Subject: "Desperate Improvisation Edge" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47053
Show all folders

Iklahn (Anonymous)Sat 01-Sep-12 08:40 AM
Charter member
#47053, "Desperate Improvisation Edge"

Perhaps I am missing how awesome this edge actually ends up being, but it seems odd that it would be more expensive then ones like footwork and possessive. Is the cost intended to be so high for such a small niche skill?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DaevrynSat 01-Sep-12 01:25 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47055, "RE: Desperate Improvisation Edge"
In response to Reply #0

I think it's probably pretty fair. The niche-defense stuff isn't usually that expensive in that, in any fight in which someone isn't trying to kick you, Footwork is entirely useless, and even in fights where someone is trying to kick you, they likely still succeed -- just a little bit less often. Whether Desperate Improvisation can be used in a given fight is a little more in your control.

And don't get me wrong, it's a gimmicky edge but it's a potentially really powerful one in the exact right situation. Granted, in that situation maybe you should just be running away instead, but if you didn't, you might just kill everyone and walk away looking like a boss.

ZephonSat 01-Sep-12 11:45 AM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47054, "I tried footwork once. Didnt notice a difference."
In response to Reply #0

Then again, I might have thought it did something else at the time.
I think the helpfile was unclear at the time.

Anyway, the way that edge is worded it could be very nice. But honestly the helpfile is very unspecific. So, I'm not sure what it does beyond making it so you can use that skill (which is hardly ever used) and use it blind. I did not take it with my last savage for sure.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #47053 Previous topic | Next topic