Subject: "Druid Healing and Damage" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13955
Show all folders

WildGirlWed 26-Jul-06 06:13 PM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13955, "Druid Healing and Damage"

Druid idea:

Since druids are caring mostly about nature and care little for anything else (says the treant in the academy), it seems a little silly that they're basically healers at the very beginning of their careers.

What do you think of changing mend wounds to affect you, your pets, and creatures at home in the wilderness at regular strength and everyone else at a lesser degree? I haven't played the new healers yet, but something was said about a neutral and evil healers healing others less effectively. Wouldn't that put druids ahead of the healer curve at the beginning? I could be wrong.

I would also ask for some low-level damage commune earlier on. The earliest targetable one is fire seeds at 18. Before that, you can kick at level 11, and if there is only one creature in the room, you can cast earthquake. Would you consider something perhaps around level 4 or 5 that would act as a low-level supplement logically replaced by fire seeds later on?

I know they're powerful later on (22 and beyond, obviously), but just something that would contribute to being useful in lowbie groups without being the nature-nice-girl healer would be great, even if its something that could only be used out of pk.

Thanks. Feedback and comments are always welcome.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

LarcatWed 26-Jul-06 08:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
495 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13957, "There is a problem with this TXT"
In response to Reply #0

Druids get powerful healing, unlagability, dirtkick, pathfinding, and some decent utility at a very low level. A human druid with a direct damage supp would oddly be a very nasty pker in the right hands I think.

Armor of Thorns and fly are pretty damned nice at level 15 or whatever.

"New payment options w/ Iron Realms"

WildGirlThu 27-Jul-06 12:23 AM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13959, "RE: There is a problem with this TXT"
In response to Reply #2

I agree they are powerful, but just three ranks later at level 18, they get fire seeds. Maybe make the commune not effective against pks like feral rage isn't really useful against player liches. With the lack of parry and shield block until the twenties, you're a lousy tank for quite awhile, so sitting in the back and providing a command to do other than healing (what if you're with lowbie ragers?) besides kick doesn't seem that overpowered.

I thought maybe the dimming of healing of others would be a good trade-off for a low-level minimal offensive power.

Grurk MuoukWed 26-Jul-06 07:19 PM
Member since 15th Mar 2004
538 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13956, "RE: Druid Healing and Damage"
In response to Reply #0

These are actually some good ideas.

G.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13955 Previous topic | Next topic