Subject: "Mutlicharring timeout" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73866
Show all folders

clnt2020Wed 22-Jan-20 03:19 AM
Member since 11th Dec 2019
224 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73866, "Mutlicharring timeout"

Helpfile says:

"A more subtle form of multi-charring is switching between your characters with little to no time in between. This is often viewed as scouting the who list in an attempt to see potential pk victims or allies upon login. In order to prevent this it is suggested that you spend between 5 and 10 minutes offline before switching to the other character."

I think it's too short cooldown. I have sometimes limited time to play (have no idea when I'll have to logout), so I'm running around with a lowbie. But I think at least 30 minutes should be the minimal limit, or even 1 hour.

Maybe it's time to update those requirements and make them more strict?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Mutlicharring timeout, robdarken_, 25-Jan-20 12:37 AM, #8
Reply Why?, Java, 22-Jan-20 12:25 PM, #3
Reply RE: Why?, clnt2020, 22-Jan-20 12:47 PM, #4
     Reply Sure..., Lhydia, 22-Jan-20 12:48 PM, #5
          Reply RE: Sure..., clnt2020, 22-Jan-20 01:56 PM, #6
          Reply Haha, IrishMidnight, 23-Jan-20 02:15 PM, #7
Reply Agreed nt, incognito, 22-Jan-20 09:58 AM, #2
Reply If you feel like someone is cheating...., Lhydia, 22-Jan-20 06:59 AM, #1

robdarken_Sat 25-Jan-20 12:35 AM
Member since 09th Sep 2009
373 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73889, "RE: Mutlicharring timeout"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 25-Jan-20 12:37 AM

Why implement a policy that addresses, from what I gather, the abuse of a single individual?

Just deal with the individual.

JavaWed 22-Jan-20 12:25 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1054 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#73871, "Why?"
In response to Reply #0

All you're doing is guaranteeing that someone who wants to play CF won't be able to. That just means one fewer person on the who list.

If we're going to intentionally decrease the amount of people logged in to CF, I'd want a legitimate reason beyond "I think it's too short".

clnt2020Wed 22-Jan-20 12:47 PM
224 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73872, "RE: Why?"
In response to Reply #3

Well, I personally could abuse 5-10 minutes. And I do take timeouts at least 30 minutes, trying to maximize them to 1-2 hours. It would improve quality of the characters and decrease amounts of mass logins that everyone hate, I assume. I don't see why it would decrease 'who' - if you are playing, and have a time to keep playing, play the character you are logged in.

I'm not saying it's must be implemented, but it's just a thing to think about.

LhydiaWed 22-Jan-20 12:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2377 posts
#73873, "Sure..."
In response to Reply #4

..but I don't think what you're describing is a real issue. I'm fairly certain this is specifically tracked by IMMs as far as who is playing alts, and how long they're playing before they quit. Like...they already have tools in place to prevent what you're describing and punish when it happens.

Thats why I said if you have a specific example of someone that is abusing this you email IMPs.

clnt2020Wed 22-Jan-20 01:56 PM
224 posts
#73874, "RE: Sure..."
In response to Reply #5

But by the rules, it's 5-10 minutes between logins. So if someone would daily switch with only 10 minutes, he won't break any rules, it's officially allowed. This is what I think could be fixed.

IrishMidnightThu 23-Jan-20 02:15 PM
Member since 14th Jan 2017
66 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73880, "Haha"
In response to Reply #5

Yeah, Ishuli on it like white on rice. Ie she knows your alts, and she's judging you for it.

incognitoWed 22-Jan-20 09:58 AM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#73870, "Agreed nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

LhydiaWed 22-Jan-20 06:59 AM
2377 posts
#73869, "If you feel like someone is cheating...."
In response to Reply #0

...best thing to do is email imps@carrionfields.com.

Otherwise the game has plenty of rules that are strictly enforced and doesn’t need to be made more restrictive.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #73866 Previous topic | Next topic