Subject: "Random minor feature request" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70827
Show all folders

MurphyThu 10-May-18 02:30 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70827, "Random minor feature request"
Edited on Thu 10-May-18 02:33 AM

Show uptime when you connect to the mud.

When I play more than one character (which is admittedly rare) I try to separate them by CF reboots. E.g. once I logged in as one character, I never swap it for another until CF reboots.

This excludes any possibility of me accidentally passing gear from one char to another (by leaving a stray item lying around and then picking it up as the other char).

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

KalageadonThu 10-May-18 06:28 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70829, "Uptime command?"
In response to Reply #0

I am fairly sure that this is still a command, it's not automated but you can use it at any time that you log in. As well, you can check "Users", "Users Playerbase", etc.

SaagkriThu 10-May-18 07:17 AM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70830, "RE: Uptime command?"
In response to Reply #2

I was thinking the same thing. Or the 'time' command which tells you when the mud started. But, I think he's looking for some way to know before he logs in so that he knows which character to use.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Thu 10-May-18 01:56 PM
Charter member
#70835, "RE: Uptime command?"
In response to Reply #3

I agree that's what he's looking for. I suspect it would not be hard to implement, but my understanding is that coder time is at a premium.

There is the potential for abuse here, though. Someone could write a script to poll CF and wait for a crash/reboot in order to time their logins when gear is likely to be in.

Granted, that could already be done *now*, but it would require scripting the entire character creation process. In fact, that might argue for making the "date" command available only to characters level 5 or higher.

Thaedan (Anonymous)Thu 10-May-18 04:11 AM
Charter member
#70828, "RE: Random minor feature request"
In response to Reply #0

That's a pretty clever idea.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70827 Previous topic | Next topic