Subject: "Something about Inners and reformation." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15911
Show all folders

GinGaThu 11-Jan-07 12:19 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15911, "Something about Inners and reformation."
Edited on Thu 11-Jan-07 12:20 PM

Someone brought up that inners shouldn't be reforming characters when they strike because it just leads to people using them to avoid the ghost period.

While I'm not sure I agree, I can't think -why- they reform people and not just slay like the outers do. It leads to amazingly pointless deaths when I follow my group leader in and get tripped by a defender. Any gear I managed to retrieve in doing so is usually looted and put in the pit after that.

Edit: Oh yeah, the question - So why do inners reform people?

Yhorian.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Possible Solution, Quezzumpliet, 12-Jan-07 06:07 PM, #18
Reply Not a bad idea! nt, GinGa, 12-Jan-07 06:32 PM, #19
Reply RE: Something about Inners and reformation., Daevryn, 11-Jan-07 01:50 PM, #2
Reply Better idea., Dallevian, 11-Jan-07 02:05 PM, #3
Reply RE: Better idea., Daevryn, 11-Jan-07 02:22 PM, #4
     Reply Maybe give inners a corpse guard type ability against g..., Jagaub, 11-Jan-07 02:49 PM, #5
     Reply Best Idea, vargal, 12-Jan-07 02:35 AM, #6
          Reply Best idea? Pfft., Dallevian, 12-Jan-07 09:21 AM, #7
          Reply You can't loot pits until the guardian is dead..., Tac, 12-Jan-07 09:38 AM, #8
               Reply And..., Dallevian, 12-Jan-07 11:38 AM, #10
                    Reply I'm just saying that is already the case. nt, Tac, 12-Jan-07 11:42 AM, #11
                         Reply Me, too., Dallevian, 12-Jan-07 12:28 PM, #12
                              Reply RE: Me, too., Tac, 12-Jan-07 12:34 PM, #13
                                   Reply Hey, Dallevian, Sandello, 12-Jan-07 04:32 PM, #15
                                        Reply This is true. *sagenod* nt, GinGa, 12-Jan-07 05:09 PM, #16
                                             Reply One mistake..., Tac, 12-Jan-07 05:25 PM, #17
          Reply I think they already covered this., Vladamir, 12-Jan-07 10:54 AM, #9
               Reply Unless there is a low leve there anyway..., GinGa, 12-Jan-07 02:02 PM, #14
Reply Other problem I had, incognito, 20-Jan-07 04:33 PM, #20
Reply I am also curious to know why this is, Drag0nSt0rm, 11-Jan-07 01:25 PM, #1

QuezzumplietFri 12-Jan-07 06:07 PM
Member since 26th Jul 2003
128 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#15962, "Possible Solution"
In response to Reply #0

Make the Inner Guardian's room an exploration room. If you die there your equipment, if not looted, will return directly to you. Even if there is someone to loot if they prefer to leave most of your items then you will get them back without having to enter the cabal. This also makes it a bit easier for the defenders as they do not have to suffer the risks of giving your things back when someone less scrupulous might use the opportunity to kill them.

Could also make it so that ghosts not of that cabal cannot enter much like newbies cannot enter cabals.

GinGaFri 12-Jan-07 06:32 PM
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15963, "Not a bad idea! nt"
In response to Reply #18

nt

DaevrynThu 11-Jan-07 01:50 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#15913, "RE: Something about Inners and reformation."
In response to Reply #0

I gather the idea is, even if you're solo raiding a cabal you have a chance to get your gear back.

The only problem I see right now as a consequence of this is the scenario where (for example) 3 Battle are raiding Nexus against one Nexun. Nexus guy gets lucky and manages to kill one of the three raiders elsewhere in the Nexus cabal. Dead Battle guy gets all/most of his gear back, heals up and 5 minutes later is back in on the raid. Formerly-dead Battle guy kills Nexus guy and full loots him.

This kind of scenario frustrates me because when I'm in the lone defender position, I feel like I have to loot a lot more than I'd like just to protect myself. This scenario is rarer than the dying-solo-raiding scenario, so I don't really see us just going back to slaying because it'd break more than it fixes.

Maybe we'll kick around ideas and see if there's a better solution.

DallevianThu 11-Jan-07 02:05 PM
1639 posts
#15914, "Better idea."
In response to Reply #2

Just make it so the cabal's inner guardian is protected from the ghost character and vice versa. Neither one can attack each other and with the changes the ghost character can't sit there and heal his friends up.

Caveat - ghosts being able to pick up disarmed weapons or loot corpses would indeed suck for the stil-living characters.

You could change the outer guardian to do this as well, unless of course it actually pleasures you to watch people accidentally slay themselves...

DaevrynThu 11-Jan-07 02:22 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#15915, "RE: Better idea."
In response to Reply #3

>Caveat - ghosts being able to pick up disarmed weapons or loot
>corpses would indeed suck for the stil-living characters.

