Subject: "Kinda random...make tsunami useful?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Long-Term Projects Topic #179
Show all folders

StraklawTue 25-Nov-08 09:07 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#179, "Kinda random...make tsunami useful?"

For such a restricted-use spell, 90% of NPCs are immune where you can use it, and it's just bland and ineffective in general. I can't really think of many situations that it's not just going to be more effective to use some other ability instead.

Suggestions/Ideas:

Most basic and bleh...just plain up damage to something useful?

Maybe give it some sorts of dual-damage attack instead of just drowning. Maybe make it so that the battering of these huge waves can cause some blunt damage so you can actually do something on these immune mobs?

But my favorite, would be make it have some sorts of utility. Comparing it to whirling simoon (the other popular terrain-based power), simoon does blinding, maybe bleeding, with some good damage. Maybe tsunamis could risk denting/shattering boats, or be able to move people directions, or broken bones, or I hate to suggest any form of lagging, but it'd make me actually consider using it, if it actually accomplished something, even if it's not effects that're greatly reliable.

Of course, I'd probably just end up being more bait for water shifters, but ah well.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourSat 03-Jan-09 06:56 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#180, "Will move to long-term with other invoker ideas"
In response to Reply #0

The way I see tsunami is the same way I see icicle. It's one of the first steps in learning to create massive geysers of water anywhere. Wouldn't say I'm opposed to giving it some utility or dual-damage or something, but it's not high on my list.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top Long-Term Projects Topic #179 Previous topic | Next topic