Subject: "Prime stat Wisdom for Priets, what it does?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4861
Show all folders

Priest wannabe. (Anonymous)Fri 28-Sep-18 07:20 AM
Charter member
#4861, "Prime stat Wisdom for Priets, what it does?"

Hello, will roll a communer class, and would like to know if Wisdom plays any significant part on the class/supplications besides getting practice gains per level.

I have some questions like:

- Will a wis 25 like a gnome, be better than 17 cloud giant, when atempting to curse a target?

- For shamans, will high wisdon help in any way to bypass saves against, lets say, wither, rot, damnation, plague, blindness... and so on?

- Any bonus on the duration time for supps, like sanctuary, protective shield, carapace, armor of thorns?

Thanks in advance.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So, can i take it as a D&D legacy or something like?, Priest wannabe. (Anonymous), 02-Oct-18 01:47 PM, #5
Reply And mana regen, and some effect on saves..., Tac, 03-Oct-18 09:31 AM, #6
Reply Don't use the word legacy like that. (n/t), Murphy, 03-Oct-18 08:47 PM, #7
Reply RE: Prime stat Wisdom for Priets, what it does?, incognito, 28-Sep-18 03:55 PM, #1
     Reply re landing communes (INT vs WIS), Patrisaurus, 28-Sep-18 04:51 PM, #2
          Reply RE: re landing communes (INT vs WIS), incognito, 28-Sep-18 10:16 PM, #3
          Reply RE: re landing communes (INT vs WIS), incognito, 28-Sep-18 10:18 PM, #4

Priest wannabe. (Anonymous)Tue 02-Oct-18 01:47 PM
Charter member
#4866, "So, can i take it as a D&D legacy or something like?"
In response to Reply #0

What would matter for a priest is Inteligence for mana gains, and perhaps for landing supplications...

Wisdom would grant a few more practices per level, thats all?

Thanks.

TacWed 03-Oct-18 09:31 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4867, "And mana regen, and some effect on saves..."
In response to Reply #5

But generally yes, wisdom is an under-used stat that 99% of character only care about for practices per level.

MurphyWed 03-Oct-18 08:47 PM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4871, "Don't use the word legacy like that. (n/t)"
In response to Reply #5

NT

incognitoFri 28-Sep-18 03:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4862, "RE: Prime stat Wisdom for Priets, what it does?"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Fri 28-Sep-18 03:55 PM

My own impression is that high Wis does help land communes.

Certainly when I played drow shaman people regularly commented that I landed supps on them much more easily than other people.

Or is possible though that that was because I was choosing supps that they find harder to defend against. Eg plague and poison Vs low con races.

Int is quite important though if you are a shaman as it affects how fast you regen mana. As a druid you will regen fast anyway.

PatrisaurusFri 28-Sep-18 04:51 PM
Member since 11th Sep 2016
80 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4863, "re landing communes (INT vs WIS)"
In response to Reply #1

I thought it was drow INT that contributed to this, not WIS. Otherwise, your anecdote doesn't make a ton of sense... half-elf and human would be very similar to drow and minotaur would be better, right?

incognitoFri 28-Sep-18 10:16 PM
4495 posts
#4864, "RE: re landing communes (INT vs WIS)"
In response to Reply #2

Except that wis is the prime stat of priests. Which might imply it is what could affect communes.

You may be thinking of int boosting damage dealing ap spells, which was code specific to aps, allegedly. I remember it at the time.

incognitoFri 28-Sep-18 10:18 PM
4495 posts
#4865, "RE: re landing communes (INT vs WIS)"
In response to Reply #2

Except that wis is the prime stat of priests. Which might imply it is what could affect communes.

You may be thinking of int boosting damage dealing ap spells, which was code specific to aps, allegedly. I remember it at the time.

You might be right though as I don't remember Minotaur being as effective.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4861 Previous topic | Next topic