Subject: "Pathfinding boots" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4885
Show all folders

AmazoidsFri 22-Feb-19 11:34 AM
Member since 22nd Feb 2019
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4885, "Pathfinding boots"
Edited on Fri 22-Feb-19 11:35 AM

Hi! I have this neat pair of boots that i thought granted pathfinding, however upon visiting my guildmaster i find they have indeed granted pathfinding at 0% as a skill I can train which disappears when I remove the boots.

However I am unsure if it will remain should I train this skill. Or when I remove the boots, will I lose the practice? Should I be asking this or am I just suppose take it on the chin and possibly lose the practice?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply They do grant the skill, Kstatida, 22-Feb-19 12:02 PM, #1
     Reply This is true, incognito, 22-Feb-19 03:18 PM, #2
          Reply But are they as powerful as slay? n/t, Lhydia, 22-Feb-19 03:49 PM, #3
               Reply More evidence you are stupid, incognito, 28-Feb-19 07:08 PM, #4
                    Reply What you're missing.., Java, 28-Feb-19 07:53 PM, #5
                         Reply But assassinate is overpowered, incognito, 04-Mar-19 04:38 PM, #6
                              Reply IMMs should lose slay. Change my mind. n/t, Lhydia, 04-Mar-19 05:02 PM, #7
                                   Reply RE: IMMs should lose slay. Change my mind. n/t, incognito, 05-Mar-19 11:56 AM, #8
                                        Reply Yes that is why you lose. , Lhydia, 05-Mar-19 03:30 PM, #9
                                             Reply RE: Yes that is why you lose. , incognito, 09-Apr-19 12:29 AM, #10
                                                  Reply Calm down Krilcov, you're losing your #### on the inter..., Lhydia, 09-Apr-19 05:41 AM, #11

KstatidaFri 22-Feb-19 12:02 PM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4886, "They do grant the skill"
In response to Reply #0

but you can't practice it. You start with 25% at level 5 and it reduces to 0% when you reach 25.

The point of the boots is to allow you to sleep less when you run around, the item is very useful on low levels and is designed as such.

Pathfinding is too useful skill for PK to give it out for free to ppl.

incognitoFri 22-Feb-19 03:17 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4887, "This is true"
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Fri 22-Feb-19 03:18 PM

Not sure about the exact numbers but the general explanation is right.

At higher rank, there's an edge you can get (help edge) which makes your moves regenerate a lot faster. If you take that edge you will rarely need to rest for moves. However, it doesn't let you walk super fast through mountains etc like pathfinding does.

Also you can get extra moves from exploring everywhere.

Once you get used to the game you will probably have enough for to refresh at healers

LhydiaFri 22-Feb-19 03:49 PM
2379 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4888, "But are they as powerful as slay? n/t"
In response to Reply #2

gr

incognitoThu 28-Feb-19 07:08 PM
4495 posts
#4889, "More evidence you are stupid"
In response to Reply #3

Me saying that you don't have to use slay to be able to tell it is overpowered is an example of why it is not always true to argue you have to use a skill to judge it.

You can tell by seeing it used on others and yourself, as well.

Hence you can tell that champs are out of balance now without needing to play one.

I need to buy myself a trollslayer.

JavaThu 28-Feb-19 07:53 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1055 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4890, "What you're missing.."
In response to Reply #4

When you judge based off of logs, you see a very narrow snippet of the possibilities.

For instance, if you judged the assassinate skill based on the QHCF log board, you might very well think that it WAS slay. No one posts logs of the 2000 times a Target logged off in their guild or cabal after 20 stalks. Because people only post and only remember the remarkable, not the mundane.

But if you play a character and use the skill constantly, you can see the trends and realize when it works and when it doesn't.

incognitoMon 04-Mar-19 04:38 PM
4495 posts
#4891, "But assassinate is overpowered"
In response to Reply #5

In fact, by playing an assassin you are more likely to fail to realise that, if you don't got on what makes it likely to work.

If you do, it's easy.

I played probably half a dozen assassins before I cracked it. Then I realised it is op. Which is what I would have thought from logs.

I am not "missing" that. I completely understand your logic. I agree that in some cases it may apply. But often you do not need to play something to see that it is overpowered.

And let's note also that, putting me aside who played one of the first champions, that multiple recent champions have now said the build is out of balance.

LhydiaMon 04-Mar-19 05:02 PM
2379 posts
#4892, "IMMs should lose slay. Change my mind. n/t"
In response to Reply #6

gr

incognitoTue 05-Mar-19 11:56 AM
4495 posts
#4893, "RE: IMMs should lose slay. Change my mind. n/t"
In response to Reply #7

I don't think you need to worry about it either way, with your connections.

LhydiaTue 05-Mar-19 03:30 PM
2379 posts
#4894, "Yes that is why you lose. "
In response to Reply #8

My crazy connections. Especially here lately.

>I don't think you need to worry about it either way, with
>your connections.

incognitoTue 09-Apr-19 12:29 AM
4495 posts
#4898, "RE: Yes that is why you lose. "
In response to Reply #9

Care to give me an example of me losing to you?

Just one will do.

In over ten years you must have one, surely?

I could, on the other hand, post some examples of your imm supporter adding negative comments to my pbf because she didn't like logs that showed you letting groupmates die because you abandoned them. Which wasn't even the point of the log. The log was just a victory against superior numbers which included a strong enemy.

LhydiaTue 09-Apr-19 05:41 AM
2379 posts
#4899, "Calm down Krilcov, you're losing your #### on the inter..."
In response to Reply #10

gr

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4885 Previous topic | Next topic