Subject: "Expedited Eating and Drinking" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Long-Term Projects Topic #177
Show all folders

Not An ImmWed 12-Nov-08 11:38 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
141 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#177, "Expedited Eating and Drinking"

My humble request is nothing very interesting, but I would like to take some of the tedium out of something I have to do every 10 minutes or so in the game. I figure over the years, I have had to type "get stew sack", "eat stew" or some variation of this maybe 300,000,000 times in my life. And I refuse to use triggers for this, since they inevitably will get me killed.

I think it would be great if we could eliminate nearly half of the steps needed to eat and drink by allowing a character to specify a target when eating food, so they can eat immediately after fishing something out of a container.

For instance "eat stew sack" or "eat stew from sack" would grab and eat the first stew item from your sack in one command.
"Drink canteen girdle" or "drink canteen from girdle" would achieve the same result from a girdle.

Food and drink should be easy enough to identify blindly while reaching into a sack. I can see limiting/excluding this for things like pills and potions, however, since you probably need to inspect them to know you grabbed the right item.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

ZulghinlourTue 06-Jan-09 11:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#178, "Moving to long-term"
In response to Reply #0

I see this much like the dropping coins command from last year. A bunch of code for minimal gain. Not opposed to it, but I have alot more important things to work on currently.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Top Long-Term Projects Topic #177 Previous topic | Next topic