Subject: "Hometowns" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11276
Show all folders

WildGirlMon 12-Dec-05 01:13 PM
Member since 16th Sep 2004
250 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11276, "Hometowns"

Humans/Half-Elves - major cities
Elves - Darsylon
Wood-elves - Eryn Galen/middle of nowhere places
Dark elves - ? Udgaard?
Arials - Arial City
Felar - Black Claw
Dwarves - Akan
Duergar - ?
Gnome - Hillcrest
Svirfnebli - Cragstone
Storm/Fire/Cloud - Nowhere
Minotaur - Nowhere (I think)

Any plans on bringing hometowns in for the giants? Doesn't have to be any place special. Maybe just a few rooms, a healer, a shop with food, and that's all. Never played a duergar or a minotaur, so don't really know what they have available.

Also, is there any way there could be more wild hometown choices? Rangers end up recalling to towns, Outlanders have to recall to cities for awhile, and if anyone ever wanted to roleplay a small-village evil person that left to join the Empire, that could fit in too.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

tapsterMon 12-Dec-05 03:13 PM
Member since 11th May 2005
54 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11283, "Minotaurs"
In response to Reply #0

Minotaurs need serious hometown help.

The worse thing about being a minotaur has to be their hometown. I'd kill a few people and no matter how many corpses were there of my enemies and allies, knew I'd have NOTHING when I got back.

This has proven time and time again to be true with Seantryn Modan as the only hometown option.

EskelianMon 12-Dec-05 02:00 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#11279, "RE: Hometowns"
In response to Reply #0

I'm not sure we need every race to have race-only hometowns. I would rather see areas added for the value of the area, and if it happens to make sense as a hometown (ie, Cragstone), then so be it.

Watering down the benefit of having race-only hometowns doesn't really add much to the game except for the already staggering number of areas you have to look for people in. And besides, a lot of us pick places like Voralion, Galadon and Udgaard over and over again anyway for sheer convenience.

I'd be happy with an arial city rewrite personally and maybe even removing some 'too good' hometowns (such as rarely used ones that grant some level of nightgaunt protection, or at least used to cause nightgaunts to not track if you recalled right away).

WilhathMon 12-Dec-05 01:24 PM
Member since 19th May 2003
528 posts
#11277, "*fistshake* *fistshake* *fistshake*"
In response to Reply #0

I think Cloud Giants have Arial City as a hometown option, though I can never choose Arial City for some reason even when I roll arials. Storm giants could probably have had a hometown option had my Lake rewrite been accepted. *fistshake* Fire giants are a little trickier given that things in Kiadana-Rah are aggro. It'd be phat if the imms would implement more areas where mobs are not aggro to their own race. Minotaur have to choose Seantryn Modan as their hometown.

StraklawMon 12-Dec-05 01:27 PM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#11278, "Re: Arial City"
In response to Reply #1

Arial city's a small town up in the skies. You may have to evict a few people before you can move in

ValguarneraMon 12-Dec-05 02:03 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
#11281, "Nope."
In response to Reply #2

Last I remember, it was (very intentionally) no longer a hometown option.

I'll doublecheck that tonight.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Top General Discussions Gameplay Topic #11276 Previous topic | Next topic