Top Long-Term Projects Topic #189
Show all folders

MekantosWed 19-Nov-08 04:33 PM
Member since 06th Dec 2003
796 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#189, "New Necro/Shaman Malediction"

Dilapidate or Decrepify

Effect: Basic dexterity nuke on par with the potency of weaken at all levels. However, since the combination of the two would be particularly horrible against any melee class, I'd suggest that if they are both cast or communed upon a character, the second one will have a lesser effect.

So, if I am fighting a giant warrior and I cast decrepify first, I will drop his dex considerably. If I then realize that I should have cast weaken first, and then cast it upon him to make up for it, the spell's potency will be halved since the magic/power being utilized to achieve the affect is so similar. Basically, you gotta make it count, but it opens up some options.

As an additional tweak, it would make sense (and be cool) if this made movement a bit more taxing upon the victim for the duration.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Possible long-term, Zulghinlour, 06-Jan-09 11:50 PM, #2
Reply FYI..., Daevryn, 07-Jan-09 12:46 AM, #3
Reply Seriously...3 times?, Zulghinlour, 06-Jan-09 11:48 PM, #1
     Reply Dude, Mekantos, 07-Jan-09 02:02 AM, #4
          Reply Or follow the instructions? =) nt, Asthiss, 07-Jan-09 04:24 PM, #5
               Reply Like...everyone else? -nt-, Mekantos, 07-Jan-09 07:25 PM, #6

ZulghinlourTue 06-Jan-09 11:50 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#194, "Possible long-term"
In response to Reply #0

I think with the dexterity changes we don't necessarily have enough dex maladictions in the game, but I don't that necro/shaman are really the people I'd be pushing this towards. I also agree that any of these will likely need to be tied together as nuking both strength and dex just makes things silly quickly.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

DaevrynWed 07-Jan-09 12:46 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#195, "FYI..."
In response to Reply #2

I coded up one thing roughly of this form a while ago, but it's a quest spell for now. I hadn't ever been convinced it was needed as an everybody ability, though I still could be.

ZulghinlourTue 06-Jan-09 11:48 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
#190, "Seriously...3 times?"
In response to Reply #0

When I say pick the ONE item you want and post it, I do really mean it. I want you guys to seriously think about what you want in the game, not just dump a ####load of ideas on the board and let me wade through them.

Then you you post this, and then follow it up 3 different times asking if you actually posted it (not to mention the other things you asked for). To put it bluntly...you're wasting my time.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

MekantosWed 07-Jan-09 01:27 AM
796 posts
#191, "Dude"
In response to Reply #1

Delete the #### and move on. It takes all the effort of a slight flex of your god damned finger.

AsthissWed 07-Jan-09 08:41 AM
Member since 26th Oct 2004
191 posts
#192, "Or follow the instructions? =) nt"
In response to Reply #4

no text

MekantosWed 07-Jan-09 07:09 PM
796 posts
#193, "Like...everyone else? -nt-"
In response to Reply #5

asfasf