Subject: "bard sleep" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #26925
Show all folders

IsildurMon 21-Sep-09 10:59 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26925, "bard sleep"

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=17&topic_id=17037&mesg_id=17037&page=

Various folks swear up and down that bard sleep has been "nerfed".

I've seen you make reference, multiple times, to the fact that, under ideal circumstances, bard sleep can just be "really really short", and that this has always been the case.

For my part, when I've been slept by a bard (which isn't that often), it's always been pretty long. Even when I had resist mental up, I think it was 8 hours or something.

So...what are the circumstances that can lead to super-short bard sleep duration?

Resist mental? Save vs. mental? Anti-bard edges? Anti-knockout edges? Anti-bard legacy? High intelligence?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: bard sleep, Daevryn, 21-Sep-09 11:17 AM, #1
     Reply RE: bard sleep, Isildur, 21-Sep-09 01:15 PM, #2
          Reply RE: bard sleep, Straklaw, 21-Sep-09 03:53 PM, #3
          Reply RE: bard sleep, Isildur, 21-Sep-09 03:57 PM, #4
               Reply RE: bard sleep, RandomThinker, 24-Sep-09 10:06 AM, #5
          Reply RE: bard sleep, Daevryn, 24-Sep-09 05:35 PM, #6

DaevrynMon 21-Sep-09 11:17 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#26926, "RE: bard sleep"
In response to Reply #0

Primarily:

1) Multiple sleep attempts (by anyone on the victim) in a short period of time shorten it.

2) Any circumstance that would prevent the victim from sleeping via the 'sleep' command shortens it.

IsildurMon 21-Sep-09 01:15 PM
5969 posts
#26927, "RE: bard sleep"
In response to Reply #1

When you say "multiple sleep attempts" do you mean "multiple bard sleep attempts" or are you meaning to include other KO skills/spells?

StraklawMon 21-Sep-09 03:53 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#26928, "RE: bard sleep"
In response to Reply #2

He says attempts by anyone on the victim, so I would expect it's not just the bard's sleep attempts.

IsildurMon 21-Sep-09 03:57 PM
5969 posts
#26929, "RE: bard sleep"
In response to Reply #3

Could mean multiple bards trying to sleep the same person. i.e. one bard's successful attempt suffers a duration penalty due to the other bard's failed attempts.

Failed blackjack/etc. give something that sounds specifically physical ("physical sleep protection"). I was just wondering if that would impact bard sleep duration.

RandomThinkerThu 24-Sep-09 10:06 AM
Member since 25th Jul 2005
30 posts
#26931, "RE: bard sleep"
In response to Reply #4

Any sleep attempt

DaevrynThu 24-Sep-09 05:35 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#26940, "RE: bard sleep"
In response to Reply #2

I think either sleep spell or lullaby will count in this case, but that's without looking.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #26925 Previous topic | Next topic