Subject: "Feedback you've heard before" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70780
Show all folders

Angry Complainer (Anonymous)Mon 07-May-18 04:55 PM
Charter member
#70780, "Feedback you've heard before"

There's nothing I like more than getting to hero so I can spin the wheel on a mediocre form I've very recently played to end up with a slightly worse form. All it does is frustrate me and make me want to take a break from CF. The design is flawed whether the randomness is the "essence" of the class or not. It merely provides a reasonable chance that you're suddenly not going to want to play a character you just put 50 hrs. into.

"But, that's the point" you might say. "You need to adapt your play style to the form. That's the intent"!

Well, even Destuvious deletes when he gets forms he doesn't like (That I would kill for, by the way). So, no.

"Play another class. Maybe shifters aren't for you."

No.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

CointreauMon 07-May-18 05:32 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#70782, "I personally like the randomness"
In response to Reply #0

I get that #### forms are ####, but equally I don't want people choosing their dream OP combos.

Rolling edges already give you an opportunity to risk your form for maybe something better.

Personally I'd perfer it if the IMMs rebalanced the least played forms to make them more desirable, rather than remove the randomness that makes the class unique and exciting.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Angry Complainer (Anonymous)Mon 07-May-18 07:11 PM
Charter member
#70787, "A reasonable solution nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

Angry Complainer (Anonymous)Mon 07-May-18 07:15 PM
Charter member
#70788, "And Destuvious' reply..."
In response to Reply #2

Actually helped. Knowing something's not being considered/won't be changed makes it easier to either accept it as-is or not play them.

WastedTue 08-May-18 12:02 PM
Member since 21st Jun 2015
111 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70820, "Yes!"
In response to Reply #2

Re-balance of the most rolled/not kept forms would be an awesome change. Honestly, if anything, they would only need a few minor tweaks, not a complete re-design or anything.

OR... you could allow for a character to chose 1 form from their major/minor that they DON'T want, which pretty much just takes that 1 form out of the rotation. That way it's still random, but you won't be stuck with a form you'll absolutely want to delete over because it doesn't fit your style.

DestuviusMon 07-May-18 05:18 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70781, "You really should consider taking a break from shifters..."
In response to Reply #0

There is pretty much no chance that their design is going to change and you obviously are getting annoyed by said design.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Top

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70780 Previous topic | Next topic