Subject: "Not really a gameplay topic, as such..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #48890
Show all folders

VladamirFri 08-Feb-13 07:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#48890, "Not really a gameplay topic, as such..."

Would it be possible to work up an interface to allow us to read and perhaps even edit and update our roles, without having to fully log into the mud? I personally like to review the previous role chapter before I start writing a new one, and I don't always have the logs handy from my previous log in.

Logging in just to read your last role entry can be both tedious, not to mention dangerous depending on what you log into. There have been times where I just wanted to sit and work on my role, lacked access to the previous entry, and logged in in the middle of a full-blown raid in progress. Not only does this prevent me from doing what I logged in to do, but many times if I'm just trying to update my role, I'm not in the mood for a full blown session and having to deal with a cabal raid situation can be bad, especially if I'm attempting to update from a less than stable connection away from home.

It was just something I thought might be a useful tool for those of us who can be a little role/RP intensive, and I thought I would toss it out there for feedback from the staff and other players.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Not really a gameplay topic, as such..., Illanthos, 09-Feb-13 11:03 PM, #6
Reply Santa Zulg brought me coal :-(, highbutterfly, 09-Feb-13 02:40 AM, #5
Reply RE: Not really a gameplay topic, as such..., Splntrd, 08-Feb-13 11:41 PM, #4
Reply I do it all offline and use the role/note/desc formatte..., Homard, 08-Feb-13 07:57 PM, #1
     Reply I do too..., Vladamir, 08-Feb-13 09:53 PM, #2
          Reply Just keep files for each character in drop box. If you ..., orangepowered, 08-Feb-13 10:12 PM, #3
               Reply Unfortunately not accessible from work. They are pretty..., Vladamir, 11-Feb-13 07:58 PM, #7

IllanthosSat 09-Feb-13 11:03 PM
Member since 14th Oct 2011
274 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48923, "RE: Not really a gameplay topic, as such..."
In response to Reply #0

I have seen systems like this in other MUDs, but I suspect that the amount of overhauling that would be required to actually implement this in CF is simply staggering.

If you kept your role entries on an online dropbox (google docs?) you could edit them anywhere.

highbutterflySat 09-Feb-13 02:40 AM
Member since 24th Aug 2011
364 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48897, "Santa Zulg brought me coal :-("
In response to Reply #0

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=71&topic_id=130&mesg_id=130&page=4

SplntrdFri 08-Feb-13 11:41 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#48895, "RE: Not really a gameplay topic, as such..."
In response to Reply #0

My last role entry is in my character's notepad document, with all the other ones.

Splntrd

HomardFri 08-Feb-13 07:57 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
#48891, "I do it all offline and use the role/note/desc formatte..."
In response to Reply #0

n/t

VladamirFri 08-Feb-13 09:53 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#48893, "I do too..."
In response to Reply #1

But I don't always have access to my saved history, and I like to re-read my last chapter when working on a new one to help my flow.

orangepoweredFri 08-Feb-13 10:12 PM
Member since 29th Jun 2011
348 posts
#48894, "Just keep files for each character in drop box. If you ..."
In response to Reply #2

N/t

VladamirMon 11-Feb-13 07:58 PM
1179 posts
#48938, "Unfortunately not accessible from work. They are pretty..."
In response to Reply #3

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #48890 Previous topic | Next topic