Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70770
Show all folders

incognitoMon 07-May-18 03:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70770, "Chamst retires..."

Just had our first child a couple of weeks early which means an end to my mudding days for at least a year.

Found myself without much to do most of the time, but had fun nonetheless. Hopefully those I interacted with did too.

Igos, I pretty much knew you would steamroll me each time we fought but I figured you deserved the fights since you looked to take the biggest risks available to you. But I feel as if you are the toughest character I've faced in my cf career. Made me wish I had tsal back as she might have given you a better fight.

Ergush, you seemed like a great imm. Sorry I couldn't stick around and explore your religion.

Take care everyone.
Daurwyn.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Just sell it and buy a pig farm instead, Marcus_, 16-May-18 06:50 AM, #10
Reply RE: Chamst retires..., Ergush, 08-May-18 07:56 AM, #4
Reply You'll have nothing to do for at least half a year, Kstatida, 07-May-18 12:52 PM, #3
Reply This., Lhydia, 12-May-18 10:12 PM, #5
     Reply RE: This., incognito, 15-May-18 06:41 AM, #6
          Reply Holy #### man, Kstatida, 15-May-18 07:32 AM, #7
          Reply Very sorry to hear this, Saagkri, 15-May-18 01:28 PM, #8
          Reply That's really ####ty and I'm hoping all the best for yo..., jalbrin, 15-May-18 02:35 PM, #9
          Reply CF it is, incognito, 23-May-18 03:20 AM, #11
               Reply I'm with you man, Kstatida, 23-May-18 10:01 AM, #12
Reply RE: Chamst retires..., Demos, 07-May-18 06:24 AM, #2
Reply RE: Chamst retires..., Igos (Anonymous), 07-May-18 04:36 AM, #1

Marcus_Wed 16-May-18 06:50 AM
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70892, "Just sell it and buy a pig farm instead"
In response to Reply #0

ErgushTue 08-May-18 07:56 AM
Member since 31st Aug 2017
101 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70814, "RE: Chamst retires..."
In response to Reply #0

Congrats on the new baby!

So sorry we couldn't connect either. Just a rough spot with work and little league sports for the kids, so my hours dropped a good bit there. I really liked Chamst and was hoping to get more time to talk with you and work through the religion together.

Try to get some sleep (learn how to do it standing up) and hope to see you in a year or so!

KstatidaMon 07-May-18 12:52 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70776, "You'll have nothing to do for at least half a year"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Mon 07-May-18 12:52 PM

It will just eat and sleep for hours.

LhydiaSat 12-May-18 10:12 PM
2390 posts
#70886, "This."
In response to Reply #3

But it’s all over once they get mobile. Everything.

incognitoTue 15-May-18 06:41 AM
4495 posts
#70888, "RE: This."
In response to Reply #5
Edited on Tue 15-May-18 06:41 AM

If only.

Having taken our apparently perfectly healthy daughter home after a straightforward labour, we had to rush her into hospital 24 hours later where she had major surgery for what turned out to be meconium ileus, which is a blockage of the gut. Essentially she was inflating about the blockage and her small intestine was over an inch in diameter instead of the circa half a cm that it should be.

So we've been living in hospital for over a week now and dealing with the various setbacks that have occurred, like being unable to administer nutrition without a second round of surgery. So we've been by her bed pretty much non stop, doing syringe feeding, monitoring her condition, etc. However, the last 24 hours have seen massive progress and she is now breast feeding for the first time, off morphine and all but one of the antibiotics, moved to a lower risk nursery in the neonatal ICU etc.

Potential downside is 90 percent of babies with meconium ileus have cystic fibrosis. Not exactly the cf I thought she might one day be exposed to! We have to wait about another week for genetic test results to find out though.

So I didn't get the easy part it sounds like you enjoyed. On the bright side I now never begrudge having to change diapers!

Got to say that regardless of how this works out it is a great advert for our taxpayer funded health service. The things they've managed for the other babies here are amazing. Some weighed just over 500 grams at birth and are now ready to go home, apparently in great health.

KstatidaTue 15-May-18 07:32 AM
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#70889, "Holy #### man"
In response to Reply #6

CF is a ####ty thing for parents and so much ####tier for an infant. I really hope the ileus was symptomatic only and cf isn't confirmed. All the best to you and your little princess.

SaagkriTue 15-May-18 01:28 PM
Member since 17th Jun 2014
801 posts
#70890, "Very sorry to hear this"
In response to Reply #6

I cannot imagine. I'm glad she's getting better, though! I wish you all the best.

jalbrinTue 15-May-18 02:35 PM
Member since 20th Apr 2009
211 posts
#70891, "That's really ####ty and I'm hoping all the best for yo..."
In response to Reply #6

I also agree on your comments about the NHS. I really wouldn't want to be somewhere without it.

incognitoWed 23-May-18 03:20 AM
4495 posts
#70904, "CF it is"
In response to Reply #6

Damn you delta 508 x 2. 😒

KstatidaWed 23-May-18 10:01 AM
2214 posts
#70905, "I'm with you man"
In response to Reply #11

Harsh as it sounds, I'd aim for more kids a.s.a.p. Otherwise you'll burn yourself away.

DemosMon 07-May-18 06:24 AM
Member since 20th Apr 2003
211 posts
#70774, "RE: Chamst retires..."
In response to Reply #0

Congratulations! I found I had a tonne of free time up until around 6-7 months. And progressively less from there. Best of luck.

Igos (Anonymous)Mon 07-May-18 04:36 AM
Charter member
#70773, "RE: Chamst retires..."
In response to Reply #0

Some of those deaths you ate were surprisingly vicious. I didn't expect you to keep rolling the dice but you did. Kudos and congrats on the new addition to your family!

P.S. Pretty sure Tsal would have had my number.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #70770 Previous topic | Next topic