Subject: "Ethos/Moral Values" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11483
Show all folders

WildGirlSun 25-Dec-05 04:36 PM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11483, "Ethos/Moral Values"

Who has the best analogies of the different ethos and morals? I used the puppy as my theme.

Lawful good - You pet the puppy and give him a biscuit so long as the puppy is following the letter of the law.

Lawful neutral - You don't care what the puppy does, so long as he is adhering to the law.

Lawful evil - You sit around waiting for that puppy to jaywalk so you can stick a flag on him, butcher him, and then take his only collar for yourself.

Neutral good - You pet the puppy and put the puppy's welfare above everything else so long as no one else is hurt by him.

True neutral - You stare at the puppy a moment and either pet him lovingly or give him a good solid kick in the ribs after the flip of a coin.

Neutral evil - You scheme ways of how the puppy's death would best benefit you and then you execute your plan.

Chaotic good - You steal a village's last biscuit and give it to a starving puppy. You feel great about this decision.

Chaotic neutral - A puppy is on the side of the road. You go bother some ducks. You then decide to go jump naked into the town's water fountain.

Chaotic evil - You kick the puppy, skin it, drag its corpse through town, burn the town down, pee on the ashes, and then go off to kill orphans.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

the sharkWed 28-Dec-05 04:20 AM
Member since 04th Dec 2005
13 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11524, "RE: Ethos/Moral Values"
In response to Reply #0

=====
True neutral - You stare at the puppy a moment and either pet him lovingly or give him a good solid kick in the ribs after the flip of a coin.

Chaotic good - You steal a village's last biscuit and give it to a starving puppy. You feel great about this decision.

Chaotic neutral - A puppy is on the side of the road. You go bother some ducks. You then decide to go jump naked into the town's water fountain.
======

You perceive those three alignments badly. Other than that, this was cool. Thanks for the read.

SaithMon 26-Dec-05 10:47 AM
Member since 28th Feb 2005
144 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11492, "I'll give mine..."
In response to Reply #0

Lawful good - You pet the puppy, and if he should break the law, you try to convince him to change his ways... you still give him a biscuit.

Lawful neutral - You take a puppy's biscuit for breaking the law, but tell him if he's good, you'll give it back.

Lawful evil - You steal and eat a puppy's biscuit in front of him for breaking the law... you laugh, and dare him to do it again.

Neutral good - You take a puppy, give it to an orphane and fill both their stomachs.

True neutral - If you see a puppy, you might pat him on the head, or feed him, otherwise you don't think about him.

Neutral evil - You kick a puppy by accident while walking down the street. You apologize and lure the puppy back to you, then kick it again for good measure.

Chaotic good - You convince a puppy that the light will look after him... Then both of you wait... and wait... you wander off when a passing bird catches your eye.

Chaotic neutral - You attack a puppy for calling you hurtful names, and plot you're revenge with the local ally cats.

Chaotic evil - You convince a puppy to break the law for a biscuit, attack the guards when they arrive, and give the puppy a poisoned biscuit. The puppy dies.

Yeah. That was fun.

"Then hunger proved more powerful than grief." - Count Ugolino and the Tower of Hunger

TroubleSun 25-Dec-05 11:04 PM
Member since 10th Nov 2003
208 posts
#11487, "Thanks for the chuckle...."
In response to Reply #0

As a long time puppy owner (I've got goldens, they're always puppies), I got a good chuckle out of it. Reminds of why I play CG or CN damn near all the time.

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11483 Previous topic | Next topic