Subject: "ideas re: familiars" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13044
Show all folders

IsildurWed 03-May-06 09:13 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13044, "ideas re: familiars"

1. Have "famsee notinroom" automatically act like "famsee all" when the conjurer is asleep or blinded.

2. Give familiars autoassist.

I realize these might be intentional limitations/inconveniences, but thought I'd throw them out just in case.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

DurNominatorWed 03-May-06 10:04 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13045, "RE: ideas re: familiars"
In response to Reply #0

>1. Have "famsee notinroom" automatically act like "famsee
>all" when the conjurer is asleep or blinded.

I recall someone suggesting that familiars would see all that their master wouldn't in this mode. I tended to use famsee all with my conjurer because this wasn't the case.

>2. Give familiars autoassist.
>
>I realize these might be intentional
>limitations/inconveniences, but thought I'd throw them out
>just in case.

This would be a nice feature that would provide conjurers some user comfort when acting with their familiar(in similar way actually convenient familiar sight mode(famsee noconjurer - familiar sees what conjurer doesn't) would do).

IsildurWed 03-May-06 12:38 PM
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13046, "RE: ideas re: familiars"
In response to Reply #1

>I recall someone suggesting that familiars would see all that
>their master wouldn't in this mode. I tended to use famsee all
>with my conjurer because this wasn't the case.

Sure. It just gets spammy, especially if you're fighting mobs. I guess I could gag all the familiar output, then set a trigger to ungag it whenever I go to sleep or am blinded (and regag when I wake, die, or am unblinded). But that's alot of work, and it results in wasted bytes being sent over the wire.

DurNominatorWed 03-May-06 01:53 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#13048, "gag/ungag?"
In response to Reply #2

You might as well toggle the famsee between notinroom and all if you are going to do that. Familiar is often set on guard at area entrance when ranking, so that also helps with the spam on mobs and not having to bear with it.

IsildurWed 03-May-06 02:22 PM
5969 posts
#13049, "RE: gag/ungag?"
In response to Reply #3

If the familiar's at the area entrance then I'd just leave it with "famsee all". The problem situation is when I want the familiar with me in the same room while I'm fighting. Every time I sleep (or get blinded) I have to switch from "famsee none" to "famsee all". That's the annoying part.

Also, I wouldn't ever do that toggle via a trigger because that would involve entering a command. For instance, I wouldn't want to enter that command if I were lagged from a bash and got blinded by someone else while still in the bash lag. That's a good way to die.

The gag/ungag takes place client-side and doesn't involve inputting any commands to the server, so it wouldn't screw me in the situation where I'm blinded while being ganged down.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #13044 Previous topic | Next topic