Subject: "Does conglaciation seem balanced?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25338
Show all folders

TheerklaSun 21-Jun-09 05:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25338, "Does conglaciation seem balanced?"

It lasts both a very long time, and after the invoker that cast it logs out. Considering it forces hiding classes to step out, it seems unreasonable that half a dozen rooms on eastern road can end up conglaciated well after the caster has logged off.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I'm pretty much satisfied with it., Daevryn, 23-Jun-09 09:21 AM, #5
Reply Ok. Could you tell us why, please?, Jhishesh, 23-Jun-09 12:17 PM, #6
     Reply Bump., Jhishesh, 24-Jun-09 06:51 PM, #7
     Reply Don't sit in the room?, bobbyp, 24-Jun-09 07:56 PM, #8
     Reply Just walking through it brings you out of hiding, Theerkla, 24-Jun-09 08:01 PM, #9
          Reply yet whole woods can be burned..., bobbyp, 24-Jun-09 08:09 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Ok. Could you tell us why, please?, Daevryn, 25-Jun-09 12:11 PM, #11
Reply Screw you, eastern road campers, Dorz, 22-Jun-09 04:36 PM, #3
Reply Real mature! Here's a response anyway., Smashtro, 22-Jun-09 06:21 PM, #4
Reply RE: Does conglaciation seem balanced?, Isildur, 22-Jun-09 02:33 PM, #2
Reply Agreed. It seems super ridiculous to me and unfair to h..., Gryshilniar, 21-Jun-09 06:33 PM, #1

DaevrynTue 23-Jun-09 09:21 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25365, "I'm pretty much satisfied with it."
In response to Reply #0

It lasting isn't bounded by time alone -- depending on other factors conglacation can be shorter or longer.

JhisheshTue 23-Jun-09 12:17 PM
Member since 28th Aug 2004
93 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25368, "Ok. Could you tell us why, please?"
In response to Reply #5

Curious why you think it's where it should be, what the reason is you think it's ok for it to last for over 24 hours real time. What are the negatives to the invoker, the drawbacks, that balance out such an enormously long duration, even when the invoker logs off, unlike shields for instance.

Personally I don't think it should last more than 3-5 real hours. That's what, a week in game time? And no matter how long it's normal duration, it should end either at log out, or some short period (10 mins? 15 mins?) after the invoker logs off.

JhisheshWed 24-Jun-09 06:51 PM
Member since 28th Aug 2004
93 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25421, "Bump."
In response to Reply #6

Nep?

bobbypWed 24-Jun-09 07:56 PM
Member since 16th Nov 2007
158 posts
#25424, "Don't sit in the room?"
In response to Reply #6

If you are having regular problems with conglatiation you are doing something wrong. Just like hot rooms or quicksand rooms, if you don't want it to hurt you don't go in it.

TheerklaWed 24-Jun-09 08:01 PM
1055 posts
#25426, "Just walking through it brings you out of hiding"
In response to Reply #8

It's a pain on hiding classes not being able to go from one end of the road to the other without popping out of hide every ten steps or so.

bobbypWed 24-Jun-09 08:09 PM
Member since 16th Nov 2007
158 posts
#25427, "yet whole woods can be burned..."
In response to Reply #9

Heh rangers get it in the pants worse when people feel like screwing them. Conglatiation = one room, forest fire spreads to the whole area if left unchecked. Plus once you put out the fire it's still civilized for quite a while.

DaevrynThu 25-Jun-09 12:11 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#25456, "RE: Ok. Could you tell us why, please?"
In response to Reply #6

I'll probably see if I can figure out why it can last through the invoker logging off.

Otherwise I think it's pretty well balanced as is. The limiting factor on it isn't necessarily time.

DorzMon 22-Jun-09 04:36 PM
Member since 18th Mar 2009
16 posts
#25351, "Screw you, eastern road campers"
In response to Reply #0

Yes, frozen room makes you step out of shadows.
So does burning room.
So does plant growth.
So does just plain wilderness place (not forest tail).

If you dont wish to be stepping out of shadows, avoid eastern road. There are multiple ways around it.

Laughing my @ss off,

-S

PS Stop whining. Deal with it!!!

SmashtroMon 22-Jun-09 06:21 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2009
18 posts
#25353, "Real mature! Here's a response anyway."
In response to Reply #3

>Yes, frozen room makes you step out of shadows.
>So does burning room.

Burning rooms do not automatically pull you out of the shadows. Also, you can put the fire out with a canteen or two.

>So does plant growth.

Plant growth does not last long at all. The druid also gets a long lag and timer on communing it = less incentive to spam it.

>So does just plain wilderness place (not forest tail).

Wilderness place? We're talking about a heavily travelled road. Nobody's is saying that hiding classes should always stay hidden.

>If you dont wish to be stepping out of shadows, avoid eastern
>road. There are multiple ways around it.
>
>Laughing my @ss off,
>
>-S
>
>PS Stop whining. Deal with it!!!

What you're completely missing is the fact that the spell gets abused. One reason: it's got a ridiculously long timer on it. I just can't understand why it has to last something like a real day. I also can't get why it exists long after the invoker logged off. I've even watched invokers spam the spell and other area spells (like grease) on their way to logging out in Galadon.

Now, I know one could say, Hey, it's RP! I'm not arguing against that though, just the really long timer on it. Also, not being able to clear it up sucks. But that's not what peaves me most. Really, it's the timer.

IsildurMon 22-Jun-09 02:33 PM
5969 posts
#25350, "RE: Does conglaciation seem balanced?"
In response to Reply #0

I'm fine with the super-long timer on how long the conglaciation lasts. But they really should revert to normal when the invoker logs out.

GryshilniarSun 21-Jun-09 06:33 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2006
85 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25339, "Agreed. It seems super ridiculous to me and unfair to h..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #25338 Previous topic | Next topic