Subject: "Despite all my rager, I'm still just a.." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19527
Show all folders

WildGirlTue 16-Oct-07 10:10 AM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19527, "Despite all my rager, I'm still just a.."

Had a quick thought:

A power to let ragers break open doors of locked rooms that they're trapped in (from summoning). The limitations would be a) has to be a room where the only exit is through the locked door, b) adrenaline can't be pumping (as in settled down from pk), c) there is sufficient lag after use.

Overpowered? Just right powered? Comments or suggestions?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Despite all my rager, I'm still just a.., Patick, 18-Oct-07 10:17 AM, #11
Reply More simply..., Quixotic, 16-Oct-07 08:13 PM, #8
Reply Despite what I thought, A2, 17-Oct-07 03:00 AM, #9
     Reply I'd actually agree with the first bit. nt, GinGa, 17-Oct-07 08:09 PM, #10
Reply RE: Despite all my rager, I'm still just a.., Daevryn, 16-Oct-07 07:33 PM, #7
Reply Re: doorbashing, DurNominator, 16-Oct-07 02:10 PM, #5
Reply I'm against this, incognito, 16-Oct-07 01:54 PM, #4
Reply I like it with some resevations, Hopelessdwarf, 16-Oct-07 12:14 PM, #2
Reply This is why..., GinGa, 16-Oct-07 12:11 PM, #1
     Reply The reason this is necessary is..., WildGirl, 16-Oct-07 01:53 PM, #3
          Reply Huh?, GinGa, 16-Oct-07 02:21 PM, #6

PatickThu 18-Oct-07 10:17 AM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#19539, "RE: Despite all my rager, I'm still just a.."
In response to Reply #0

Despite all my rager,
Im still just a mage in a cage!

Alpha-Q

QuixoticTue 16-Oct-07 08:13 PM
Member since 09th Feb 2006
837 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19535, "More simply..."
In response to Reply #0

Let anyone with lockpicks pick locks of doors with a 2% chance of success, 1% if they don't have picks. This is in keeping with transmuters who can spin staves and antipaladins who manage a dodge. This chance cannot increase unless the character has the skill normally.

Eventually even warriors get out, and it doesn't require significant coding.

A2Wed 17-Oct-07 03:00 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
371 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19536, "Despite what I thought"
In response to Reply #8

Which was that no one would come up with an idea I'd like or even want to comment on, I really like this and find it highly appropriate given the recent changes.

What happened to the days of necros spamming "steal potion" on sleeping targets?!

GinGaWed 17-Oct-07 08:09 PM
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19538, "I'd actually agree with the first bit. nt"
In response to Reply #9

nt

DaevrynTue 16-Oct-07 07:33 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#19534, "RE: Despite all my rager, I'm still just a.."
In response to Reply #0

This isn't something that Battle in general really could use so much as specifically Battle warrior. Moving on...

Some kind of door bashing command is something we've kicked around now and again over the years, and come to the conclusion that we'd never be able to implement it in a manner we're happy with without someone revisiting every door in the game and statting out how breakable they'd be. So far, no one has wanted that extremely unenviable task.

DurNominatorTue 16-Oct-07 02:10 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19532, "Re: doorbashing"
In response to Reply #0

Maybe it could have a disadvantage where in some occasions the door would fall in the wrong direction, instantly squishing the poor rager into a bloody pulp. The doorbashing would then be like a Russian roulette and hardcore ragers could then have manly doorbashing competitions, in which the one to bash most doors without being squished by the door would win the contest. Doors would be deadly beasts indeed and the Imms could then keep a record on CF's deadliest door, as in which door has squished most ragers.

incognitoTue 16-Oct-07 01:54 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19531, "I'm against this"
In response to Reply #0

You need to learn not to expose yourself to the summon.

That means don't fight someone who can sleep you and summon in an area where they can summon to a room you can't escape.

It also means don't stand around when you see a summoner heading to such a room.

Having played summoners, all decent ragers stepped out of Galadon (for example) as soon as they saw me heading for the rooms.

HopelessdwarfTue 16-Oct-07 12:14 PM
Member since 15th Feb 2004
272 posts
#19529, "I like it with some resevations"
In response to Reply #0

I would make it limited to certain locks (thinking if bards can pick them they can be "broken") It would cause considerable lag maybe something like the snow badgers burrow ala

You assess the door infront of you and search for weak points...

As you take several steps back you prepare yourself for the charge...

Sprinting forward you hurl yourself at the door attempting to break it open...

As your shoulder/foot greets the door you feel a slight cracking down and wince in agony..

Your door bash (yeah needs a better name) massacres you! (Here I am thinking a small boneshatter like effect -4 dex -4 str maybe 10 hour timer).

As you feel the door give way you, your weight carries you beyond the door and into the next room, the weight of your belongings causes you to fall clumsily to the ground. Your fall maims you! (then like trip lag here).

Other effects could make you tender to blunt like some sort of malison.

In addition I think it should be sized based, giants have a high success rate while svirfs/gnomes/arials should almost never succeed.

GinGaTue 16-Oct-07 12:11 PM
996 posts
#19528, "This is why..."
In response to Reply #0

Other classes than warrior are allowed into Battle.

Bards, Assassins and Thieves get pick lock, and your problem is solved. If you aren't playing one of the above classes, it's a very good reason to ally yourself with one swiftly. No class is designed to 'solo everything'. Except maybe the AP class

Yhorian

WildGirlTue 16-Oct-07 01:53 PM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
#19530, "The reason this is necessary is..."
In response to Reply #1

Because I can think of plenty of times when there are 20-30 people on, 10-15% of whom can pick lock, and none of them able to pick the lock in front of you. So.. you should sit in one room for several real life hours because your RP prevents you from asking to be summoned out? You should commit suicide because you can't get out of a locked room? How would that be considered rager RP? Giving someone at least a chance to get out when they otherwise would have no way is fine by me, especially if you put limitations to prevent abuse.

GinGaTue 16-Oct-07 02:21 PM
996 posts
#19533, "Huh?"
In response to Reply #3

I think you're looking at this wrong.

Stop thinking:

"How do I get out of this locked room without relying on other-player interaction or preperation?"

And start thinking:

"How do I avoid getting locked in a room?"

This is how CF works, and how the winners get around it

Yhorian

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #19527 Previous topic | Next topic