know luck was involved in "at xxx slay xxx" ...

Sorry, couldnt resist it... Hehe...

RodriguezSun 26-Jun-05 12:53 AM
Member since 30th Jan 2005
367 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#9187, "RE: The Luck Stat (Moved from Graveyard)"
In response to Reply #0

I think I heard there was a mummy power that could mess with your luck (and probably other things)

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #9181 Previous topic | Next topic