I think this is one of the reasons we didn't end up with something like that. I can't tell you how many times in the olden days I saw something like... random level 15 guy dies, goes and checks and hey, someone's raiding Tribunal! Time to run in invincible and cherry-pick the corpses and cabal pit.

JagaubThu 11-Jan-07 02:49 PM
Member since 28th Oct 2003
59 posts
#15916, "Maybe give inners a corpse guard type ability against g..."
In response to Reply #4

Give inners a corpse guard type ability against ghosts, and allow ghosts to still loot their own corpse. Their corpse guard can protect anything on the ground as well, if it isn't the ghost's corpse. That prevents any who is opportunistic from getting any sort of advantage by standing there as a ghost but still allows them to loot their own things.

And once the inners are dead, it's a free for all as usual.

vargalFri 12-Jan-07 02:35 AM
Member since 07th Apr 2004
384 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#15942, "Best Idea"
In response to Reply #4

How about just prevent ghosts from being able to enter into the Inner guardian's room. You've already demonstrated the ability to prevent level specific ghosts from entering areas ect, why not make it cabal specific for this case? Altogether MUCH less annoying and frustrating than walking in and dying immediately when you make that mistake.

DallevianFri 12-Jan-07 09:21 AM
1639 posts
#15947, "Best idea? Pfft."
In response to Reply #6

What if you die to the inner guardian or a pc in there? Do you just forfeit all of your things? I still like my idea better, especially with the implementation of corpseguard and that you can't loot pits until the guardian is dead.

TacFri 12-Jan-07 09:38 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#15948, "You can't loot pits until the guardian is dead..."
In response to Reply #7

nt

DallevianFri 12-Jan-07 11:38 AM
1639 posts
#15950, "And..."
In response to Reply #8

Isn't that what I said? Am I wrong or something. YOU ARE CONFUSING ME. But that's ok.

TacFri 12-Jan-07 11:42 AM
2050 posts
#15951, "I'm just saying that is already the case. nt"
In response to Reply #10

DallevianFri 12-Jan-07 12:28 PM
1639 posts
#15952, "Me, too."
In response to Reply #11

I said the exact same thing. So are you trying to correct me or reiterate? It looks like you want to correct me on something I said prior to you repeating verbatim. I -know- that's already the case, which is why I in turn like my idea best. Most everything is already in place.

I know you cannot loot from a cabal's pit until the guardian is dead. I stated this. TEH FRUSTRATION IS UNBELIEVABLE.

TacFri 12-Jan-07 12:34 PM
2050 posts
#15953, "RE: Me, too."
In response to Reply #12

I assumed you proposing this as an addition to you plan. I was just trying to say that it is already the case. It doesn't really matter either way.

SandelloFri 12-Jan-07 04:32 PM
175 posts
#15959, "Hey, Dallevian"
In response to Reply #13

In case you didn't know: You can't loot pits until the guardian is dead.

=P

GinGaFri 12-Jan-07 05:09 PM
996 posts
#15960, "This is true. *sagenod* nt"
In response to Reply #15

muhahahaha, heart u really.

TacFri 12-Jan-07 05:25 PM
2050 posts
#15961, "One mistake..."
In response to Reply #16

And evarybudy all ofer you. I admit, I misinterpreted what he was saying.

VladamirFri 12-Jan-07 10:54 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#15949, "I think they already covered this."
In response to Reply #6

They said they want to allow people who solo-raod a chance to retrieve their stuff. This would completely negate this ability.

GinGaFri 12-Jan-07 02:02 PM
996 posts
#15955, "Unless there is a low leve there anyway..."
In response to Reply #9

When the outer guardian returns on the tick, you won't be able to loot yourself. Hitting the outer guardian slays you.

If there is a lowbie there, chances are he'll either return the loot (unlikely as you're now unghosted and equipped, ready to raid unopposed again!) or stuff it in the pit so that you couldn't get it without finishing a raid.

The times when people are raiding solo (rare) and die (rare-er), they won't be in a position to loot themselves either way.

Yhorian.

incognitoSat 20-Jan-07 04:33 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#16087, "Other problem I had"
In response to Reply #2

Killing the big D solo took Mallias around an hour. By which point the outer repopped.

So when I died at the inner, I couldn't get to my corpse at all, because the outer was in the way.

Perhaps we could make it so that ghosts can get into enemy cabals but cannot see people within them, or loot any corpse but their own?

Drag0nSt0rmThu 11-Jan-07 01:24 PM
450 posts
#15912, "I am also curious to know why this is"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 11-Jan-07 01:25 PM

More often than not this "feature" has almost gotten me killed more times than I'd like to count allow me to give an example
Marans raid Empire
Empire kills two marans the rest beat feet.
Battle comes during this and begins raiding
Empire gets beat up and begins to fall back,
These maran now go and hit the inner
and comes back out to finish you, you have to retreat because of the fully healed marans that have been lingering are now armed and nolonger a ghost a full 8 minutes before they are supposed to unghost...

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #15911 Previous topic | Next topic