Subject: "Suggestions for a char that is not prep dependent ?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4768
Show all folders

vorianThu 06-Jul-17 06:16 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2009
212 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4768, "Suggestions for a char that is not prep dependent ?"

I'm thinking of coming back after a long time not playing. My main concern is that I don't want to spend too much time running after preps to have a decent char in PvP fights and, if possible, being survival enough to do some solo exploration.

Of course I thought of going Battle for absence of prepping. In terms of survivability for exploration, I thought of a felar ranger (but they're more or less limited to wilderness) or a bard (but I never played them so I have no idea of race/repertoire and tactics to play them). Defender seems the way for survival (do poultice cure blindness?) but I wonder if it's not better to go berserker for more damage. Any other toughts for a Battle combo?

I also tought of an inducted character (probably shaman) but I'm not sure I'm ready to spend much time in role writing...

When I think of wizards (muter, shifter, etc), I feel that they need to spend their time running after ABS wands to be competitive at higher level wich is definetely not appealing to me. But maybe I'm wrong since I never played one.

Anyway... any advice is more than welcome!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Thaedan (Anonymous)Fri 07-Jul-17 01:05 PM
Charter member
#4773, "RE: Suggestions for a char that is not prep dependent ?"
In response to Reply #0

Battle anything
Paladin
Shaman
Assassin (only fight tough people when in trance)

"Easy" preps like protection vs. alignment are probably still worth using. If you have an elemental vulnerability, then maybe something to cover that.

In situations where you can afford to suffer the side effects, then purchasable stone skin.

KstatidaFri 07-Jul-17 07:00 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4771, "RE: Suggestions for a char that is not prep dependent ?"
In response to Reply #0

Battke defender assassin
Battle defender bard
Acolyte/Empire healer/shaman
Acolyte paladin
Acolyte conjurer

JormyrThu 06-Jul-17 10:24 PM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
419 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4769, "I always enjoy shaman/paladin."
In response to Reply #0

Reasonable tanking, damredux, and healing all in one.

Admittedly, if you want full power, you definitely want to follow a religion, but you can also manage the PvE game w/o empowerment. Given there's a handful of pretty open and active religions, I don't think priests are too difficult right now, and if you HAPPEN to manage not to catch your Imm, you're not horribly crippled in the meantime.

SeriphaxFri 07-Jul-17 01:14 AM
Member since 26th Feb 2017
145 posts
#4770, "Agree."
In response to Reply #1

Paladins are really survivable and seem to do good even with just their built in preps.

Shamans are kind of close in that regard, but the maladicts available to you can make several tough mobs seem mediocre. Their built in preps are no joke either.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4768 Previous topic | Next topic